• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

This year? No way...

Aren't they still working on the 7/7 which started 4 years ago?

I think so. Deciphering their bs is difficult and I quit tracking what they have completed vs outstanding.

Guy’s most recent update actually provides date ranges. This is something they have not given in a while. Given that they have been unable to complete orders for production knives that they took over 4 years ago, I find it absurd that they now claim to be able to complete their entire backlog and new orders by the end of the year.

I think so. Deciphering their bs is difficult and I quit tracking what they have completed vs outstanding.

Guy’s most recent update actually provides date ranges. This is something they have not given in a while. Given that they have been unable to complete orders for production knives that they took over 4 years ago, I find it absurd that they now claim to be able to complete their entire backlog and new orders by the end of the year.

Well, didn't they stop giving date ranges when they realized it could be used against them legally, or some such? Also, I was laughing as Guy talked up all this equipment and trained people he was attempting to make it look like they now had, when the fact is, those fools at Millitt are who's making all their stuff. Wonder if they enjoy having this clown pass off their employees, shop, and machinery as S?Ks.

Here's Guy's post if anyone wants to read it. It sounds like they're closing up shop to me and starting a new business called The Knife Syndicate. What am I missing here?
They've made enough so they're just closing up shop, or they're out of money and the jig is up so they had to sell out to someone ( I'm guessing Millit)? How can they finish all of those knives in the next 10 months or so?
Is this meant to drive sales for the next round of pre-orders to generate a larger amount of cash?
There is SO MUCH BS coming from these guys and countless, boundless LIES have been told, it makes you wonder what this latest post really means. I know if I had money with them, I'd get it back right now while I could.
Why would I order anything from them now when they are literally telling you, we're taking a break after we wrap all of this up for 2020? A break for how long? Notice that is never mentioned?
Someone here enlighten me please. I know there are members here who know what is really going on.

In this post we’ll be discussing current production and the future of SURVIVE!

As fun as this ride has been so far, it is time for us to begin working toward a change of pace. SURVIVE! has been the center of our lives for over 8 years now and while we really enjoy making knives, we do have other life interests that have been put on the back burner, time and time again, for the sake of the business. Personal time, family events, spending time with friends, enjoying the outdoors... It has all taken a back seat, as we first worked to overcome the production obstacles/delays associated with using outside vendors and now more recently as we’ve worked to consolidate everything under one roof to grow and expand SURVIVE!.

This hasn't been great for our customers either. The production delays and lack of availability are sources of frustration for many of you as well. These issues were definitely not our intention when we started all of this but they are still the result of decisions we made while working to improve the knives and trying to grow the business to meet demand. It's been a journey to finally get to where we are today, and we truly appreciate those of you who stuck with us through those hard times.

As we look ahead, toward a future where the business is even larger, we’re finding ourselves less and less able to be excited about it. Rather than continuing down this path indefinitely, we're making the decision to wrap up our current promises, then take a step back to breathe and appreciate life for a bit. When we return, our sole focus at SURVIVE! will be producing meticulously crafted, small batch runs of knives. These will be offered in a way that allows us to better manage the balance between work and our personal interests. While there may still be scarce availability at first, we believe that our new equipment and improved workflow will help us to grow in a more natural and sustainable way moving into the future.

With that in mind, here is how current production is shaking out for the remaining models on the schedule. These delivery estimates are based on what we currently have in the pipeline, where each of the models are in the production process, and our current capacity to complete each model to the highest standard possible.

• GSO-7/7 orders are being worked on and will be fulfilled by the time the next First Friday Newsletter is released (March 6th). Extras will be available shortly.
  • All current GSO-3.5 orders are scheduled to be completed in March-April, at the latest.
From there our plan is to be wrapping up subsequent models every 4-6 weeks, depending on run size. The tentative production timeline is as follows:

• GSO-12 and GSO-6: May-June
  • GSO-4.5 and TSK: June-July
  • GSO-10 and GSO-8: July-August
  • GSO-5.1: August-September
  • SK-4.1, SK-2.7... With the plan to completely discontinue the SK Series (more details below) these will not be happening. Orders for SK-4.1 and SK-2.7 models will be receiving a complimentary upgrade to the all new GSO-4 and GSO-3, both set to be wrapping up: September-October
  • GSO-4.7 and GSO-5.5: November-December
  • The EDC-2, being a much smaller and less time consuming model, will be finished up as machine time permits, roughly: June-August
  • Since we have enough equipment and production capacity now, small prototype batches of the SURVIVE! F1 and F2 folder models may still be produced before we take a break. We’ll keep you updated on those as we work our way through the other models on the schedule.
With our recent investments to improve production efficiency, we feel very confident in these rough timelines for several reasons:

• Moving forward, all production is being done under one roof, meaning:
    • Guy is immediately available to approve parts and processes.
    • Individual parts can be test fit throughout production.
    • Less time lost and damages due to shipping parts.
  • All necessary materials are on hand, for minimal delays.
  • We now have enough equipment and capacity to comfortably reach these goals.
  • Production runs are getting smaller and smaller along the way, making each run less and less time consuming to complete.
With our plans to dramatically scale back and refocus production, we are completely abandoning the idea of the SK Series line of knives. Let’s face it, all of the budget options we’ve ever proposed were never that well received anyway. You demand the very best, so that is what we’re going to give you. To that end, if you currently have an SK Series knife on order, this is your lucky day, you will be receiving a complimentary upgrade to a GSO Series equivalent at no additional cost.

Ordering for all models currently in production is now open, with availability being limited to what is already in the pipeline. By preordering one of these models, you’re guaranteeing a slot for a GSO Series knife that is currently being made. If you would rather not pay and wait, there will be a small amount of extras available at the end of each run, if you’re quick. If all available slots are sold, you might also be able to pick up a knife on the secondary market or from a future production run, if and when the model you are interested in is produced again.

While things will be changing, this is certainly not the end. After taking some time to recharge, we will eventually be returning to offer limited runs of GSO Series knives exclusively through our new partnership, The Knife Syndicate. Representing an expanding list of brands, The Knife Syndicate is a newly formed manufacturing collective, where you’ll soon find exclusives from other manufacturing partners, affiliate brands, and industry friends, as well as collaborative endeavors, accessories, services, and a bunch of other cool stuff. Stay tuned for that over the coming months. SURVIVE! will also continue to maintain limited amounts of exclusive models, available through folks like Black Scout Survival.

So that is about it for now. We’ll continue to keep you up to speed each month with our First Friday Newsletters, as we start checking these last models off the production schedule.

Share:

Well now Survive states all knives and some new models will be done this year and orders are open for all of them. If you don't order now then know after this year they are taking time off the knife business and no longer going to go main stream with large orders. They says they are not making the SK line now but just a few months ago if you were unhappy with that line you could switch for faster delivery. Now your SK will go back to the GSO and remember they were suppose to reduce work load for them and get knives out faster. Nobody fell for the essential line either so that went away in less than a month. Get your refund now or you will be sorry. These latest time frame are designed to keep you from asking for a refund while hoping others will send in more money. They claim to be broke but are going to take a long vacation from the 4 day a week work they claim they do. Get your REFUND NOW.

I ordered a 7/7 in 2015 and I got it a month ago so that's five years. And I wasnt the first one to order. They just cant get it together.
I ordered a 7/7in Jan 2016 and I asked for a refund. It is part of their plan to refund but the money they earned on all these phantom models is allowing them to go off into the wind for however long it takes for people to forget and I have a feeling they might return to do it again if they can. The SK line never was available for immediate sale and that 5 day shipping was BS too. Everything they say is a lie.

The GSO 6 and 8 were ordered like 5 years ago and they haven't even landed in the shop yet they expect us to believe they will be here in less than 4 months. Either just a handful of people still have orders or this too is a lie. Maybe they are going to reward fan boys and the rest of us will never see their orders. NEVER AGAIN and I don't care how long of a break you guys take as Once a Crook and Liar in my book you will always be one.

I ordered a 7/7 in 2015 and I got it a month ago so that's five years. And I wasnt the first one to order. They just cant get it together.
Dear God. Going on 5 years. Thanks for the info.

So they can't complete a run in 5 years and somehow think they will finish up all outstanding orders this year, all while taking new orders?

Anyone knowing their past and still continuing to support them in any way is a fool.

The blackscoutsurvival guy banned me from his Instagram the other day for asking if S!K had corrected their timing issues when he posted a picture of their collaboration knife.

I emailed him and he said I was banned for “defamation” for asking that question.

He needs a dictionary. Lol
I wonder how they had time to make a special run for him when they don’t have other orders completed. I used to drink the Kool-Aid too but got wise.

The blackscoutsurvival guy banned me from his Instagram the other day for asking if S!K had corrected their timing issues when he posted a picture of their collaboration knife.

I emailed him and he said I was banned for “defamation” for asking that question.

He needs a dictionary. Lol
I guess you got your answer.

Just another reason to not trust those other platforms. There, information is controlled by the perpetrator and you are banned for asking questions. Here, information is discussed by the community and surfail! was shut down for not answering the tough questions with real answers.

Yeah, I don’t even know. I don’t really have a dog in this fight as I never personally dealt with S!K directly. I did email them a few years ago to ask a simple question and only received the auto mailer response. Nothing else.

I have a survive knife I bought second hand. It’s a great knife and would like to have a one of the smaller ones. But I will never be doing business with either of them directly.

I was a long time fan of the blackscout social media franchise. I’m sure banning my account won’t hurt him one bit in the grand scheme of things. But it says a lot about his character to align himself with a knife company that is destined to a history of its own flaws.

When it's all said and done and they take a break it would be interesting to see a the numbers for the ~6 years all in. How may knives were ordered, produced, and delivered by year? Never going to see them, but would make an interesting graph for a future preorder tee-shirt for sure.

Dear God. Going on 5 years. Thanks for the info.

So they can't complete a run in 5 years and somehow think they will finish up all outstanding orders this year, all while taking new orders?

Anyone knowing their past and still continuing to support them in any way is a fool.
They are the only company on the planet that can speed up already delayed production by taking on more work!
They are amazing! :thumbsup:
Imagine how many different models they'll be blasting out while they're on their "break"!!!:eek:

They are the only company on the planet that can speed up already delayed production by taking on more work!
They are amazing! :thumbsup:
Imagine how many different models they'll be blasting out while they're on their "break"!!!:eek:
They said starting the sk line would speed up their huge back log. That was 2 years ago. Now they are canceling the SK line that they never started and still aren't done with the knives they created the SK line to get done! You can't make the idiocy of this stuff up...

I sent a message on IG at Black Scout Survival on his BSS-5 which appears to be a standard GSO 5 or 5.1. I asked if it was a 4-5 year wait on the BSS model like it is for all other Survive!Knives models? Let's see if I get an answer.
I also noticed there are no timelines on his model and he won't answer any questions about that or S!K.

I sent a message on IG at Black Scout Survival on his BSS-5 which appears to be a standard GSO 5 or 5.1. I asked if it was a 4-5 year wait on the BSS model like it is for all other Survive!Knives models? Let's see if I get an answer.
I also noticed there are no timelines on his model and he won't answer any questions about that or S!K.

BSS is just another "survivalist" Youtube stooge. He's been paid either monetarily or with free products to shill for them. No surprise there. He probably gets a cut of every one of those branded S?K blades whenever someone preorders one. I remember watching a video of his from years ago about "urban survival" which was basically summed up like "When walking around in the city, always be alert that you might be being followed". Some of these guys live in interesting mental places.

This saga looks like it is going to end in a supernova of insanity.

Eh, I wouldn't count on it. There are folks here who have predicted their end many times but I think it simply comes down to the fact that there are plenty of folks out there who do not know, do not care, or are simply oblivious and will continue to support them.

I could forgive screwing up with an initial business approach but the fact that they continue to engage in the same practices (over and over and over) despite saying (over and over and over) that they are going to stop, just tells me that they haven't hit any sort of bottom yet and will continue to carry on with their ridiculous business model. As long as people continue to buy their products, they will carry on with "business-as-usual".

I happen to really like their knives but cannot and will not, in good conscience, support them in any fashion. They haven't demonstrated to me, in any capacity, that they understand why they have become so loathed in certain corners of the industry. That just tells me that they feel they can continue to get away with how they run things.

Back