• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcinek...it's a nat'l holiday, and we are trying to unwind a bit...can go back to the rigorous rules tomorrow.
:)

Excellent suggestions that will never reach fruition.
I kinda felt bad for everyone involved, even the owners of the company.
Until they took $100,000 and put a down payment on a building. While they were right in the middle of this entire clusterf*ck.
Instead of doing that with available cash, hire some friggin help maybe?? Or, do what a decent business owner would do, put some of it back into the business maybe????
Most laugh at what a complete tool G Medford is. Meanwhile, he puts tons of cash right where it belongs......back into the business. It's the only way to make a business prosper.
I have no sympathy for the idiots running that place. I do hope all that are waiting get made whole.
I have no dinosaur in this orgy, thanks Stabby, but it's hard to stay silent on the sidelines when you see recent orders being made by new people that don't know what they're in for.
Ugh, what an absolute MESS.
Joe

Forgive me, I've lost track but did an independent source claim that the thieves and liars... err uh I mean the owners of Survive? knives put up a hundred grand for that building they claim to have bought or was it the actual thieves and liars...er uh I mean the owners that stated that?

I've read so many things that aren't even remotely related to the truth about the company from its alleged owners that I get confused about what they're lying about on any given day...

... a private investor not made right and decided to extent the loan...

GB: I have made a conscious effort to stay away from the whole S! sh*tshow but I felt compelled to make a correction regarding this excerpt from your post:

If you are referring to the private investor who is also a BFC member who volunteered the information, he had stated that he had made a loan to S! in Dec 2016 and that his loan is a secured loan. The correction which I would like to make is that S! is not currently in a default status with that investor and further, the investor had indicated that based on the information available to him, he had felt comfortable to not only NOT accelerate that loan, but in most likelihood he would also extend the term.

Again I just decided to chime in to state the facts as it was stated by that investor who very seldom posts on the BFC. The rest of it in a nutshell, Survive! has lost my business on a personal level as I will never go back, but I wish the friends I made on there who decided to stay with them the best of fortunes in getting made good and whole on all their GSO pre-orders.

GB: I have made a conscious effort to stay away from the whole S! sh*tshow but I felt compelled to make a correction regarding this excerpt from your post:

If you are referring to the private investor who is also a BFC member who volunteered the information, he had stated that he had made a loan to S! in Dec 2016 and that his loan is a secured loan. The correction which I would like to make is that S! is not currently in a default status with that investor and further, the investor had indicated that based on the information available to him, he had felt comfortable to not only NOT accelerate that loan, but in most likelihood he would also extend the term.

Again I just decided to chime in to state the facts as it was stated by that investor who very seldom posts on the BFC. The rest of it in a nutshell, Survive! has lost my business on a personal level as I will never go back, but I wish the friends I made on there who decided to stay with them the best of fortunes in getting made good and whole on all their GSO pre-orders.
Call it whatever you want. They couldn't pay it back on time. This should come to no shock.

Again, the objective was to stick to the facts regarding what I read above that to me meant that the private note was ostensibly in default. Below is a link to Lance's last post on the Poor Customer Service thread. If the presumed investor says it was not in default but he extended it for whatever the reason, I will take his words till he states otherwise. Everything else regarding that subject and that subject alone, is just conjecture.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/poor-customer-service.1517607/page-13#post-17463151

Correct. The loan amount was nothing too earth-shattering, but I'm not going to get into the details. The original note did not default and was extended prior to the original maturity. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Again, the objective was to stick to the facts regarding what I read above that to me meant that the private note was ostensibly in default. Below is a link to Lance's last post on the Poor Customer Service thread. If the presumed investor says it was not in default but he extended it for whatever the reason, I will take his words till he states otherwise. Everything else regarding that subject and that subject alone, is just conjecture.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/poor-customer-service.1517607/page-13#post-17463151
The only reason it wasn't in default is because it was extended. That is what he said.

Speaking of only presenting facts with survive is ridiculous. They are proven liars over and over. If they ran their business honestly these threads wouldn't exist.

The only reason it wasn't in default is because it was extended. That is what he said.

Speaking of only presenting facts with survive is ridiculous. They are proven liars over and over. If they ran their business honestly these threads wouldn't exist.

I am not refuting the second part and as a matter of fact, I was even more turned off since I got a hint that Millit Knives was doing the hollow grind on their S!K line (and perhaps on future GSOs? Yikes!). I don't mind hollow grind with folders, but for fixed blade survival knives?! I guess OK, if they are the 3.5 or the 2.7 pattern, but longer blades; no thanks!

Onto the first part, I think that you are wrong because the loan did not reach maturity. Lance's language was vague in his postings but through private conversations he told me the term and the start month of that note. Again, my point being that from what I was told the note did not go into default and Lance said that he extended the term of the note before the initial maturity date. Who knows, perhaps he secured more collateral. Shrug!

Aside from that, fooque it!

I am not refuting the second part and as a matter of fact, I was even more turned off since I got a hint that Millit Knives was doing the hollow grind on their S!K line (and perhaps on future GSOs? Yikes!). I don't mind hollow grind with folders, but for fixed blade survival knives?! I guess OK, if they are the 3.5 or the 2.7 pattern, but longer blades; no thanks!

Onto the first part, I think that you are wrong because the loan did not reach maturity. Lance's language was vague in his postings but through private conversations he told me the term and the start month of that note. Again, my point being that from what I was told the note did not go into default and Lance said that he extended the term of the note before the initial maturity date. Who knows, perhaps he secured more collateral. Shrug!

Aside from that, fooque it!
Why extend it if it wasn't going to be in default? The lender extended it to get a better deal? Doubtful. But with the poor choices survive has made throughout their whole existence it wouldn't surprise me. This lance guy is screwed.

Good point Ed.
The ONLY reason to extend the due date is the money is not there to make payment.
Why else would Lance extend??

Good point Ed.
The ONLY reason to extend the due date is the money is not there to make payment.
Why else would Lance extend??
He got nervous and wanted to change the terms? The extension was something he was willing to give up in exchange for getting what he wanted. Again, super unlikely and again, if survive had the money to pay it back why would they accept a change. Just ay it back. The simplest explanation makes the most sense. That said, nothing about giving a dime to survive for any reason makes sense to me.

All speculation of course. Seems everything about this company is just that, even they are guessing about themselves. Perhaps a name change is in order. Speculation!

Speculation only.... I suspect the lender is secured against Survive's assets in the event of a collapse, that is my understanding, during bankruptcy proceedings there are secured and unsecured debts, secured gets first chop at the pie (from sale of stock, plant and any other assets) and unsecured get the crumbs. Any pre-paid customers are most certainly unsecured. Depending on any other secured creditors existence I suspect the lender in this case would recoup his loan (without interest) quite easily, but that will leave less for anyone else.

Possibly sooner than their promised, or actual, delivery times? In which case they will be around for quite a while yet.
Apparently they've stopped taking orders in order to catch up on all the backlog. Hopefully they get the ship righted before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back