• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Yea. Pay 100% of the cost up front and hope you get a knife within the next decade.
do you think it will stay this way ?

or are they actually speeding up the production?

People have literally been asking those questions for about a decade now.
they did and still do but that doesn't answer my question.

from what i can see on IG they are actually producing more knives.maybe they are just rearranging them for each photo.

do you have any proof of somebody not getting their knife after completion of a model?

i'm not attacking you personally but you seem to be angry at them.maybe it's just a misinterpretation on my side because it's all in written form. i wouldn't call somebody bad names behind their back (i.e. a public forum) just because they (allegedly) scammed me.even if it was for a large amount of money.can't buy dignity.

again,not a personal attack,just trying to help and be objective until we get the whole picture.

edit:.if somebody burns you,don't let anger enter your heart,it doesn't help and just brings you down to their level.i know it sound cheesy but it's true

Last edited:
GAGL GAGL you are one in a long line of naive hopefuls..... just go back to page one of this thread and read it all (including the linked threads). You will see many innocent posters “trying to get the whole picture” and being “objective”, and then the light switch will go on and they achieve enlightenment.

Survive Knives reputation and business practices resulted in their sub-forum being closed by the forum owner. This thread exists because of their shameless behavior.

Stop defending them and pretending they have not burned up 50 “last chances”. It’s absurd and pathetic to those of us that have watched this saga for years and years. The history of their conduct is preserved in black and white in this forum and while they can fool idiots on Instagram and Facebook they can’t fool members here.

GAGL GAGL you are one in a long line of naive hopefuls..... just go back to page one of this thread and read it all (including the linked threads). You will see many innocent posters “trying to get the whole picture” and being “objective”, and then the light switch will go on and they achieve enlightenment.

Survive Knives reputation and business practices resulted in their sub-forum being closed by the forum owner. This thread exists because of their shameless behavior.

Stop defending them and pretending they have not burned up 50 “last chances”. It’s absurd and pathetic to those of us that have watched this saga for years and years. The history of their conduct is preserved in black and white in this forum and while they can fool idiots on Instagram and Facebook they can’t fool members here.

when did i defend them?
seems like you didn't read all my posts.not defending them at all,just giving them the benefit of the doubt since they told me they wil ship out my knife this week.

i've read all the S!K threads on BF,from start to finish

they did and still do but that doesn't answer my question.

from what i can see on IG they are actually producing more knives.maybe they are just rearranging them for each photo.

do you have any proof of somebody not getting their knife after completion of a model?

i'm not attacking you personally but you seem to be angry at them.maybe it's just a misinterpretation on my side because it's all in written form. i wouldn't call somebody bad names behind their back (i.e. a public forum) just because they (allegedly) scammed me.even if it was for a large amount of money.can't buy dignity.

again,not a personal attack,just trying to help and be objective until we get the whole picture.

edit:.if somebody burns you,don't let anger enter your heart,it doesn't help and just brings you down to their level.i know it sound cheesy but it's true

Just hearsay from several people, on several forums, and reddit. I'm not going to link to the people claiming they are still waiting (years later) for knives that have been previously produced, because I'm fairly positive mods have asked us not to link to drama on other forums/Reddit. If I am wrong, I'll be happy to post examples. It's pretty easy to find them with Google though.

I'm not angry at all, nor do I have any animosity towards you. Context can be hard to come by on forums. I struggle with it often actually. I'm just weary of seeing people make posts just like yours, and then get burned and come to the same conclusion that hundreds, if not thousands, have already come to. To be clear, I have no issue calling someone a piece of crap if their proven behavior has led me to believe they are a piece of crap. I would call the owner a piece of crap to his face, but he's banned from here... For being a piece of crap.

*edit because commas are hard.

Last edited:
Just hearsay from several people, on several forums, and reddit. I'm not going to link to the people claiming they are still waiting (years later) for knives that have been previously produced because I'm fairly positive mods have asked us not to link to drama on other forums/Reddit. If I am wrong, I'll be happy to post examples. It's pretty easy to find them with Google though.

I'm not angry at all, nor do I have any animosity towards you. Context can be hard to come by on forums. I struggle with it often actually. I'm just weary of seeing people post exactly like you are, before they get burned and come to the conclusion that hundreds, or thousands have already come to. To be clear, I have no issue calling someone a piece of crap, if their proven behavior has led me to believe they are a piece of crap. I would call the owner a piece of crap to his face, but he's banned from here... For being a piece of crap.
thanks for your reply!

do you mean people said that they paid for a knife and never got it,after S!K claimed they completed all the orders?

i just want to be sure i understand you correctly.sorry,my english is pretty poor.

could you send me a link to those threads,or maybe just type the search words you used,since i came up with nothing so far.

that would be more evidence to me than any thread full of assumptions.

example:

OP posted: "i ordered a knafe from S!K back in 2015,they claim they finished them and shipped all of them out.i never got a knafe from them.i think i got scammed"

edit: i actually believed they scammed me for the last 3.5 years (pun intended).and i'm still skeptical to this day that i will ever receive my 3.5.

edit edit: mods,please change my name to Naive Hopeful

Last edited:
thanks for your reply!

do you mean people said that they paid for a knife and never got it,after S!K claimed they completed all the orders?

i just want to be sure i understand you correctly.sorry,my english is pretty poor.

could you send me a link to those threads,or maybe just type the search words you used,since i came up with nothing so far.

that would be more evidence to me than any thread full of assumptions.

example:

OP posted: "i ordered a knafe from S!K back in 2015,they claim they finished them and shipped all of them out.i never got a knafe from them.i think i got scammed"

edit: i actually believed they scammed me for the last 3.5 years (pun intended).and i'm still skeptical to this day that i will ever receive my 3.5.

I've been able to find more than a couple examples of people still waiting for knives that had have multiple runs. I'm not sure if they are knives that Survive! has claimed were all completed and shipped because I no longer follow Survive! close enough to know which knives they have claimed have been completed and shipped.

Here's an easy one to find. Google "when the pre-order delivers four years later." It's a reddit thread. The tenth post down is a guy talking about his father who ordered an GSO 8 four or five years ago and is still waiting. The comment is seven months old.

I'm pretty sure Better Business Bureau links are fine here, so here is a link to their complaints from the past year.

And another easy search would be to search Google for "GSO4.7 purchase." There is a thread on an American (hint hint) Bushcraft forum with a two page thread with people still waiting for knives they paid for years ago.

Honestly though... With the years of FTC violations and the threads found here on BF, there's really no coming back from imo.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-forum-should-be-closed.1613828/

https://bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-forum-closed-what-changed.1602052/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/all-that-is-survive-knives-post-here-reopened.1129652/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-deserves-a-permanent-post-in-the-hall-of-shame.1613748/

they quoted an estimated shipping time. that 30 days rule,is that nationwide or does it differ from state to state?

like i said,i'm not familiar with the law.

about how long i would wait?

i was close to cancelling my order but then i saw people getting their knives and decided to wait just a bit longer.
i shoul get a shipping notice this week.i'll keep you updated.

randall guys wait about 5 to 6 years on average, from what i know.

i know they are not comparable in terms of production method,fit and finish etc. but it's "just a knife" nonetheless.

if i dont get a shipping notice this week i will be totally on your side,because of evidence
Randall Knives don't take payment in full. It does not vary from state to state, they are a scam and operate illegally. The fact that you continue to defend them, despite admitting that you're ignorant of the law, is pretty clear evidence that the scam is working.

Randall Knives don't take payment in full. It does not vary from state to state, they are a scam and operate illegally. The fact that you continue to defend them, despite admitting that you're ignorant of the law, is pretty clear evidence that the scam is working.
when did i defend them?

i clearly stated that i dont.

t
I've been able to find more than a couple examples of people still waiting for knives that had have multiple runs. I'm not sure if they are knives that Survive! has claimed were all completed and shipped because I no longer follow Survive! close enough to know which knives they have claimed have been completed and shipped.

Here's an easy one to find. Google "when the pre-order delivers four years later." It's a reddit thread. The tenth post down is a guy talking about his father who ordered an GSO 8 four or five years ago and is still waiting. The comment is seven months old.

I'm pretty sure Better Business Bureau links are fine here, so here is a link to their complaints from the past year.

And another easy search would be to search Google for "GSO4.7 purchase." There is a thread on an American (hint hint) Bushcraft forum with a two page thread with people still waiting for knives they paid for years ago.

Honestly though... With the years of FTC violations and the threads found here on BF, there's really no coming back from imo.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-forum-should-be-closed.1613828/

https://bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-forum-closed-what-changed.1602052/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/all-that-is-survive-knives-post-here-reopened.1129652/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-deserves-a-permanent-post-in-the-hall-of-shame.1613748/
thanks a lot,i will check those out later.

i appreciate it!

i get your point and frustration..i've been waiting for the damn knife for over 5 years when initially i thought it wouldn't take more than 6-9 months.

as for the restocking fee:
if you enter a contract that states there will be a restocking fee in case of cancellation of an order,it's up to you if you want to "invest" your money. IIRC, they tried to get a restocking fee from people that paid before the fee was introduced.

That was/is very shady and i do not support that.
just because they didn't have a finished product doesn't mean they didn't have expenses for materials,machines etc.

also,every time you spend money on something, it "means the loss of any other goods or services that money could have purchased instead, as well as any investment potential it had".

not trying to attack you personally but that is a very strange way of looking at things.

i will never buy from them again but i have yet to see somebody being scammed by them.

it seems like they are actually delivering products.just with a huge delay.

all the delays and promises to "change everything and not take preorders ever again" is what got people mad,myself included.

again,i'm not a SK fanboy and i'm not here to shill for them.just trying to be objective.

It isn't strange at all. Also, I should mention that your attempt at obfuscation and "just trying to be objective" won't work here. You're dealing with a roomful of people who know exactly who S?K are, and that they are thieves. The fact of the matter is that they have stolen money from people in order to finance their personal lives. Also, "YOU" have yet to see people being scammed by them, because you're not really a contributing, present member here. 128 posts in five years? Hell, when your account was created, they actually had a subforum here, full of apologists (like you, incidentally) who responded to critics in the same way: "Hey man, just trying to be objective here..."

No, you're actually coming across as a shill, and attempting to defend the indefensible. We've seen this act for years here. If you want to be ACTUALLY objective, you'd do some research yourself on how badly these people operate. Also, you mention not seeing people who were scammed? Here's an idea, go back through this thread, and search out the others ones. People have been waiting for knives for years, years and STILL don't have their knives. All while that scumbag thief Guy and his idiot mouthpiece Ellie keep announcing new models, and taking preorders, and "We're really turning things around, guys! We have new processes, and machines, and this other stuff, please pay us in full upfront, thanks! We're really turning over a new leaf, thanks for your support!" It's a scam, and if you don't see that, then there isn't much objectivity on your end. Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
i believe tve 7.7 model has been finished and shipped out to all customers.take any model that is finished...just as an example.

is there anybody out there that has ordered a knife from them and never got it after completion of that model?

i'm enuinly wondering,not trying to stir up this thread.

i looked and couldn't find anybody so far.
i'm sure people would go online and warn others about it.

You believe? Why do you believe that? Do you have proof? I'm just curious as to the source of your surety. I'm sure plenty of others would be glad to be sure of that too. Thanks! :)

P.S. Oh, and it shouldn't bear mentioning, but I'll do it anyway: Ellie's garbage newsletters don't count.

yes,that might be the case.i can't confirm as i'm not familiar with the laws and don't have a source.

my point was about claims of theft made by some forum members.

you can also choose to cancel the order by yourself if they fail to deliver in stated time frame.

i think they used words like "they SHOULD be finished within x months" instead of "they WILL .."

i think an estimated delivery time is not the same a promised delivery time,legally speaking.

just assuming.

did they mess up with restocking fees: yes!

did they lie about delivery shedules: maybe,i can't look into their heads.

did they steal fom people: i don't see evidence so far.

sorry about my english,i hope it's understandable enough to get my point across.

Shiiiillllll. The apology train is really moving along the rails now. Wow. :rolleyes:

GAGL GAGL Sorry to bother you, had another question, hopefully you can help because I don't know what to call it.

Ok, let's say that....let's say I'm a knifemaker, and I accept preorders for...let's say, a thousand (1,000) knives. Ok? 1,000 knives, I just like round numbers, so we'll keep it simple. So, I accept 1,000 preorders for my new super duper wonder knife. Let's call it the HDP 4.7. Pretty cool right? Dude, it's so sweet, best knife on the market. It is, because I and my newsletters and rabid fans lured in by scarcity say so. Anyway, I ask for, and get paid $225,000 for these knives (again, upfront) that don't technically exist yet. Sweet! Now, I'm not known for timeliness, ok? People know it's going to take awhile. See, I outsource about 90% of my product to other companies. Blade blanks, handle scales, sheathes, all that. I am a sharpening savant, you know, so I don't have time for any of that other nonsense. So, it's going to take awhile. BUT, I've got that $225,000 in my pocket.

Now, suddenly...SUDDENLY, my customers notice that I've posted up sales links for...let's call them HDP 4.7 "seconds". These are knives which somehow are flawed in some way* and I've decided to offer them for sale at a discounted rate, so let's say...$200.00. I have thirty or forty of them, and again, ask for payment up front. Sweet, an additional several grand! Just for putting up words on my website! Oddly, this new sale isn't long after the sale for this model dropped.

So, let me ask you: what would you call selling "seconds" (which again means a product that's damaged cosmetically in some way, but that is still technically sound) of a product...THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST YET?

Asking for a friend. :)

* Which is what being a "second" almost universally means in the knife world.

when did i defend them?

i clearly stated that i dont.
You've repeatedly defended them against people accurately describing them as thieves and you stepped into the thread by defending them and saying that you had received the knives you ordered. Simply saying you aren't defending them doesn't change the fact that you have been.

I'm not trying to attack you, but I am accurately describing your posts. You seem to be realizing what most here figured out years ago, that Survive is, at absolute best, woefully incompetent and willing to lie to cover it up or, more likely, are simply acting in bad faith and making as much money as possible despite their egregious disregard for their customers.

thanks again for posting all those links!

i looked into it and the mentioned GSO 8 is still at surface grinding.did they do a previous run of 8s?

also nobody at the bushcraft forums mentions that they didn't receive their knife after building and shipping was complete.

all i see is people waiting for their knives of models that are still in production.

my point is that they are having huge delays and they probably lied about lead times but in the end they deliver.doesn't seem like a ponzi to me so far.

i asked several times for proof and nobody could show me an example.

again,not defending them.

n
You've repeatedly defended them against people accurately describing them as thieves and you stepped into the thread by defending them and saying that you had received the knives you ordered. Simply saying you aren't defending them doesn't change the fact that you have been.

I'm not trying to attack you, but I am accurately describing your posts. You seem to be realizing what most here figured out years ago, that Survive is, at absolute best, woefully incompetent and willing to lie to cover it up or, more likely, are simply acting in bad faith and making as much money as possible despite their egregious disregard for their customers.
never said i received any knife from them.

can you quote me where i said that?

edit: you cant just claim i defended them without proof.simply saying i defended them doesn't change the fact that i din't.

n

never said i received any knife from them.

can you quote me where i said that?

edit: you cant just claim i defended them without proof.simply saying i defended them doesn't change the fact that i din't.

Your posts here with their tone of "All of you, and years of direct observation must be wrong because I received a knife I ordered, and their newsletters and some Instagram posts said everything is going great" is probably why you're seen as a shill. Just being objective here.

Back