• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive GSO knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if all this has been going on and it looks bad, why are they allowed to have their open forum and everything there looks nice and happy, why has it not been shut down?
Because that sub-forum is moderated by Survive and it's cult minions. It's the same few people drooling and praising them and crying foul on anyone who's critical of Survive because of there business practice. Sagemode's post #155 up there pretty much sums it up.

I feel for those that have been waiting years. I couldn't stick that out. I was lied to directly twice by the company. Took forever to get my refund returned. Then they took a restocking fee out of it. Knowing they couldn't meet the shipping date. You can get a full custom knife in the amount of time most have been waiting.

Secondly, I had my calls screened. I called several times about my order. It wasn't until that final time I called and left a voicemail that they answered. I let them know I was gonna file a charge back with my bank. Immediately when I said the word charge back Ellie picked up the phone. I don't believe in coincidences . They were most likely listening to the whole thing, just not answering the phone. I could hear chatter in the near background as well. Sounded like two others were in the room. Take from this what you will. Unnexceptable in my own opinion.

How can Survive! Knives charge a "restocking fee" for an item that has not been shipped? What is being "restocked"? The virtual item that does not actually exist ready to ship? Customers paying in full up front... and then this "restocking fee Bullsh!t. WTF.

It didn't make any sense to me either. But with as hard of a time I had just getting the refund, I just didn't want to deal with it anymore with them. So I just had to eat the loss. I guess it's another way for them to make sure they are making some money off the orders. Even if the get refunded. Just my own opinion.

How can Survive! Knives charge a "restocking fee" for an item that has not been shipped? What is being "restocked"? The virtual item that does not actually exist ready to ship? Customers paying in full up front... Survive! Knives unable to meet their stated ship dates.....and then this "restocking fee Bullsh!t. WTF.
Not only has it never been shipped it doesn't even exist!

yeah, seems like a double standard. I have been waiting a year for my knife and I know others have waited longer. My knife was quite expensive compared to others before it. Not sure I like that fact that they have held that much of my money for a year. I think I am going to ask for a refund from them

Actually my order was 2/2016, so it has been 20 months. Unacceptable!!!!

Sounds like a good question for the Service and Support forum. It's a question for Spark as the Supers decide individuals based on the rules set forth, but not necessarily the hosted forums or their owners.
Don't confuse the two. ShepardCC was an individual that the mods can make the decision on. A whole individual forum is different.

Since they haven't come up with a solid business plan in all this time, one might assume that they are going to continue to be cunning, manipulative, and dishonest. The restocking fee, is really a bit too overboard, and it seems like a form of petty thievery.
Being notorious and scandalous is not a great way to build a loyal customer base, but it does put them at the center of a lot of attention in our knife community forums. Now that everyone is watching, this would be a good time for them to turn it around, and do something great.

I sent an email this morning, and no response. if I do not hear back by tonight, then I will post on their forum a copy of my email

Since they haven't come up with a solid business plan in all this time, one might assume that they are going to continue to be cunning, manipulative, and dishonest. The restocking fee, is really a bit too overboard, and it seems like a form of petty thievery.
Being notorious and scandalous is not a great way to build a loyal customer base, but it does put them at the center of a lot of attention in our knife community forums. Now that everyone is watching, this would be a good time for them to turn it around, and do something great.
Now that everyone is watching, it would also be the perfect time for everyone with outstanding orders to cancel them and demand refunds, and help speed up this train wreck. I would argue that the failure of survive? would be the best thing for the knife industry as a whole, and for any unsuspecting future customers. The cancer that is known as survive? should be removed before it is allowed to cause any further damage.
They are causing the erosion of trust in other makers, causing people to not only lose money via their fake restocking fees, but also causing a loss of time and possibly money when those customers that do want a refund have to devote time begging and pleading instead of focusing on more important matters.
I hope they fail.

I hope they fail.

For many years I worked for a family that ran their business like this. When I first started reading about this fiasco I thought maybe they got into knife making. The customer is always wrong was a matter of policy. To give an example, the boss flipped out for a half hour because someone wanted to order a sub without onions and she would not allow that. There was no shortage of excuses for their failing businesses (plural) and their ineptness was never among them. It's a terrible way to run a business. The (Survive!s)failure will be a slow unspectacular one unless they fix the problem, and the problem seems to be the management.

At least there's options for similar products with more realistic business models out there, like Carothers Performance Knives. I can't imagine his biz is suffering from this fiasco.

well, good news, I asked for my money back and they processed it today.
I put in a request 2 days ago and haven't heard back yet. A little concerned that data seems to have disappeared on their posts. The attacks of this site is evident because the in crowd hate legitimate concerns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back