Survive Knives Fan Group on Facebook

This Facebook page is the real deal. Our little subforum here and the FB fan page seem to make 2 halves of the inner circle. Guy is also pretty active on instagram. I've seen things on instagram that I haven't seen anywhere else. That is even more true here and on the FB page. These 2 spots get a lot more info than even the official S! FB page.

Get on it!

This Facebook page is the real deal. Our little subforum here and the FB fan page seem to make 2 halves of the inner circle. Guy is also pretty active on instagram. I've seen things on instagram that I haven't seen anywhere else. That is even more true here and on the FB page. These 2 spots get a lot more info than even the official S! FB page.

Get on it!

especially true this evening....anyone who is a survive fan should check it out tonight!! I'm sure someone will post it around here soon enough...

especially true this evening....anyone who is a survive fan should check it out tonight!! I'm sure someone will post it around here soon enough...

You knew =)

That announcement inspired me to post in this thread.

I had held off on getting involved on Facebook because I pretty much only use it for family stuff and I didn't realize how much was going on, on that page. Guy is way more involved over there. I almost wondered if at some staff meeting it was decided that Guy would handle instagram and FB and Ellie was assigned to deal with us hooligans here.

I'll spread the new info from FB to over if nobody beats me to it.

You knew =)

I had held off on getting involved on Facebook because I pretty much only use it for family stuff and I didn't realize how much was going on, on that page. Guy is way more involved over there. I almost wondered if at some staff meeting it was decided that Guy would handle instagram and FB and Ellie was assigned to deal with us hooligans here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1311739-SURVIVE!-Bushcraft-Knife-(GSO-4-5-)

You knew =)

Hahah! There was no official decision made, it just worked out that way. I take care of the official SURVIVE! Facebook page, but joining the insiders' group would require using my personal facebook. I use that to keep in touch with my family and friends all over the world, not to answer "where is my order?" emails. SURVIVE! takes up such a huge portion of my life, I need some separation so I can send my brother ridiculous pictures of baby animals in peace. I also have my own personal instagram so we use Guy's phone for any of those posts, though it is often a joint effort.

I like BF. This is my version of reading the paper with my morning tea/coffee. I'm also the one answering the emails, which can be very draining on certain days. This place is a welcome relief for me because you guys understand the process, the waits, the need for an occasional day off, etc. You folks also keep my game up, I have learned a lot from being on here regularly. Guy's personality isn't really suited to BFs. He would end up spending the entire week in an in-depth conversation about choils. Then spend the next week drawing out 30 new designs. No one would ever get their orders. I guess I am his BF ambassador, so-to-speak. I keep him updated on everything going on here and ask him for more details when I lack full understanding of a topic.

Hahah! There was no official decision made, it just worked out that way. I take care of the official SURVIVE! Facebook page, but joining the insiders' group would require using my personal facebook. I use that to keep in touch with my family and friends all over the world, not to answer "where is my order?" emails. SURVIVE! takes up such a huge portion of my life, I need some separation so I can send my brother ridiculous pictures of baby animals in peace. I also have my own personal instagram so we use Guy's phone for any of those posts, though it is often a joint effort.

I like BF. This is my version of reading the paper with my morning tea/coffee. I'm also the one answering the emails, which can be very draining on certain days. This place is a welcome relief for me because you guys understand the process, the waits, the need for an occasional day off, etc. You folks also keep my game up, I have learned a lot from being on here regularly. Guy's personality isn't really suited to BFs. He would end up spending the entire week in an in-depth conversation about choils. Then spend the next week drawing out 30 new designs. No one would ever get their orders. I guess I am his BF ambassador, so-to-speak. I keep him updated on everything going on here and ask him for more details when I lack full understanding of a topic.

Haha, I love it. Thanks for the explanation =)
You 2 are a great team. I'm VERY happy this is a positive place for you to stop in.

If I see something on FB or instagram or the official site before it makes it over here, is me sharing it helpful or annoying?

EDIT for typos, which will be kept alive for all to see in Ellie's quote.

Last edited:
Haha, I love it. Thanks for explanation =)
You 2 are a great team. I'm VERY happy this is a positive place you to stop in.

If I see something on FB or instagram or the official site before it makes it over here, is me sharing it helpful or annoying?

Definitely not annoying. We are only two people so sometimes we forget to update on or the other. Share away.

bump to look at recent joint requests

Not a bad idea. Although they let me in without posting here. It seems like the majority of the FB members did not come from here. With the way that the group name is worded I don't think a lot of riff-raff will wander in by accident, so requests are taken seriously. At least that was my experience.

Not a bad idea. Although they let me in without posting here. It seems like the majority of the FB members did not come from here. With the way that the group name is worded I don't think a lot of riff-raff will wander in by accident, so requests are taken seriously. At least that was my experience.

The requests aren't taken that seriously! They let me join! It worked out well because I probably wouldn't be here on Bladeforums if not for that Facebook page.

I don't check here often enough but I think I've approved everyone. Please send me a PM on Facebook if I have not. My FB name is
Troy EDC Snelling

Back