1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Survive! GSO 4 Limited Edition Regrind

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Fancier, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Joecleo86

Joecleo86 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Im probably destroying the spelling of it haha the company is terava they also make the skrama. Hope that helps. The one im getting made for my edc is from rick lowe.

What aftermarket sheaths do you have for your edc and how do u like it. Im really liking the knife but not the sheath that came with it. The kydex comes up too far on the handle for me. It feels akward to pull out and resheath

2. Wood5045

Wood5045 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2016
  3. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Thank you! I'm familiar with the skrama, I'm sure I can find it now :thumbsup:

4. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Whew, you've got some nice blades there man. That SOS called out to me pretty hard. Nice job scoring one.

5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    This kind of made me chuckle. You say you have no experience, yet jumped into (in my experience and opinion) the very pinnacle of knife brands :D
    If you get into more semi-customs and full customs I'm sure there's room to go up, but the brands you mentioned are all top notch.

Also, Azwelke is awesome. I hope to own some of his work some day.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  6. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    A quick fix can be a little fob type lanyard. Just enough to get a grip on. I don't have a pic of what I'm talking about handy but they're used on folders as well. Just a thought.

7. Wood5045

Feb 22, 2016
    Thank you Sir. Gonna give the SOS to my son for his birthday next month :thumbsup:

Hard Knocks likes this.
  8. Wood5045

Feb 22, 2016
    "

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Silver Needle likes this.
  9. Wood5045

Feb 22, 2016
    When I first saw a leather over kydex sheath, I wondered why use both materials, but you guys bring up good points. I just looked at Rick Lowe's web page and his leather over kydex sheaths look great. It looks like this may be the answer.

Thanks gents

10. Joecleo86

Jun 1, 2017
    I just got my shipment notification from rick lowe. i"ll post up some pics of the sheath when it gets here and let ya know what i think.

Silver Needle and Hard Knocks like this.
  11. Wood5045

Feb 22, 2016
    Thanks, looking forward to seeing it!

12. Joecleo86

Jun 1, 2017
    Got my sheath on Monday heres a few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far i like it, its comfortable to carry and much easier to sheath and unsheath the knife now that i can get a fuller grip on it. The build quality is good, the only issues i have is the end of the leather isnt tight to the kydex. I figured this might be an issues going in but ill see if i can try and glue it down or something. Besides that there's a slight rubbing on the blade thats leaving some marks. If i remember correctly the blade profile of the 4v edc may be slightly different than the other edc's so this might not be the makers fault. Overall im happy with the sheath and will continue to use it. Hope this helped

XtianAus likes this.
  13. Wood5045

Feb 22, 2016
    Great info, thanks for the write up. :thumbsup:

14. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    Love that sheath. Just ordered one in black. That sheath in a cross draw style should keep the edc on my belt.

15. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I was just looking at Guy's video of the GSO 4 LTD and it is a pretty one.
    I noticed that the sharpening choil is mighty deep, and it seems like too much just to facilitate sharpening and too small for anything else.

16. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Gold Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Yup, was speculating about that myself - it looks like an artifact of manufacturing - grinding down the primary may have resulted in thinning of the metal at the original choil to the point that he simply ground it deeper? *shrug*

17. CO hunter

CO hunter

Jan 21, 2015
    I just got my sheath from Sagewood (wow - amazing quality!!) now I just need my 4-limited...:)

[​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Silver Needle likes this.
  18. argyle1812

argyle1812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Is that the sheath the 4 came with?

19. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Gold Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Edit:
    Not the sheath pictured with the LE sale,
    It was available with the previous version of the 4.1 which is what the 4LE are made from, in a manner of speaking... Er, typing.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  20. Joecleo86

Jun 1, 2017
    I thought that the 4le had a different sheath it was supposed to come with? Iirc the one they pictured with the original order were different. I have that exact sheath for my old spec 4.1