Survive! Knives Heads Up

If you want it I will cut you a deal as you are a fan, I will take the little profit I would make out. Up to you :)

Man I let my 6 go way too cheap!
That won't sell for $350. An extra inch of 3V isn't worth $120 premium. I think the guy is testing the market. I'm personally looking for this knife for my collection, but not at black market organ prices.

Very true. I let mine go for $300 but at least it included a dangler and a new set of scales also. Shipping and insurance was a nasty hit too.

Anybody want to help me get forte 4.1? I can only pay with PMO. He would like PayPal.

I thought that was standard. I gotta keep the wife happy and not charge anything. I do have a secret stash though:)

Ahhh ok. I've had guys try to tell me that they won't do it that way. I wish money orders weren't such a pain.

Ahhh ok. I've had guys try to tell me that they won't do it that way. I wish money orders weren't such a pain.
Money orders are a pain, because they have to clear, and that requires extra time at the bank counter. Then there is the additional hassle of waiting for the mail. You can always get a visa prepaid card or gift card, and pay through paypal that way.

A tiny mark up is understandable. I just have an issue with some of these fleabay sellers that only buy these things to make a profit off of them.
The last GSO that I sold was a 6 and I let it go for $300. I felt kind of guilty but it was a hard to find knife in pristine condition with a Sagewood dangler and an extra set of scales. After all that was added up with shipping and insurance, I almost broke even.

I said this in the other threads about availability. Not trying to beat a dead horse but this is economics 101. The guys who can manage to get the GSO's are making a killing in the secondary market. New GSO5.1 on the auction site was $325 last time I looked and even had a bid on it already. The other current one is up to $265 and it has 5 days left on the auction.

I just bought a GSO 5 and a GSO 4.1 in M390 (that knife is two years old right?), both used, and the 5 is a 2nd, and I paid a considerable amount over full retail for 1st rates to get them.

Too bad that money couldn't go to the newlyweds starting a small business from scratch and having availability issues. I'm just sayin'.......... (again)

That won't sell for $350. An extra inch of 3V isn't worth $120 premium. I think the guy is testing the market. I'm personally looking for this knife for my collection, but not at black market organ prices.

I think it already did.

Anybody want to help me get forte 4.1? I can only pay with PMO. He would like PayPal.

Money orders are a pain, because they have to clear, and that requires extra time at the bank counter. Then there is the additional hassle of waiting for the mail. You can always get a visa prepaid card or gift card, and pay through paypal that way.

If you really want the knife and only have cash, do this.

Go to Walmart or Walgreens and buy a visa vanilla one card. There is a $5 fee but then you can pretty much spend the cash electronically. Do it.

Back