Survive! Knives GSO sharpening

So my two GSOs had factory edges on them. I figured i'd mess with my Edge Pro Apex sharpening kit. Having never sharpened a knife before I watched some videos and went to town. Sadly, I went from a factory edge that was shaving sharp to not being able to even cut paper. Disappointed I practiced on some other, cheaper blades to understand angles and now I have it down and was able to bring both GSO's back to razor sharp as seen in the video. I'm a happy camper, now that I can sharpen my knives well! I'm missing a lot of hair now after doing all the testing. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JWu-dvSI0

So my two GSOs had factory edges on them. I figured i'd mess with my Edge Pro Apex sharpening kit. Having never sharpened a knife before I watched some videos and went to town. Sadly, I went from a factory edge that was shaving sharp to not being able to even cut paper. Disappointed I practiced on some other, cheaper blades to understand angles and now I have it down and was able to bring both GSO's back to razor sharp as seen in the video. I'm a happy camper, now that I can sharpen my knives well! I'm missing a lot of hair now after doing all the testing. :D

Hahah! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out. I was getting ready with my "we offer free lifetime resharpening" bit.

I figured i'd mess with my Edge Pro Apex sharpening kit. Having never sharpened a knife before....

...??

You got an EPA and never used it? Or you just got it? Anyway, congrats. Yeah, they come razor sharp. One of the sharpest knives from the factory, period.

Hahah! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out. I was getting ready with my "we offer free lifetime resharpening" bit.

Yep, I knew about that. I figured I couldn't go wrong :D

...??

You got an EPA and never used it? Or you just got it? Anyway, congrats. Yeah, they come razor sharp. One of the sharpest knives from the factory, period.

Yes I've had an EPA kit in my closest and never learned to use it. My blades at this point just see opening boxes and light use around the house, so besides stropping them I never needed to sharpen anything.

Seeing as I want to get outdoors more and practice some general bushcraft stuff I figured I better learn how to use it so when they blades wear i'm not left with dull blades.

About to put my 7/7 on the WE this weekend. Been pruning a bunch of trees.

Back