• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive! Knives Forum Closed - What Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit that Ellie's response to Shiny of "Let's just agree to disagree and leave it up to Kevin." was epic. I think she genuinely thought all the naysayers were going to get told to pound sand and she'd be back to lying and making the same excuses per business as usual. Probably thought Shiny would catch a chiclet or three.

I wish I could have seen her face when she had to tell Guy "I think they're onto us." LOL

I have to admit that Ellie's response to Shiny of "Let's just agree to disagree and leave it up to Kevin." was epic. I think she genuinely thought all the naysayers were going to get told to pound sand and she'd be back to lying and making the same excuses per business as usual. Probably thought Shiny would catch a chiclet or three.

I wish I could have seen her face when she had to tell Guy "I think they're onto us." LOL
I bet that's what she was hoping. The next time she logged in she had a surprise though... as a registered user :cool:

Last edited:
I have only been an observer of this but I wonder since I never saw or heard much that was shown to be coming from Guy if he was oblivious and she was running the business side of it and he the shop or if he was pushing her to do as she did. Really no idea what type of structure they had and who was pulling what strings. They also could have been equally knowledgeable of the situation and what each was doing to "customers".

Ellie's responses over the years have been priceless. A strange mix of passive aggressive, entitlement, blame shifting, convenient omissions and blatant BS all wrapped up in a stinky veneer of shallow marketing hype. I am embarrassed to admit I fell for it for a few months in 2015.

It is telling that they have been kicked off of this site, and stopped posting on FB because of the harsh (and deserved) negative feedback. It seems that the only reason that they are on Instagram is that they can disable comments. Funny, but Nocturnal Knives did the same thing...

One thing I have not seen addressed, that I believe is very relevant, is how this will affect the people who do in fact have money tied up in this fiasco. I have to believe that in some way Bladeforums was a tether between them and the knife community. A means of keeping them accountable and a way to regulate their ever allusive goal posts. With that tether having been severed, I hope they don't disappear all together, with a lot of money that isn't theirs. This is not to say that they couldn't have done that regardless, but it's a much larger feat with a forum of thousands monitoring your movements.

Hopefully they continue to fill back orders until they are all complete.

You can always ask @SURVIVE! Ellie to address anything right here in this very thread.

Although their mess of a subforum is gone, I don't see any reason why any of their paying customers cannot ask for answers on things like a refund, where the hell their knife is, or why they just recently started production on knives ordered in 2015. They were not kicked off the site.

If SK! wants to leave this forum all together it's because they would rather run away from their problems instead of addressing them truthfully.

Shutting down their subforum was a way of not giving them support. This is the GBU and if there's something ugly, this is the place to address it. This isn't the area where they can advertise, nor can they anywhere else on this site.

With due respect, I believe you're confusing blunders with theft. The reason why people do stuff like this isn't because they're incompetent, it's because they're dishonest. They see a way to capitalize on people's interests and then do so in a calculated way. It's not bad business, it's bad people.

Yeah, you're right. Gave this one a lot of thought, whether or not I believed this to be outright "theft" but there has to come a point where deadlines aren't met that you stop taking orders and iron things out. I try to look for the best in people but plausible deniability is out of the window here. I've read Ellie's posts. She's not incompetent and since that's the case, what else is there really?

There's just no excuse. The forum is far better off without "makers" such as them. Good looks @shineyedges

You can always ask @SURVIVE! Ellie to address anything right here in this very thread.

Although their mess of a subforum is gone, I don't see any reason why any of their paying customers cannot ask for answers on things like a refund, where the hell their knife is, or why they just recently started production on knives ordered in 2015. They were not kicked off the site.

If SK! wants to leave this forum all together it's because they would rather run away from their problems instead of addressing them truthfully.

Shutting down their subforum was a way of not giving them support. This is the GBU and if there's something ugly, this is the place to address it. This isn't the area where they can advertise, nor can they anywhere else on this site.

That'd be step? What's less than a step? A stagger? In the right direction. I doubt that'll happen though. It seems like all of the BF Villains/exiles end up taking refuge on platforms in which they have absolute control.

I just sent in a more direct email to see what response I get back from them on my and others concerns, I'm one of many that have some prior orders placed (and going back quite some time). Almost wonder if we should be directly contacting Millet as it might very well hurt their reputation due to their business relationship with SKs.

That'd be step? What's less than a step? A stagger? In the right direction. I doubt that'll happen though. It seems like all of the BF Villains/exiles end up taking refuge on platforms in which they have absolute control.

Yep, because that way they can completely control the narrative, which in this case is a fairy tale they've spun for years.

I just sent in a more direct email to see what response I get back from them on my and others concerns, I'm one of many that have some prior orders placed (and going back quite some time). Almost wonder if we should be directly contacting Millet as it might very well hurt their reputation due to their business relationship with SKs.

Ohhhh, that's a good idea, ask the guys who actually make the knives when they can have their side guy bolt on some handles and put an edge* on it and send it to you.

* I heard that Guy's edges are so amazing that they can chop unicorns in half. He's the best sharpener on the planet. I mean, MY S?K 4.7 has an edge very much like other decently sharp knives I own. Maybe all the super lightsaber leprechaun dust fell off mine. LOL

I have heard it said before that BladeForum viewers are only a small % of SK!'s total customer base. Where does that estimation come from??? Your average knife purchasing guy does not go around buying $200, $300 knives, it's a very tiny niche market relative to all knives bought. And anyone that is willing to buy a $300 is an enthusiasts who would research the internet (as I first did) and the first and really ONLY thing that pops up for social media, Survive Knives (WAS) blade forums. The whole, Survive customers that never heard of blade forums notion is Bizarre. It would be like a graphic Designer that never heard of Adobe. It's just hard for me to believe.

"Millit" (as it's proper spelling) suggests that they currently do not have anything to do with Survives BS practices. I could be wrong. If you feel the need to work your way up the chain ad nauseum to possibly get an answer, then feel free. My opinion is that Millit (notice my spelling there) is just a subcontractor that had no clue about the bigger picture about being part of a company who is a complete failure.

If you're hell bent on taking a company six feet under, none of us are stopping you. However, I think you're jumping the gun a wee bit too soon...

I've noticed that since the archiving of the Survive! subforum, Ellie's membership level now shows as a Registered Member because I think that the Orange colored Knifemaker / Craftsman level was stripped by default, in addition to being stripped from the Moderator status. Case in point, you can not PM (start a conversation) with someone on this Site who is no longer a paid member.

I've noticed that since the archiving of the Survive! subforum, Ellie's membership level now shows as a Registered Member because I think that the Orange colored Knifemaker / Craftsman level was stripped by default, in addition to being stripped from the Moderator status. Case in point, you can not PM (start a conversation) with someone on this Site who is no longer a paid member.

Yep, that's correct. However, I suspect that this forum would leave the GBU as a venue for folks who have a current issue with SK! to be discussed with @SURVIVE! Ellie

If Survive! is truly interested in their customers, they will buy the proper membership to discuss said issues with their customers.

"Millit" (as it's proper spelling) suggests that they currently do not have anything to do with Survives BS practices. I could be wrong. If you feel the need to work your way up the chain ad nauseum to possibly get an answer, then feel free. My opinion is that Millit (notice my spelling there) is just a subcontractor that had no clue about the bigger picture about being part of a company who is a complete failure.

If you're hell bent on taking a company six feet under, none of us are stopping you. However, I think you're jumping the gun a wee bit too soon...

Playing the sleuth game by viewing Millit's IG account, their last mention of anything Survive! related was in May of this year (May 8th IIRC). However Survive! Knives did relocate to Meridian ID to set up shop "next" to Millit. I honestly could not speculate as to what level of collaborative or even equity might be involved, but I would not be surprised if S!K was actually operating on the Millit premises.

Yep, that's correct. However, I suspect that this forum would leave the GBU as a venue for folks who have a current issue with SK! to be discussed with @SURVIVE! Ellie

If Survive! is truly interested in their customers, they will buy the proper membership to discuss said issues with their customers.

Yes, I agree.

I have heard it said before that BladeForum viewers are only a small % of SK!'s total customer base. Where does that estimation come from??? Your average knife purchasing guy does not go around buying $200, $300 knives, it's a very tiny niche market relative to all knives bought. And anyone that is willing to buy a $300 is an enthusiasts who would research the internet (as I first did) and the first and really ONLY thing that pops up for social media, Survive Knives (WAS) blade forums. The whole, Survive customers that never heard of blade forums notion is Bizarre. It would be like a graphic Designer that never heard of Adobe. It's just hard for me to believe.

Look at S!Ks social media presence. S!K has 7.3K followers on Instagram and a dead FB page. (By comparison, Dustin Turpin has 14.3K, Nocturnal Knives has 13.9K, Will Moon has 12.7K.) Then, look at the number of views that posts on their forum here got. S!K fans can bloviate all they want about how the company doesn't need BladeForums, but the numbers tell a different story.

Playing the sleuth game by viewing Millit's IG account, their last mention of anything Survive! related was in May of this year (May 8th IIRC). However Survive! Knives did relocate to Meridian ID to set up shop "next" to Millit. I honestly could not speculate as to what level of collaborative or even equity might be involved, but I would not be surprised if S!K was actually operating on the Millit premises.

I would assume (and that's a big word in this situation) that Millit is keeping away from the "structured" company called "Survive"... If Millit decides to rub their own faces in a pile of shit, that would be their own problem. If Millit wants to sink their ship in sequence with SK!, they can go ahead and sink with Survive...

At this point, there are way too many people to try and pull the shades over their eyes. This shit has become transparent by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back