• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Eh, I wouldn't count on it. There are folks here who have predicted their end many times but I think it simply comes down to the fact that there are plenty of folks out there who do not know, do not care, or are simply oblivious and will continue to support them.
You know what they say about how often a sucker is born...

Interesting to watch the video, Guy would be better off if he sold the "scrap" scales and blades and let folks fool around with them. At least then he could say that some product has been released.:rolleyes:

You know what they say about how often a sucker is born...
Ha... speaking of which.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Em-FnY_5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEC6G6jLYY
"the journey"... ha, ok.
People still eat this stuff up??

Reading the comments... yes, yes they do. The cringe is real.
"Very informative and thank you for sticking with it! Great product from folks who care."
"Love the quality, love the passion. Just ordered a GSO-10 based on how much I appreciated you taking the time to communicate your vision and the growing pains. "
"Guy and Ellie, DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR DOING THE BEST YOU CAN! "

Wow.. holy BetaCuck Batman!
Seriously, how can dudes who collect survival knives (of all things) be so beta-infused? I mean, guys collecting Beanie Babies I could understand.. but survival knives??

And, surprise... Survive! is back to taking Pre-orders. But this time ..
For NINE (9) different models. ALL stated to be done in 2020
"This is a preorder - it will be several months until it is delivered."

They are NOW back to accepting pre-orders (pre payments) for..
GSO 4, GSO 4.5, GSO 3, GSO 4.7,GSO 5.1,GSO 5.5,GSO 6,GSO 8
GSO 12

So... how are they now able to make Nine Models in one year .. When it's always taken them (years) to just complete one model at a time? Yet they have all positive shilling-betacucks pumping them up in social media for another (possibly final) round of pump and dumps. Amazing how far a Ponzi scam can go on for. What is the point of even having trade-commerce laws when it's obvious they are not enforced.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Am I the only one who thinks this latest deal with taking a 'break' and putting everything they build up for preorder, is the final scam in this farce?
To me, and this is my opinion only, if they sold 10,000 knives so far, and the average was $200.00 each, regardless of how many were actually built, that would be $2,000,000.00 in their bank account. 20,000 knives would be $4 million, etc.

A thousand GSO 12 orders alone would equal $349,000.00.

That's a lot of pure 100% profit right in their pockets since they get payment up front and never incur any of the costs to produce the knives.

It seems to me that they will get one last push of cash on preorders in, in the next 9 months, and then disappear and retire somewhere with a few million bucks.

I'd love to hear others thoughts on my theory.

Just wait until they claim the Wuhan Coronavirus required a complete termination of all operations, and they moved to Timbuktu for their own safety.

Again, this will end in a supernova of insanity.

This happened with the monkey cycle kickstarter. Conveniently shut down just as the bikes we supposed to start shipping a year late

SURVIVE! Covid-19 Update

Apr 1st 2020 – by Ellie Seiferd

These are strange and unprecedented times. As Covid-19 continues to spread throughout our communities, everyone has had to make adjustments to their daily lives. Here are some of the facts about our specific situation and the actions that SURVIVE! is taking to help combat this coronavirus while still getting orders fulfilled:

• The Idaho governor has issued an order requiring people to stay at home, except for essential activities.
  • Guy will be camping in the SURVIVE! office for the duration, so that he can continue to work while adhering to the shelter order and protecting his high-risk family from the coronavirus.
  • The workshop has been closed to all visitors and delivery personnel are being asked to leave packages at the main entrance.
  • Every effort is being taken to keep the workshop a clean and safe environment.
  • We have stocked up on consumables and other materials needed to make our knives.
  • Production is still moving forward, though the stay at home order has reduced our overall capacity.
We have taken every effort to be able to continue shipping orders throughout this time, but we cannot predict the future. There may be additional delays as the situation evolves. Especially if this lasts longer than anticipated or tighter restrictions are put in place locally and around the country. We will continue to update you of any changes.

In the meantime, be safe out there. Do what you can to support healthcare workers as well as small businesses. Follow the guidelines put in place by your local health district. Use common sense. Wash your hands. Stay home, if at all possible. Don’t be afraid to seem like you’re overreacting. Stay informed but unplug when necessary. Focus on the good. For those that do have the ability to stay home, enjoy some time with your families, learn a new skill, break old habits, create new positive habits... Just do something productive with your time, and perhaps most importantly, keep a positive attitude. We are all in this together and working together is how we'll beat this!

SURVIVE! Covid-19 Update

Apr 1st 2020 – by Ellie Seiferd

These are strange and unprecedented times. As Covid-19 continues to spread throughout our communities, everyone has had to make adjustments to their daily lives. Here are some of the facts about our specific situation and the actions that SURVIVE! is taking to help combat this coronavirus while still getting orders fulfilled:

• The Idaho governor has issued an order requiring people to stay at home, except for essential activities.
  • Guy will be camping in the SURVIVE! office for the duration, so that he can continue to work while adhering to the shelter order and protecting his high-risk family from the coronavirus.
  • The workshop has been closed to all visitors and delivery personnel are being asked to leave packages at the main entrance.
  • Every effort is being taken to keep the workshop a clean and safe environment.
  • We have stocked up on consumables and other materials needed to make our knives.
  • Production is still moving forward, though the stay at home order has reduced our overall capacity.
We have taken every effort to be able to continue shipping orders throughout this time, but we cannot predict the future. There may be additional delays as the situation evolves. Especially if this lasts longer than anticipated or tighter restrictions are put in place locally and around the country. We will continue to update you of any changes.

In the meantime, be safe out there. Do what you can to support healthcare workers as well as small businesses. Follow the guidelines put in place by your local health district. Use common sense. Wash your hands. Stay home, if at all possible. Don’t be afraid to seem like you’re overreacting. Stay informed but unplug when necessary. Focus on the good. For those that do have the ability to stay home, enjoy some time with your families, learn a new skill, break old habits, create new positive habits... Just do something productive with your time, and perhaps most importantly, keep a positive attitude. We are all in this together and working together is how we'll beat this!
So does that mean they are getting rid of the 4 day work week? :D

From their 21st of March email update:

"Production Update:
  • Due to unforeseen circumstances, we were not able to get all of the GSO-7/7 orders fulfilled as planned. The issues are resolved and those will be done next week, for sure.
  • The remaining GSO-7/7 blades will be built before being listed because of the handle fitment issues. Some of those are available now, and more will be added as Ellie has time to build them.
  • GSO-3.5 Factory 2nd orders will be going out as soon as the last GSO-7/7 order is packed up."

Yup. Unforeseen circumstances but issues now resolved (next week for sure), can't fulfil orders, still handle fitment issues, and FACTORY 2NDs again!!!

I'm sorry to be a snarky little bitch about this, but just, wow.

LOL yes you got me on 3hrs sleep.... but it is possible that the Survive? crowd will flee the virus hordes on their two wheeled transport devices....those hordes may just be customers wanting their $s back of course.....how was that for a more appropriate segue ....... ;) :D

If you go look at the recent videos there are tons of likes and people saying they are ordering knives again. Wow.

The blackscout survival guy is a douche.

I started machining 2 years ago and have made things 50times more complicated then those fucking things.

Having 3 holes in the handles not match is like basic machining. Like basic as F machining.

I do understand some of the production misses but they are literally things you should have learned in 2 months of machining.

We had fanboys here shilling for survive! continually for years despite the obvious. Manufacturing is as old as the Pyramids. To not be able to produce the simplest knife in quantity today takes a special kind of incompetence unless that was never your intention from the start.

We had fanboys here shilling for survive! continually for years despite the obvious. Manufacturing is as old as the Pyramids. To not be able to produce the simplest knife in quantity today takes a special kind of incompetence unless that was never your intention from the start.

Now THAT is one of the bets comments I've seen here in a while!!!

Back