• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Survive! Knives Forum Closed - What Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you're referring to me (as I'm not sure I am a fan), but, in case you are - there is no reason to discuss or defend S!K on any other glaring issues. However, I do have an issue when falsehoods come into play...

Then, I'd suggest you get busy searching the rest of the internet for "falsehoods" to correct. Right now, you come off as a fanbag for S?K.

Then, I'd suggest you get busy searching the rest of the internet for "falsehoods" to correct. Right now, you come off as a fanbag for S?K.

It's not really your place to tell me where I can look or not, don't you think? :) Also, why do you have to use slurs? Please be polite.

Not sure if you're referring to me (as I'm not sure I am a fan), but, in case you are - there is no reason to discuss or defend S!K on any other glaring issues. However, I do have an issue when falsehoods come into play...

You mean like almost every time since 2015 that S!K has provided people with an estimate on when their knives would be complete? I assume you have an issue with those falsehoods too.

You mean like almost every time since 2015 that S!K has provided people with an estimate on when their knives would be complete? I assume you have an issue with those falsehoods too.

Yes, I do have an issue with that and have stated it already in the past years. I'll never defend S!K's actions or statements. Like many have said, they brought this upon themselves. The owner of BF made his decision and that's that from my side.

Funny. Here to make sure no falsehoods be spoke of survive! but where were you for all the falsehoods from survive! ?

You're post record shows your bias, to bad survive! got the boot. Deal with it.

You created the falsehood in your head. It is hard to believe that all 7/7 orders have started being worked on at this point.

Regardless of the nitpicking things you want to defend this garbage company on, the end result is the same. They suck.

I was surprised that Millit got involved with SK too. With their other collaborations (Hawks, TAD, Massdrop, et al.), Milllit is seemingly in the position to become THE go-to US-based midtech OEM. I HOPE that they don't get smeared with the Survive brush.

As for me, I'm not going to jump to a decision without knowing more about the relationship between Millit and Survive.
Anyone associated with survive should take immediate measures to distance themselves. Hell, smart folks would have never gotten involved in the first place. As it stands, it is clear that there is close enough of a relationship between millit and survive that I won't be purchasing from them.

Last edited:
Multi level marketing companies often create VERY complex systems to obfuscate the fact that most people make little to no money selling their stuff. The S!K order process is similarly complex and confusing. Add in the fact that they have changed how they take and fill orders multiple times, and it is easy to see where all this confusion comes from.

This paragraph suggests that Survive! Knives was (or is) some kind of complex and sophisticated MLM operation and if that's the baseline, I would have to respectfully disagree. If anything, they have been extremely incompetent at tackling complex business methods and thus unable to successfully fulfill any multi faceted order processes (the whole gamut: starter / preorder / presale). Also, look at their secondary market pricing while discounting some outliers and hype; Survive!'s major pricing issue was low-balling of their own products. Survive! is a classic example of an extremely putrid management team which compounded its production line problems (basically a wholly outsourcing outfit) by trying to raise more capital through more future orders and when the inevitable bottleneck hit them hard, they started to address those glaring issue with untruth / false statements / lies.

This paragraph suggests that Survive! Knives was (or is) some kind of complex and sophisticated MLM operation and if that's the baseline, I would have to respectfully disagree. If anything, they have been extremely incompetent at tackling complex business methods and thus unable to successfully fulfill any multi faceted order processes (the whole gamut: starter / preorder / presale). Also, look at their secondary market pricing while discounting some outliers and hype; Survive!'s major pricing issue was low-balling of their own products. Survive! is a classic example of an extremely putrid management team which compounded its production line problems (basically a wholly outsourcing outfit) by trying to raise more capital through more future orders and when the inevitable bottleneck hit them hard, they started to address those glaring issue with untruth / false statements / lies.

I don't think he's calling them a MLM organization in as much as making the analogy that the MLM employee and the Survive pre-order consumer both invested into a system which is intentionally or unintentionally complex and in the end does not yield the anticipated or promised outcome.

I don't think he's calling them a MLM organization in as much as making the analogy that the MLM employee and the Survive pre-order consumer both invested into a system which is intentionally or unintentionally complex and in the end does not yield the anticipated or promised outcome.

That I can wrap my head around!

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said.

I think we can both agree that their convoluted sales program and nomenclature has served to confuse customers make it harder to discuss S!K. Whether they did it intentionally (I don't think they did) or just created names and policies on the fly in a mad rush to generate capital, they have used the complexity to their advantage when marketing their business, discussing their progress and hiding their failures. And I agree with you that S!K 100% doesn't have the sophistication to run a premeditated "long con" like a MLM operation.

ETA - benchwarmer380 said it better and with fewer words. Cheers!

Isn't this whole thread just beating a dead horse at this point?

Nothing Ellie says will please anyone, apart from "all knives are done", and nothing new or productive comes from this discussion.

And no, I'm not a Survive! shill. This whole thing just seems redundant.

Isn't this whole thread just beating a dead horse at this point?

Nothing Ellie says will please anyone, apart from "all knives are done", and nothing new or productive comes from this discussion.

And no, I'm not a Survive! shill. This whole thing just seems redundant.
No.

New information has been reported here. Discussion of their relationship to others in the industry is happening. These are important things to this community.

gso-9__02592.jpg
Well the BSS homepage states a 7/7 collaboration with SK!.

There wip wednesday should be re titled to they only work on back orders on wednesday. Yet another slap in the face for people waiting 3+ years for their order while they work on new money projects rather than the old. (Cuz they can't afford to)
That's a very bad look. They've got folks waiting 3 years but this 7/7 only took two years.

According to Black Scout Suvival website they are already Sold Out of the GSO 7/7 BSS Edition. We be very interesting to see when these ship. My guess since it’s been “2 years in the making,” they are ready to ship now.

According to Black Scout Suvival website they are already Sold Out of the GSO 7/7 BSS Edition. We be very interesting to see when these ship. My guess since it’s been “2 years in the making,” they are ready to ship now.

I would assume you are correct.

I wouldn't hold my breath.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back