• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

I will dive into some technicalities here on this "They can't be thieves if they make everyone whole". It is completely false to assume making everyone whole absolves one of any thievery and that no thievery was done. This mostly goes into financial fraud, which is technically a form of theft, if you take money use funds for a specific project on a different project or it sits ideal in an interest bearing account that is fraud. This can occur willfully or through neglect and it is still fraud either way and does not change the crime and would make them thieves even if it was thievery through ignorance.

They can't be thieves! All their inventory and tools and everything burnt up in a mysterious fire just before they were about to open a new state of the art highly classified knife factory and museum/car wash.

They can't be thieves! All their inventory and tools and everything burnt up in a mysterious fire just before they were about to open a new state of the art highly classified knife factory and museum/car wash.

"Hey guys, I know people are growing concerned at these lengthy delays, after the last four times we promised things were going to change. But!!! Not to worry, we're going to be moving our operations into a facility already owned by our good friend and partner Millit! Now you'll REALLY see changes as we really start churning out knives with the help of our good friends...."

[FIVE MEENUTS LAYTAIR]

"Whew, now that we've gotten rid of those bums at Millit, now we can get BACK! (clap) ON! (clap) TRACK! (clap) Check out all our new machinery, things are REALLY turning around now! Big changes coming soon!!"

LMAO

I don't see how this post can be categorized as anything but defending them. You're defending them against being called scammers as well as defending their restocking fee policy.

i also said that taking a restocking fee from people before they implemented the fee was very shady and i dont support that.i don't see how i defended them against calling them scammers.just that i don't see evidence for a scam,because in the end people actually receive a product.

i also said that i'm not happy with how everything went down and that i will never buy from them again.

thanks for your response. thats the kind of conversation i was hoping for because this is actually constructive.

still waiting for any examples tho :)

Man, I'm hungry. I hope my lunch just magically appears in front of me without any effort, action, or agency of my own. :)

LOL

i also said that taking a restocking fee from people before they implemented the fee was very shady and i dont support that.i don't see how i defended them against calling them scammers.just that i don't see evidence for a scam,because in the end people actually receive a product.

i also said that i'm not happy with how everything went down and that i will never buy from them again.

thanks for your response. thats the kind of conversation i was hoping for because this is actually constructive.

Quick question, what is your opinion of a restocking fee being charged for a product that isn't even made yet, and is still years out from delivery? A company asking for that, moral and upstanding? Or some shady shysters? Asking for a friend.

I will dive into some technicalities here on this "They can't be thieves if they make everyone whole". It is completely false to assume making everyone whole absolves one of any thievery and that no thievery was done. This mostly goes into financial fraud, which is technically a form of theft, if you take money use funds for a specific project on a different project or it sits ideal in an interest bearing account that is fraud. This can occur willfully or through neglect and it is still fraud either way and does not change the crime and would make them thieves even if it was thievery through ignorance.

i didn't see your post,sorry.

you got a good point there with the financial fraud aspect.

are they obligated to use the funds from the,let's say 3.5 pre-order,for the actual 3.5 build?

it's still a project and in the end it goes into their company,machines etc which eventually will end up in the completion of the 3.5 orders.

Calling it a restocking fee when applied to something that hasn't left the sellers inventory is misleading at best and potentially fraudulent. The name restocking implies the item must be placed back into the stock and the fee is to cover work involved in that as well as cover potential loss from unreported damage and need to sell an item as "Open Box" along with providing a discouragement to returns. When product isn't even in the sellers inventory yet to begin with then there is no restocking so a fee for restocking is going to come across poorly no matter what the fee really is and should be renamed if it isn't a restocking fee which is clearly isn't.

Quick question, what is your opinion of a restocking fee being charged for a product that isn't even made yet, and is still years out from delivery? A company asking for that, moral and upstanding? Or some shady shysters? Asking for a friend.
they have the right to put up any fees,as long as they're legal.
as you have the right to not buy from them.

nobody forces you to buy from them.

you're not gonna share any link with me?

Calling it a restocking fee when applied to something that hasn't left the sellers inventory is misleading at best and potentially fraudulent. The name restocking implies the item must be placed back into the stock and the fee is to cover work involved in that as well as cover potential loss from unreported damage and need to sell an item as "Open Box" along with providing a discouragement to returns. When product isn't even in the sellers inventory yet to begin with then there is no restocking so a fee for restocking is going to come across poorly no matter what the fee really is and should be renamed if it isn't a restocking fee which is clearly isn't.

If they called it what it really is, a fee that's charged in an attempt to discourage people from asking for their money back from those bozos, nobody would buy in the first place. Gotta keep that corporate speak on lock, don't you know?

Seriously guys, nobody is going to just slide a nice juicy bacon cheeseburger in front of me?

"i will never buy from them again but i have yet to see somebody being scammed by them."

I guess I don't see how this can be interpreted as anything but a defense against the observation that they're running a scam.

are they obligated to use the funds from the,let's say 3.5 pre-order,for the actual 3.5 build?
it's still a project and in the end it goes into their company,machines etc which eventually will end up in the completion of the 3.5 orders.
I am not as versed in the details I will give a broad view on it and my understanding of the legal obligations. You must use funds received for a specific project on that specific project using it on something else would be a violation and something actionable. If a project is complete the remaining funds are profit and are free to use or pocket as desired but until completion or all expenses are complete you can't use those funds freely. If you were to buy a piece of equipment for a project and use it on other projects would be fine assuming we are not referring to consumable resources which would fall into a grey area for my knowledge.

could it be that the RF was just bad semantics and it was actually for loss/order of materials?

yeah,the restocking fee desaster almost made me cancel my order but then i figured its just a 160$ and i couldn't be bothered to write back and forth,so i'll just wait and see what happens.

If they called it what it really is, a fee that's charged in an attempt to discourage people from asking for their money back from those bozos, nobody would buy in the first place. Gotta keep that corporate speak on lock, don't you know?
Order processing fee and they could charge and keep a specified amount all day long.

Order processing fee and they could charge and keep a specified amount all day long.

Given how many folks discovered how S?K does business, and were cancelling their orders right before the closure of their sub, I can only imagine how many credit card chargebacks there were, sidestepping that BS "fee" entirely. LOL

GAGL GAGL we all look forward to seeing pics of your fabulous SK knife!

You got nothing to worry about pal, sleep soundly knowing the crack team at SK is working extra hard to get you a “premium” knife.

I find it bizarre and interesting that approximately 25% of your entire posting history on this forum is in this thread.

"i will never buy from them again but i have yet to see somebody being scammed by them."

I guess I don't see how this can be interpreted as anything but a defense against the observation that they're running a scam.

they might be running a financial scam of sorts as PirateSeulb mentioned before.what i mean is that i have not heard of anybody not receiving their knife after completion/shipping of any finished model.

am i the crazy guy here? why cant anybody show me a post or anything of somebody that didn't receive their knife after full completion of any model?

this is how i see it:

me: goes into thread that i follow since beginning

"guys,i've asked them where knife is"

SK: "it's complete and will be in its way"

me: "ok,lets wait and see.doubt i can enjoy knife"

thread: "they're running a ponzi,most people will never see a knife ever"

me: " you sure? there must be evidence since some models were completed"

thread: points to threads of people waiting on models still in production"

me: "yes,i know,sucks big time,been there/still am.
would like to see actual evidence of fraud because i looked and couldn't find any "

crazy guy: has meltdown "SHILL.LIAR" how dare you question my authority with your low post count,do your own research i dont owe you anything"
never answers any question or provide any evidence.letting the people that get scammed hanging in there

they have the right to put up any fees,as long as they're legal.
as you have the right to not buy from them.

nobody forces you to buy from them.

you're not gonna share any link with me?

Hey Sport; this thread is the link. We can explain that to you but we can't understand it for you.

they might be running a financial scam of sorts as PirateSeulb mentioned before.what i mean is that i have not heard of anybody not receiving their knife after completion/shipping of any finished model.

am i the crazy guy here? why cant anybody show me a post or anything of somebody that didn't receive their knife after full completion of any model?

this is how i see it:

me: goes into thread that i follow since beginning

"guys,i've asked them where knife is"

SK: "it's complete and will be in its way"

me: "ok,lets wait and see.doubt i can enjoy knife"

thread: "they're running a ponzi,most people will never see a knife ever"

me: " you sure? there must be evidence since some models were completed"

thread: points to threads of people waiting on models still in production"

me: "yes,i know,sucks big time,been there/still am.
would like to see actual evidence of fraud because i looked and couldn't find any "

crazy guy: has meltdown "SHILL.LIAR" how dare you question my authority with your low post count,do your own research i dont owe you anything"
never answers any question or provide any evidence.letting the people that get scammed hanging in there
This is the 778th comment in a thread dedicated to their poor business practices. Fixall has linked to many others. You have been given search terms to Google and instructed to look at their Better Business Bureau profile. At some point you're either being willfully obtuse and ignoring the evidence being presented to you or you're incapable of using the internet at a fairly basic level.

Back