• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

IIRC, I saw that comment when our own Spysmasher was making comments on a Survive! related post on Millit's IG account. I do recall a snarky remark to SS, something to the effect of keeping things on a positive vibe on their IG and negativity not being welcome (Millit's IG as S!'s own IG has disabled subscribers' comments). Then as I scrolled down that link that comment which I claim they had made burnt a vivid copy in my memory. FFIW, I've never had any desire in any of Millit's products (too blingy for my tastes) but I do peruse once in a while just for the sake of keeping up with their conjugal charade!
Let's not pretend you weren't a hard core survive defender, okay?

Let's not pretend you weren't a hard core survive defender, okay?

No such pretention. My posts are all there for all to see and I have made over 1000 past Survive! related posts. You don't seem to get past them and frankly speaking, your apparent grudge is purely on you. I have made outreaches not for absolution but to admit that I was wrong because when you reach my ripe ol' age, you can admit when and when you were wrong, accept it and warn others how one was duped by their wolf-in-sheep clothing mantra. So no, there is no attempt to wash over or erase past history.

Blade Forums is a large enough place for both of us to never interact and to stick to our own lanes. Beyond this, I don't see any reason as to why we should even bother with one another. Can you do that?

Blade Forums is a large enough place for both of us to never interact and to stick to our own lanes. Beyond this, I don't see any reason as to why we should even bother with one another. Can you do that?
I can. Look what thread you are posting in.

I have no dog in this fight but i cant believe that survive knives is still trying to rip people off by selling knives on there website i feel sorry for the knife nuts that got ripped or will get ripped by these low lives i hope they get whats coming to them.

I came here to write that I had a GSO-4.7 that I really liked but it sustained edge damage just from gutting and skinning a deer. The edge rolled in multiple places and when I sent the knife into Survive they said they didn't want to send it back and would send me a GSO-6 in a few months as a replacement (they didn't have any GSO-4.7 in stock). They actually reground and stress tested the knife and made it sound like they destroyed it so there was no hope of returning it anyway. It also rusted in several spots when used only once. I suspect the heat treat was way off but who knows...

That was over a year ago and still just crickets. I think about it every few months and check to make sure Survive is still in business. I am OK with waiting I suppose but I would hate to have them go Belly up and have lost a knife to them when it was once already in my possession.

Poor heat treat, along with unreasonable customer service wait times, may cause some enthusiastic collectors to stop drinking the Survive! Kool aid.

I didn't see that, but hearing that immediately puts Millit on my "Scumbags Not to Deal With" list. If they are fine taking orders for materials and/or delivered work from scumbags who have defrauded a majority of their customer base for years, to the point where they invited this scumbag company to cohabitate in a single shop with them, that's entirely a decision that the Millit guys made. Therefore, to me, that says that they find S?K's method of operations acceptable. Change my mind*.

*Not directed at you specifically.
I was the ATL bladeshow last year and the Millet section was empty. I talked to someone that knows about Delta 3V and they said S. got in over their heads trying to go big league. I knew that they are a sham from that day.

The biggest problem I see with this is ... how do you know a knife is a 2nd or a blem. until the knife is produced?

I understand selling off an odd blade with an issue at a bargin cost ... but if you have yet to produce the knife how do you sell an unknown quanity of blemished knives and say after we have your orders the knives will be made?

You can say we have 17 knives up for sale today that have minor defects ... or at the end of each month offer a sale of whatever knives were not up to par that month ... but how do you take preorders for blemished products that aren't produced yet? ... Intentionally scratch a blade? Mismatch scales on purpose? ... makes no sense to me.

Anyone else see any issue with this simple question?
I was told that the 7/7 would be done by Dec 2016 then they had 2nds sales every month for the year of 2017 and then all of the sudden your back to we are working on the knives and put our best into it. 4 years later now they are not done with the 7/7. Many of the people said they saw no issues with their 2nds and some say they sold the 1st as seconds then started over on the 7/7 because of no delivery date. They showed pictures of all the 7/7 in 2016 saying all the checks were done too. They just continue to find ways to rip people off.

Has anyone ever actually contacted them and asked them straight up what the deal is? "Heeeey, this is Random Joe Citizen, listen I see you guys are doing some awesome work with Survive?!, and I was wondering, since they are right there in your shop, could you ask that scumbag Guy where the knife I ordered THREE YEARS AGO is, that I was promised I'd be getting within 90 days? I mean, he's got all this time to allegedly work up a design for a folder*, I just figured maybe that means he finished putting an edge on the knife that, let's face it, you guys probably actually made, and he just forgot to send it to me way back when. Could you do that, buddy? Could you talk to Guy or maybe his stooge and henchlady Ellie and FIND MY KNIFE? Thanks. Thanks, buddy."

Scumbags, all of 'em.

*Standard-ass framelock, so innovative :rolleyes:
I have and they said they would give me my money back after waiting 3 years and I did because 4 years now from the order they still are years away from making it. Hell remember all the comments about the new SK line that was going to ship in 8 months then they went to after they are done with the GSO orders. Each and every person who has a order needs to call the ID AG office and the FTC and BBB. Theses guys are making 6 figures on the interest alone from the orders they took in. After all these years even if they refunded 100% they would still have enough to live on each year.

The 3V and the D3V which S! also uses is actually the propriety development of another maker on here (as to what, why and how these folks were ever mingled with S! is not going to be a subject of discussion based on speculations)

I have asked about this in the CPK 'ask nathan a question' thread.

Never even acknowledged that I asked anything. Immediately answers questions about dogs, music, and cars tho.

Never even acknowledged that I asked anything. Immediately answers questions about dogs, music, and cars tho.
I'd say he didn't want to be caught up in the drama of another company, it's hard enough to run your own. But Nathan and CPK are some of the most decent business people I've ever dealt with. 3 companies that I know of use the delta 3v probably a way of splitting the cost on perfecting the heat treat .

No I didn't acknowledge it. And if I were to walk into a room where you'd just farted I wouldn't acknowledge that either I'd ignore it and leave, to do otherwise would be rude.

Is Delta HT protocol proprietary to your shop? I see "a lesser company" using that designation, too. Can I really just send Peter's a bunch of psf27 and say "McDelta that, please!"?

^ the question in question...

Is the Delta protocol proprietary to our shop. No. This is common knowledge. Dan , Guy and I worked on it. When someone asks a question they could answer for themselves with very little effort I don't always make the effort to answer it. I'm not Google. Can you just send Peter's a bunch of psf27 and say McDelta that please? On multiple levels that question doesn't even make sense.

I'm sorry if you came into my forum and to ask poorly researched and poorly conceptualized questions and didn't get the response you felt entitled to.

I don't owe you anything. Leave me alone and don't drag me into this clusterfuck, I have nothing to do with this.

So whats the status on Survive! and a permanent Hall of shame? FYI, they are once again stretching out their Ponzi Scam with four different new "preorders". And now, they are using Bladeforum's name in their recent "Preorder"-Prepurchase ponzi scam sales pitches...
https://tinyurl.com/y5vz7k7p
"The SURVIVE! GSO-8 came into existence because of Bladeforums member demand and design input"

Whatever happened to "we won't take new preorders until completing our backlog". They still have knives 4 years and growing prepaid backlog. This whole ponzi scam term "preorder" is as laughably stupid as the Mafia calling extortion money an "Insurance policy". You don't freaking "preorder", you prepay... for something that doesn't even exist. For what? For a ledger slot that goes on an always growing ponzi backlog list now four years and growing. Outrageous.
If this doesn't deserve a permanent hall of shame, I don't know what the hell does.

Last edited:
Survive’s use of “BladeForums” in their ad may be a shot this community. Just speculating...

Um WTF. I 100% do not give them permission to use BladeForums.com to promote their products in any way, shape or form. I don't think this is covered under Fair Use either....

Um WTF. I 100% do not give them permission to use BladeForums.com to promote their products in any way, shape or form. I don't think this is covered under Fair Use either....

Looks like they cleverly (cunningly?) used "Bladeforums member demands" not Bladeforums itself. Really not liking these people

Back