• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Factory seconds available for purchase before all 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 orders are fulfilled ?

The Hall of Shame is where these con artists belong, that being said they are still in business due to the old saying "there is a sucker born every minute".
Yepp, they got me as I watched a Chris Tanner review of one and went to their site and saw an S90V GSO 3 small fixed blade on which I was able to order any kind of handle scales that I wanted and the price was only $149 for "pre-order" but that was over a year ago and they have not once even bothered to reply to an email but they do answer Instagram msgs and say we're extremely busy in the shop filling orders but we will get to your request as soon as we get a moment free and are able RIIIIIIIGHT sure ya will ‍♂️ I have asked to upgrade my order to a model that is in current production and pay the difference they were happy to hear this (more money for them, no knife for me) but still have not even done that smh this company truly is a JOKE

I got my 2 GSO12’s and my GSO 6 a couple days ago. The past is the past and I have my knives now so I can’t really complain.

from the 1/1/21 update:

"Our friends on the Millit team are in the process of packing up and moving to their own shop space where they can continue to work on their own branded models and OEM projects."

so... no more S!K / Millit partnership. That didn't last too long.

Interesting that it is Millit that is leaving, not Survive as I thought it was Millit's shop to start with.

Check out their latest video on Youtube. 40 minutes of what went wrong, why not really their fault and how it has already gotten better. o_O

Check out their latest video on Youtube. 40 minutes of what went wrong, why not really their fault and how it has already gotten better. o_O
And of course all of their fans are eating it up in the comments there.

Wow. How far does he get into the split with Millit? I could not watch Guy and Ellie spew for more than a few minutes.

The brilliant part of this, is they will be able to repost that same video next year, the year after, etc. No need to make another one!

If their forum on here is still accessible, they could copy/paste from their own posts.

from the 1/1/21 update:

"Our friends on the Millit team are in the process of packing up and moving to their own shop space where they can continue to work on their own branded models and OEM projects."

so... no more S!K / Millit partnership. That didn't last too long.

Didn't Survive?! move to Millit's shop? So, basically they took over the space? Or maybe Millit is just so disgusted by this garbage company stinking up the place that they said "Fine, you can have it, we're out!".

Didn't Survive?! move to Millit's shop? So, basically they took over the space? Or maybe Millit is just so disgusted by this garbage company stinking up the place that they said "Fine, you can have it, we're out!".
Are they now pretending that they were helping Millet get their business up and running and now Millet is finally able to head out on their own? o_O

Are they now pretending that they were helping Millet get their business up and running and now Millet is finally able to head out on their own? o_O

Right??? I can't believe that Millit saw that announcement language and wasn't immediately pissed. Well, I hope they were, and I'm glad for every negative thing Millit experiences. That's what you get, scumbags! LOL

I got my 2 GSO12’s and my GSO 6 a couple days ago. The past is the past and I have my knives now so I can’t really complain.
Wait, what?! You got a GSO 6? I've had one of those on order since.... well, since you could order them.
Yes, I have a few of their knives. Never had a problem with their knives. Their business practice, though.... don't get me started. IF I ever get the GSO 6, and the GSO 5.1 I ordered about the same time, I'll be done with them. They're great knives, worth the price, but certainly not worth the wait.

I'm glad I checked with the forum here and read all this. Thanks. I'm blown away by what I'm reading, how can it take 3 years to get these made and shipped?

I was probably ready to pay double asking price to get one of these blades quickly. I found one on Ebay for $325 (GSO4.7) ironically you're not able to send the seller any questions.

OMFG.

2/27 Survive! Shop Update:

"SURVIVE! Shop Update
The shop has been cleared out and cleaned up. This past weekend was spent taking care of some overdue maintenance tasks. This week we are working on replacing needed items and getting the shop set back up for making knives again. Next week will be all about shipping, shipping, and more shipping! A lot of machining too, of course!
The new waterjet is on our floor and we can't wait to see it in action. Right now it is in many different pieces, but the Omax setup team will be here in the next few weeks to get it put together. We have plenty to keep us busy in the meantime though.

To see it running, make sure you are following @surviveknives!
Moving Forward
This has been a journey. Every change, big or small, has always been toward improving in some way. Sometimes it has been a new process or updated design. Other times, change has involved some big investments. With the Starter Campaign, your help gave us the ability to do blade finishing ourselves. In the past year and a half, we've built on that by getting the equipment to do even more steps in-house.

Now, for the first time ever, we are in complete control of SURVIVE! production. We are choosing the best tooling and other consumables to make better parts. We are creating systems that prioritize quality and efficiency. We get to set the schedule using facts instead of relying on false promises.

This is a new SURVIVE!

Yes, we've said that before. The difference is that in the past we were taking steps down a new and unfamiliar path, with our success being highly dependant on others. Now we are finally at the top of the mountain, with renewed clarity. From here on out we are forging our own path, writing our own story.

The only things not made under our roof, fasteners and sheaths, are currently being produced by other Idaho based companies. They do a phenomenal job while being very easy to work with, so they have job security as far as we are concerned.

Everything else is now being done at SURVIVE! by SURVIVE! for SURVIVE!
All to serve you better."

Back