• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

I know neither will post, I just don’t want the supporters to think that Guy and Ellie’s voices are being suppressed by BF’, they are more than welcome to post at anytime.
I know right!?

The outrageous Irony here is off the chart. They absolutely censor their own social media and only allow shills. Disingenuous doesn't even begin to describe it!
We all know the history. They were using BF as free Ponzi pushing with an army of shills... they couldn't control the narrative here, so they had to turn to their own censored multilevel marketing social media.

If there is one thing we have learned....
It's a consistent trope of scammers at playing the victim and blaming everyone else.
It seems to be the only schtick they know.
I mean seriously, come up with some original material, the Gas has gone out of your gaslighting.

“There’s no such thing as bad press” … unless, of course, the news of the day indicates he’s suppressing bad press. That just means the bad stuff is probably true, and he’s a turd.

Their website says it all- the products are trying to drum up excitement by saying things like, “in production”, “preorder now”, and “in finishing”. He’ll even knock 20 bucks off the price if you hand him the money early!

There’s that classic adage, “Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick any two.”. With Survive knives it seems like you can only get “Good”, and honestly I’m straining to see what exactly is so exceptional about these compared to a myriad of other knives readily available out there at a similar price point. You know… knives that will be in your hand by the end of the week.

Just pondering for the sake of pondering at 3 am:
I see perfect score reviews (perfect, really?) that indicate these knives are flawless and have lots of attention to detail. If that’s true, I’m guessing these priced-to-compete knives probably don’t have the bang for the effort Guy was hoping for. Sounds like his model wasn’t sustainable, like maybe he was counting on things like materials at very limited cost thresholds. Then he got behind in orders which is the kiss of death, and now we’re all standing around watching the dumpster fire.
That's the part that perplexes me. They don't even appear to be particularly out of the mundane, ho hum category and yet the suckers continue to line up...

My Survive Knives order was delivered today as ordered. I placed the order in late March of this year. Took a little longer than I’d like but it certainly was not the years others have had to wait.
Considering I’ve waited longer for a Busse order in the past... my personal experience has not been a negative one. Knife looks and feels perfect too. No corners cut that I can readily tell upon inspection.

Like I said earlier... either way it went... I would report back.

My Survive Knives order was delivered today as ordered. I placed the order in late March of this year. Took a little longer than I’d like but it certainly was not the years others have had to wait.
Considering I’ve waited longer for a Busse order in the past... my personal experience has not been a negative one. Knife looks and feels perfect too. No corners cut that I can readily tell upon inspection.

Good to hear you got it. Was this the one you had to escalate with Paypal because they kept breaking their promise on delivery?

Good to hear you got it. Was this the one you had to escalate with Paypal because they kept breaking their promise on delivery?
Yes... delivery should have been 90 days from the end of March. So... end of June or first of July reasonably speaking. It was late. But what I would consider acceptably late in the knife world. I remember the repeated “just two more weeks” updates quite often when waiting for a Busse model to come out. Not slamming Busse or anything... only that production delays are something I’m familiar with when ordering higher end knives. A couple of months is acceptable for me anyway.

Yes... delivery should have been 90 days from the end of March. So... end of June or first of July reasonably speaking. It was late. But what I would consider acceptably late in the knife world. I remember the repeated “just two more weeks” updates quite often when waiting for a Busse model to come out. Not slamming Busse or anything... only that production delays are something I’m familiar with when ordering higher end knives. A couple of months is acceptable for me anyway.
The difference is, unless they've changed it since I bought one, Busse only requires a small deposit upon ordering and then charges your card the full amount when the knife is ready to ship. That's exceedingly different than taking full payment up front and then going three or four full months outside of the delivery window.

The difference is, unless they've changed it since I bought one, Busse only requires a small deposit upon ordering and then charges your card the full amount when the knife is ready to ship. That's exceedingly different than taking full payment up front and then going three or four full months outside of the delivery window.
True... only speaking about delivery time.

I was unable to open the jpg file you attempted to post. I'm still interested.
What a scumbag, yes a used rubber. That is a great old old fashioned hardware store that has an awesome gun shop. I've been there many times.

If it's still true, then the difference is between operating legally and operating illegally.
Dude, I get it. Just said I’d report back on my experience. Maybe using PayPal is the way to go. If you manage the time limit on purchase protection maybe it ensures a little hustle.

Anywho... my experience wasn’t as negative as others.

Anywho... my experience wasn’t as negative as others.
And that’s fair. Thanks for sharing an honest opinion, even though its not the popular one.

it does beg the question, if they become legit will they find forgiveness?

there’s too many knife companies out there for me to find temptation in S!K. Maybe I’m missing out on a nice knife, but in my mind I don’t personally want to benefit these guys over other brands.

In case you didn't follow Infi-del's "not as negative as others" purchase from SurviveKnives!- Finally delivered in just under 6 months, 4 weeks after they said "Your order will be shipping out in the next week." and only after he filed a complaint with PayPal. Forgivenesss- For What?
This was probably listed as "In Stock" when purchased in March. "In Stock" to Survive! probably meant a 90 delivery. Yet it's almost 6 months later and it still hasn't been delivered.
August 8th: Your order will be shipping out in the next week.
August 28th: Still waiting. 1 week to finish and 2 weeks to ship- Where's the tracking #?

And that’s fair. Thanks for sharing an honest opinion, even though its not the popular one.

it does beg the question, if they become legit will they find forgiveness?

there’s too many knife companies out there for me to find temptation in S!K. Maybe I’m missing out on a nice knife, but in my mind I don’t personally want to benefit these guys over other brands.
Personally for me it's the overall design. Never owned a knife that felt that good in the hand... and I've owned lots of knives in my 44 years on this planet. The handle shape is like a glove. I'm a fan of 3V, of PHT (especially their delta), I just like the design. I cannot speak to the guy that runs the joint. I know a lot of guys don't like Mick Strider either and think he's a dishonest dude. And I feel bad for anyone that has been taken advantage of by Survive and gotten ripped off. I can't speak to any of that. But the knives feel great, the blade shape is what I personally consider near perfect... until I find something I like better... they take the cake at the moment for me.

Not trying to advocate for them... just explaining why I'd still buy one given the drama surrounding them. To me they're nearly everything I want in a knife.

Im curious you note that no corners were cut on your Survive so on a Busse or any other custom order have you found corners cut and how often do you feel you see that?

Wow! They shaved about 4 years and 4 months off the standard delivery time by getting threatened with the loss of money, walking over and relabelling one of their "seconds" they were ready to send to somebody else and putting Infidel's address on it! It's like magic! Infidel got his knife by using this one simple trick! 🤣

Im curious you note that no corners were cut on your Survive so on a Busse or any other custom order have you found corners cut and how often do you feel you see that?
Not what I was implying. My statement was that my Survive order was filled in what I consider to be an acceptable time frame and no corners were cut on the order... meaning Survive didn’t do a crappy rush job on my order to fill it faster.

The only single comparison to Busse that I made was that I have also waited longer for a knife from them than originally anticipated. That’s all.

Not what I was implying. My statement was that my Survive order was filled in what I consider to be an acceptable time frame and no corners were cut on the order... meaning Survive didn’t do a crappy rush job on my order to fill it faster.

The only single comparison to Busse that I made was that I have also waited longer for a knife from them than originally anticipated. That’s all.
I hate to be a broken record, but they very much cut the corner of operating legally, something that you continually seem to leave out of your account.

I hate to be a broken record, but they very much cut the corner of operating legally, something that you continually seem to leave out of your account.
I’m not aware of anything they did illegally filling my order. So why would that be a part of my account? Being late isn’t a crime. That’s all that occurred with my experience.

Back