• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Well first they have to pre-plan the pre-build with a pre-meeting, then prepare to pre-build, then have a pre-pre-build meeting, then take the blade blanks up a mountain to be blessed by a holy man, and then begin pre-building.

When you look at it like that 30 days is totally reasonable.

And that's just for the 2nds.

News Nugget.... A meteorite with the proper ore composition has landed in Challengers Deep. Now to finish the next batch of Survive Knives Guy and Ellie have been twerking to get into shape and build up their cardio. The plan is to save on cost so they will free dive 7 miles down to the bottom of the Ocean to collect the materials. Now they can't get it all at once because the heat and pressure have to blend the iron ore to the proper standards that only Survive Knives know about. I want you to be patient because nobody else can put these fine blades together. The process of putting bolts to handles is complex too and not even Bob Loveless can do it like Survive can. If you read the fine print from Survive Knives they don't even have to deliver you a knife in your life time. Well it is now September did they send the GSO 5.1 out like they said they would? Did they finish any series in the past 2 months? Stop sending them money on false pretenses is the only key to getting them to act right. Now they are never going to be able to finish the orders they have in the time they say they will. Now remember they were all to be done in 2020. Well the reason they are not so forthcoming is because they are busy mining the ore. Have patience as mining is hard work.

News Nugget.... A meteorite with the proper ore composition has landed in Challengers Deep. Now to finish the next batch of Survive Knives Guy and Ellie have been twerking to get into shape and build up their cardio. The plan is to save on cost so they will free dive 7 miles down to the bottom of the Ocean to collect the materials. Now they can't get it all at once because the heat and pressure have to blend the iron ore to the proper standards that only Survive Knives know about. I want you to be patient because nobody else can put these fine blades together. The process of putting bolts to handles is complex too and not even Bob Loveless can do it like Survive can. If you read the fine print from Survive Knives they don't even have to deliver you a knife in your life time. Well it is now September did they send the GSO 5.1 out like they said they would? Did they finish any series in the past 2 months? Stop sending them money on false pretenses is the only key to getting them to act right. Now they are never going to be able to finish the orders they have in the time they say they will. Now remember they were all to be done in 2020. Pre meetings, to pre build, pre order, pre stages, pre heat, pre staff, pre parts, pre shuffle, pre arrange, pre mold, pre sheath, pre write, pre seconds, pre test, pre ship, pre box, pre mail, along with pre banking. Well the reason they are not so forthcoming is because they are busy mining the ore. Have patience as mining is hard work.

Apparently I have also been duped by Survive Knives. Ordered my 3.5 8/17/2015!!!! Waited all these years thinking that 2020 would be the year. Now, after commenting on a few 3.5 inquiries from other folks on IG, they blocked me. Not responding to emails or phone calls either. I am so pissed .

Apparently I have also been duped by Survive Knives. Ordered my 3.5 8/17/2015!!!! Waited all these years thinking that 2020 would be the year. Now, after commenting on a few 3.5 inquiries from other folks on IG, they blocked me. Not responding to emails or phone calls either. I am so pissed .
They were banned from BF's for a reason, they have taken scamming knife enthusiasts out of money to a whole new level.

Why anyone would wait years for one of their knives is beyond me.

There's numerous companies that build a better knife and that also have outstanding customer service... Winkler, Carother's, Busse, just too name a few.

They were banned from BF's for a reason, they have taken scamming knife enthusiasts out of money to a whole new level.

Why anyone would wait years for one of their knives is beyond me.

There's numerous companies that build a better knife and that also have outstanding customer service... Winkler, Carother's, Busse, just too name a few.

Hell, I guess after a while, I thought I’ve waited this long. I have good “survival” knives by top manufacturers. It’s the principle of the thing now. Thanks for the response.

It's because their MO is that Guy is a knife making, knife sharpening savant who does all the work himself so that way he knows it's done "right", and no one else could possibly ever be shown how to bolt handle scales from one company to blade blanks made by another company (neither of whom is Guy, the "maker*") and smooth the finished product over a belt-sander, and then sharpen it on another one. Making a fixed blade involves hundreds of ultra precise steps, and Guy's the only one who can get it done to Survive?!'s tremendously exacting specifications. Don't you know this? Come on, now!

LOL

* So, I'm sorry Guy, what the fuck is it that you do here again? Bolt shit made by others together? That would be journeyman work at virtually any other company.

SPOT ON!!!! I somehow forgot that Guy is not a knife maker. He's a knife assembler.

SPOT ON!!!! I somehow forgot that Guy is not a knife maker. He's a knife assembler.

This is what kills me about the whole thing with this garbage company. This guy is an assembler and finisher for an item that's comprised of like, three pieces and the requisite hardware to hold those three pieces together. Sorry, maybe another two or three parts if we're throwing their sheathes into the mix. Somebody who was given a big bin of blade and handle scales already cut to rough shape* should be cranking those out so fast, the very idea of it taking multiple years is just clownshoes. It's entirely obvious to anyone who isn't them that they don't actually do any work until the online fervor reaches a fever pitch, wherein they then bust out some "in progress" pics and quickly knock out a few hundred knives and ship them out, so their anus-hoovering sycophants online can then post up like "SEE GUYS! I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD SHIP THIS MONTH!!!".

Actually, thinking on it, weren't their sheathes made by another company as well?

This is what kills me about the whole thing with this garbage company. This guy is an assembler and finisher for an item that's comprised of like, three pieces and the requisite hardware to hold those three pieces together. Sorry, maybe another two or three parts if we're throwing their sheathes into the mix. Somebody who was given a big bin of blade and handle scales already cut to rough shape* should be cranking those out so fast, the very idea of it taking multiple years is just clownshoes. It's entirely obvious to anyone who isn't them that they don't actually do any work until the online fervor reaches a fever pitch, wherein they then bust out some "in progress" pics and quickly knock out a few hundred knives and ship them out, so their anus-hoovering sycophants online can then post up like "SEE GUYS! I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD SHIP THIS MONTH!!!".

Actually, thinking on it, weren't their sheathes made by another company as well?

I actually choked on my coffee when I read that! Thank you for the laugh!

Hmmm. Am I the only one who thinks this latest deal with taking a 'break' and putting everything they build up for preorder, is the final scam in this farce?
To me, and this is my opinion only, if they sold 10,000 knives so far, and the average was $200.00 each, regardless of how many were actually built, that would be $2,000,000.00 in their bank account. 20,000 knives would be $4 million, etc.

A thousand GSO 12 orders alone would equal $349,000.00.

That's a lot of pure 100% profit right in their pockets since they get payment up front and never incur any of the costs to produce the knives.

It seems to me that they will get one last push of cash on preorders in, in the next 9 months, and then disappear and retire somewhere with a few million bucks.

I'd love to hear others thoughts on my theory.

This is what I think will happen. Someone mentioned that they became an llc. Now they can tank their company by distributing the money through shell companies.

I love their response. We are working on hiring more customer service staff... for 5 years? These people should be in jail! So glad I sold off my gsos a couple years ago.

Quote of the year - "Anus-hoovering sycophants." Shall we all chip in for a giant 4-foot trophy for Quiet? Or how about a billboard right next to Survive that reads, "Proudly supported by anus-hoovering sycophants"? Possibly with graphic background art? Or maybe we do up a giant trophy for Guy called The Golden Sphincter Award?

The BBB complaints from 2020 are interesting reading. Basically, despite all S!K's claims that things are getting better, they are still pulling the same shady BS. Why anyone would do business with Guy and Ellie is beyond me.

Back