• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

All the points are relevant but this one is a true clanger....
The wait aside, those discounted Starter order prices are a pretty screaming deal, especially compared to our new pricing.

..... what you paid YEARS ago for the knife you probably wont get was a screaming deal so you really should be a happy happy customer.

Why they're not in jail yet is beyond me! One things for sure, the koolaid never stops flowing. They'll probably use covid-19 for an excuse for years to come!

Why they're not in jail yet is beyond me! One things for sure, the koolaid never stops flowing. They'll probably use covid-19 for an excuse for years to come!

Wondering if Millet was shut down too or just Survive since they share the same shop. I can understand suppliers of larger contractors having to close but Survive is just 2 or 3 person operation with 2 of them being married.

Millit knives posted 2 years ago that the GSO 6’s are being bevel ground and will have a fast turn around. What a joke!

Since their 10/29 instagram post, S!K has once again turned off comments. Their last post had a lot of comments about knives taking much longer than expected to be completed... At least S!K is consistent.

Wondering if Millet was shut down too or just Survive since they share the same shop. I can understand suppliers of larger contractors having to close but Survive is just 2 or 3 person operation with 2 of them being married.

IF THEIR SITE IS ANY INDICATION, MILLIT GOES ON.

How can this still be going on?
..... a combination of uneducated buyers believing their BS and sending them money and what can only be described as something a bit like Stockholm Syndrome with the people who have $$s sitting with them. I get that after (in some cases) 5 years of waiting for what is essentially a production (most wish) knife many will be thinking "any moment now" and some others who see the few bones that get thrown out to the loudest barking and want to be part of the in crowd. While they continue to take orders which far outstrip their output the situation will only fester till something gives. All those people with $s there are unsecured creditors I assume (US law being different to here) so the banks etc will get first picking over corpse when it happens and there will be at best some crumbs for the rest. It's cunning to have lots of people in for smaller amounts of money than a small group in for larger sums, if it were the later lawyers etc there would have been more action against their company (not the individuals as I assume they have insulated themselves from personal liability) to either force production or wind them up for the assets. In the case of many small debts, unless there is a class action, no one individual has the investment or drive to pursue it and when it looks like someone may they get a refund...

:rolleyes: It's COVID-19!

"SURVIVE! Covid-19 Update

Apr 1st 2020 – by Ellie Seiferd [STILL POSTED 11/11/20] [ORDER REVOKED MAY 30, 2029 - 5.3 MONTHS AGO.]

These are strange and unprecedented times. As Covid-19 continues to spread throughout our communities, everyone has had to make adjustments to their daily lives. Here are some of the facts about our specific situation and the actions that SURVIVE! is taking to help combat this coronavirus while still getting orders fulfilled:

• The Idaho governor has issued an order [REVOKED 5.3 MPONTHS AGO] requiring people to stay at home, except for essential activities.
  • Guy will be camping in the SURVIVE! office for the duration, so that he can continue to work while adhering to the shelter order and protecting his high-risk family from the coronavirus.
  • The workshop has been closed to all visitors and delivery personnel are being asked to leave packages at the main entrance.
  • Every effort is being taken to keep the workshop a clean and safe environment.
  • We have stocked up on consumables and other materials needed to make our knives.
  • Production is still moving forward, though the stay at home order has reduced our overall capacity.
We have taken every effort to be able to continue shipping orders throughout this time, but we cannot predict the future. There may be additional delays as the situation evolves. Especially if this lasts longer than anticipated or tighter restrictions are put in place locally and around the country. We will continue to update you of any changes.

In the meantime, be safe out there. Do what you can to support healthcare workers as well as small businesses. Follow the guidelines put in place by your local health district. Use common sense. Wash your hands. Stay home, if at all possible. Don’t be afraid to seem like you’re overreacting. Stay informed but unplug when necessary. Focus on the good. For those that do have the ability to stay home, enjoy some time with your families, learn a new skill, break old habits, create new positive habits... Just do something productive with your time, and perhaps most importantly, keep a positive attitude. We are all in this together and working together is how we'll beat this!

S!K just made two more Instagram posts with the comments disabled... Looks like they are resorting to the same tactics they have used before to limit negative feedback from justifiably unhappy customers.

Here is one of the last comments:
"Hey there, so I have been waiting quite some time for my order for the gso 3 and it still says "awaiting fulfillment" is there any chance of possibly changing my order for a knife that actually IS being made and pay the difference? I have emailed with zero response ‍♂️"

and another:
"Three and a half years later and I might get my six....not holding my breath"

well they did not even finish much of anything. they give small hope so folks don't ask for refund. gso6 has been going on for 5-6 years. I urge people not to deal with shady companies.

Next, please!
Nov 25th 2020

2020, yeesh! Like many people, this has not been our favorite year. But that just means 2021 is going to be that much better! Here is a rundown of where we’re at today and what we have planned for 2021.

Our biggest goal is to get the preorders fulfilled. We are, as you all know by now, behind on getting everything out. Our intention was to be done by the end of 2020 but, for reasons beyond anyone’s control, that just wasn’t in the cards. That doesn’t mean we didn’t make some massive progress though. With our investments in equipment and process improvements production has sped up. Most preordered models have already been heat treated and are working their way through final machining and finishing steps. Fortunately, all of this is done in-house so we see the parts at every step of the way and don’t have to worry about transit times. The Blanchard grinder we picked up a few months ago is helping tremendously, keeping both bevel grinding machines busy 6-days a week. We are getting ahead on handle fixtures, so sheath template knives can be assembled and sent out as soon as possible. Once the workshop has settled into a new flow, we will list updated delivery estimates on the Production Schedule page. As it stands, we are planning to fulfill the GSO-3.5, GSO-6, and a good portion of the GSO-12 preorders by the end of this year. The remaining models will be shipping out in the early part of 2021.

We are approaching the end of our major growing pains and are looking forward to putting that chapter behind us. As those old orders are finishing up, there will be some changes to availability. By the end of 2021, we plan to be making smaller production runs of repeat models, which will be mostly prebuilt and ready to ship when you place your order. We’ll be sharing more details on that shortly.

Through 2021 we will continue our investment in the future. There are still a couple more pieces of equipment and some shop upgrades on the wish list. In addition to equipment, we are also planning to continue investing in people. Kendra has been with SURVIVE! for nearly three months now and has become a great asset to assembly and shipping. She has also been refining her increasingly impressive sharpening skills, as well as learning other aspects of production. As soon as possible we plan to welcome a dedicated customer service person. They will improve communication by frequently responding to emails, help keep Guy focused on shop work by answering the phone during the day, and keep folks more informed by posting regular social media updates. Additionally, we will continue to invest in hard-working people as we continue to grow.

Our dream is to make the best knives, as efficiently as possible, so we can keep the prices reasonable. That means doing as much as we can in-house, with a small team of highly effective people. The future continues to be bright here at SURVIVE! and we are looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you. For regular photo and video updates, be sure to follow us @surviveknives on Instagram.

"BRIGHT" FUTURE? :rolleyes:

WHAT WAS IT THE JAPANESE EMPEROR TOLD THE PEOPLE WHEN SURRENDERING IN AUGUST, 1945? "[T]he war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage."

What a joke. 6 years going and they still haven't finished those knives that are always almost done. Glad they got the boot from here and I hope all their ball-washers still check in and read this. Remember when we told you over and over that this would happen? Well, it has and is still happening.....

Back