1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Survive! Knives Forum Closed - What Changed?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by ncrockclimb, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlmcasual

mlmcasual

Jun 10, 2013
    Yes, they are still honoring refunds.

2. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ +1
    I've wondered this exact same thought these past 3 or 4 months. Hopefully, he's just taking a long well deserved break and focusing on his job and family. :)

I can remember back, when you were one of the first to publically call S!K out, and the huge backlash that followed. At least you can take solace in knowing, that you, were right all along....& all of the loud, indignant fanboy's, are left with nothing but egg, all over their clueless, obnoxious faces.

For the record: I too wanted (and still do) S!K to succeed.

^ This is one of the key points that I had intended to mention in my other post. People here can criticize S!K all they want, but you have to respect the fact that S!K has at least issued refunds to everyone who's requested one so far. :thumbsup:

BBuser likes this.
  3. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2012
    The condemnation they drew was completely self inflicted. Ellie's final excuses were the same ones she's been using for years.

Shame on Guy, for throwing his wife to fend for herself. I have no ill will towards Ellie, if anything I'd say she was loyal to a fault to Guy.

They can mislead people on some other platform though. We don't need that crap here.

palonej, 19-3ben, evltcat and 5 others like this.
  4. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm curious as to when we'll be seeing the first "I was told they can't honor my refund request" post. They haven't sold any knives in 9 months? I can't help but think that they are supporting themselves on whatever money they have left. It's telling how they've locked down their IG (because the constant comments of "Where's my stuff" were starting to drown out their attempted advertising) and their Facebook hasn't had any new posts from them in months. I think we're looking at a company headed towards bankruptcy, or at the least, dissolution. As someone else said, the time to get your refund is NOW. I do not have any confidence that there'll be any money left for refunds in the next few-to-several months timeframe.

5. Skystorm

Skystorm

Oct 17, 2011
    They are busy burning through the pile of insurance money from the mysterious hotel in nowhere fire. When that runs out your likely to see a final run or two of 'new models' which will basically exhaust all of their avenues for funding as their biz model reaches it's inevitable end followed by an implosion while they attempt to ride off into the sunset.
    If you have money 'invested' in Survive and would like to see it again, now would be a great time to think about getting it back while they still have the cash to do so. Remember, they had to borrow money from a private investor to cover refunds once already. Paypal froze their account so don't be last in line to request a refund.

6. JohnWE

JohnWE

Dec 7, 2013
    Had anyone here ever met the people from Survive? Knives in person?

7. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    FROM KNIFENEWS, where all the children are above aveage.

"Founded on a Dare, Customers Must Adapt to SURVIVE! Knives
    April 13, 2016"

. . . or not. :rolleyes:

8. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    As long as there are gullible people out there with extra cash, there will be those willing and clever enough to use that cash to finance a business starter campaign.
    It a symbiotic relationship, and you can’t have one without the other.

9. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    More parasitic, yes?

stonesell likes this.
  10. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Hey bud!

On that note, where has the Rev been these days? Has he retired?

EDIT - Someone has already asked ;)

11. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Glad that this seems to have concluded, at least around these parts.. In some ways, I do feel bad for them. It seems as if they had/have good intentions and are at least trying to to the right thing, entirely too late, of course. That's about the only good thing I can say about this situation. I can appreciate to some degree that they are at least honoring 100% refunds for all orders prior to 2017 and for all orders that haven't met their deadline. That's something, I guess....

I remember back when I joined the forums, Survive! was all of the rage. You literally couldn't buy one and if one did come up for sale, it was marked up heavily and sold in a matter of minutes. Given all of their hype/demand, you'd think that they'd be well aware of their non-existent business acumen and would have hired someone even remotely capable of running a business. Self reflection is a rare trait, it seems.

I am terribly curious of the intimate details of this situation. How can you have all of the makings for a successful business and then totally implode before you even so much as start? It's incredible. It's almost as incredible as them still having ANY pre-orders YEARS after missing their initial deadlines. You can bet that if I had any money tied up in this mess, I'd of retrieved it the very first chance I got. When you see smoke, there's a good chance there's fire....

One thing I have not seen addressed, that I believe is very relevant, is how this will affect the people who do in fact have money tied up in this fiasco. I have to believe that in some way Bladeforums was a tether between them and the knife community. A means of keeping them accountable and a way to regulate their ever allusive goal posts. With that tether having been severed, I hope they don't disappear all together, with a lot of money that isn't theirs. This is not to say that they couldn't have done that regardless, but it's a much larger feat with a forum of thousands monitoring your movements.

Hopefully they continue to fill back orders until they are all complete.

Benson X likes this.
  12. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Candidly speaking, the factual history suggests that being part of Bladeforums really only accomplished the exact opposite. With MC Ellie on the mic spinning BS lies and excuses and all the gargling watercarriers they had defending those bad practices for years, for years, they were able to conduct their bad business, lying to people, and taking their money in relative safety. Anyone who so much as asked simple stuff like "Hey uhhhhh...guys? Yeah, listen, I was told 90 days, it's been like 18 months, so I was just wondering when I might expect...." was quickly lectured, harangued, told to shut up, sit down, and fall in line by all the ballcarriers. It used to make my blood boil watching certain members condescend to lecture others who were just finding out where either their money, or their knife was at, as though they had the right.

I am glad they got kicked out of here, and I hope it made the few remaining apologists angry. I sincerely hope by the time those folks see the light and request their refunds, that the pot is empty. Might give 'em a taste of what all the other people experienced.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    L.H.S, sharp thoughts, danbot and 3 others like this.
  13. SeppukuSamurai

SeppukuSamurai

Aug 19, 2014
    Misplaced faith is a terrible thing. Hopefully they see the light and manage to be made whole as well. I hope the best for all parties involved. Frankly, whatever supposed money they acquired through said fire, I would've used as a "get out of jail free card," issued all of my refunds, and started anew.

For whatever reason, they're determined to tough it out, despite alienating themselves from what I believe to be the largest group of knife enthusiasts on the net. It will take a lot of consistently applied effort in the right direction for them to even begin to undue their blunders.

I'm not sure what will end up proving to be the worse move, however, you're right about the forums giving them some level of legitimacy and fanboys are never a good thing.

14. Cipriano

Cipriano

Apr 16, 2015
    Remember the honeymoon fundraising for them after their nuptials? :rolleyes:

L.H.S likes this.
  15. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2012
    This. All day and 2 times on Sunday. This should show as an example for all the other shady fools that intend to open up shop here; NOT WELCOME.

16. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    They are not only incompetent at running a business, they are also incompetent at running a Ponzi scheme.o_O

OilMan, shinyedges and JohnWE like this.
  17. JohnWE

JohnWE

Dec 7, 2013
    With due respect, I believe you're confusing blunders with theft. The reason why people do stuff like this isn't because they're incompetent, it's because they're dishonest. They see a way to capitalize on people's interests and then do so in a calculated way. It's not bad business, it's bad people.

palonej, bonky, moshow9 and 3 others like this.
  18. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    They are manipulative and too arrogant to ever change. They probably enjoy the drama.
    I always funded my businesses with bank loans and credit lines, which always worked fine, and made me work harder to pay them down, and save on the interest.

L.H.S likes this.
  19. Beak14

Beak14 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, where did RevDevil go? I do miss reading his posts! If anybody has contact with him, outside this forum, can you wish him well, and tell him not to be a stranger?

20. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I hate to see anyone fail ... but maybe this will be a wake up call to either change or move on into a different business or business model ... and new members that haven't seen everything don't fall into the deep end as many have.

I still hope they figure it out but sometimes it's just time for a hard lesson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.