Survive! knives

I wouldn't mind picking up a spare GSO 3.5 sheath, but I don't see them listed in your online shop... do you have them in stock and do you sell them separately?

huntsmuleys

Any idea on when the Kydex sheaths will be available for the 4.1's?? Thanks!

We just started seeing GSO-5.1 sheaths, GSO-4.1 sheaths will be the next to be produced so not too much longer.

Juraj

Any plans for khukris or parangs? Keep up the good work.

Not at this time. There is a drawing that doesn't really fit either of those categories but kind of, maybe... it's not ready yet and it will be a bit until there are more details on that. The production will be pretty pricey and since we aren't doing preorders anymore, it is going to take us some time to get that much investment cash set aside.

cowens677

Any idea when the necker pre orders will be shipping?

I'm guesstimating about 2 weeks until those are starting to ship. We have finishing techniques buttoned down and after that process they will just need to be engraved, sharpened, built, and packed.

Riz2530

I may have missed this but I have been dying for a Blaze Orange handled 3.5. All that is left are pink and funky colors. Are there going to be any more orange regular handled knives made?

Definitely, they are working on more GSO-3.5 handles right now so we should have some more options available in a few weeks.

calc

I wouldn't mind picking up a spare GSO 3.5 sheath, but I don't see them listed in your online shop... do you have them in stock and do you sell them separately?

Yes and yes but I will have to check stock levels to give you a better idea of when we can get those listed. I also need to find some time to get some pictures taken of them as well as the handles.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you've answered this, but are there plans on making GSO-6s anymore, or is that model discontinued?

This thread needs more pictures.
795DF39A-37A6-46D2-B9E0-21ABADFD0811_zpsyt5k8q8c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh and...

GSO-5.1 sheaths came in... more handles and sheaths arriving soon!

I have yet to receive an answer from my email so I guess I'll try here, I ordered a factory second necker but was not logged onto my account on your website did the order still go through Order #100002013

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not sure if you've answered this, but are there plans on making GSO-6s anymore, or is that model discontinued?

Guy is working on some slight modifications for the different models based on different user feedback. The last productions of the GSO-5, GSO-5.1, GSO-6, and GSO-7/7 and the next productions of the GSO-5.1 and GSO-5 all share the same handle. After that you will see some changes in the designs and the handles won't be interchangeable.

As for SK series, right now we definitely plan to run the SK-4 again and introduce the SK-5, a GSO-5.1 equivalent. Beyond that we are still deciding what models may be offered in the S-7. That requires a lot of big conversations that we haven't had time to have.

I asked and the GSO-6 will be made again. :thumbup:
I'm looking forward on a SK-6 but because that model isn't decided yet I'll buy a SK-5 as soon as they are available (hopefully this year).

I'm not sure if I should get the 5 or 5.1

Do you like finger choils? That and the length is the only difference. Personally I love been able to use a knife with a choil. Even the choil on the GSO 10 is great to use.

Below is a posted image by B34Ns

Agree with you on this. Hope this helps illustrate GSO 5's belly is a little better for skinning, but not enough to really notice. The biggest difference might be depending on your hand size and build, where your hand is "guided to" by the choil for more of a chopping leverage where the GSO 5 the handles are further up on the blade meaning more blade control towards the tip if you're choking up on the blade for fine work. Just depends on how you like to hold your blades. I made this to help illustrate the detailed differences. (darker one is the 5.1)

i5idilg.jpg

And mine;

WTXZoPwl.jpg

Oh I really don't know :( I've never really used a knife with a finger choil before

I don't think you can go wrong with the choil. When I use mine there is a great amount of control when doing finer tasks. Getting your hand closer to the job so the pivot point of the knife moves closer to the job. It's all personal preference, when I use a knife with no choil I feel like I'm at a disadvantage... :wink:

I believe at this point the 5.1 will be available allot sooner than the 5 anyway, that too may be a factor in your decision?

Well the gso5.1 is available now, josh said the gso5 isn't to far off, I'll watch a few videos on YouTube and see if I can make my mind up

After some contemplating I've decided to wait for the gso5, I've already waited like 2 or so months so what's a couple more weeks.

My GSO 3.5 turned up this morning. Very nice little blade, super sharp, nice feel and balance, very light in the hand.

The family is almost complete till the next one...... ;)

WiC1B5Dl.jpg

iUpSlJBl.jpg

I will say guys that I have had to leave the world of fixed blades for a little while, but I will be back.

That said, the 5.1 I owned will likely be sought after again someday. It is hard to imagine a better combination of size and effectiveness for bushwork. Just simply a sharp, outstanding tool for getting the job done.

If you have not gotten out in the field with at least one of your SKs, you are very much in the dark about which I am speaking. These knives are much like good hunting dogs; they are not meant for keeping cooped up for display. They are ready to perform.

These are the best things I can say about the quality of their knives. They simply do the work without complaining.

Back