SURVIVE! rumors

I do have a rough design for a solid steel medium sized axe but that is a long way down the road yet. So many things to get done between here and there.

-Guy

Honestly, there are other axe options out there. I'm sure you would do a great one and I'd want one, but I am stoked for the folders and machete, not to mention the 4.1 coming soon. So axe can wait! I'm very interested to see what you do for a folder.

Hey,

I might be able to help with some of the rumors, I've heard a few myself. lol

On the SK models, we have only done an experimental run so far, based on the GSO-4.1. They went well and we do plan on offering more SK models in the future. I have some big changes coming not too far down the road, so I'm not really willing to go into further detail yet. I do in fact have a GSO-12 and an M-12(machete) in the works but it will be a bit yet before I'll be able to get to those. The big blades are really expensive to produce.

There is a folder design that I hope to be able to bring to market sometime this year, as well as several other models. I've actually got 13 unique knife models in total that are all finalized and another 3 on the drawing board, that should be completed soon. Some are revisions of current models and others are completely new. I'm beyond excited about them and believe they represent some of my very best design work to date. We do have quite a bit of CPM-3V and CPM-20CV steel waiting to be cut into fixed blades and we do already have the blade steel for the folder. I will drop this teaser, the first production run of the folders will be offered in both CPM-20CV and CPM-S90V.

How fast we can get things done really just comes down to money. We're a really small company, so unless we are approached by a kind hearted millionaire investor who wants to help fast track our growth without wanting to hijack my company I've just got to be patient and grow a little bit at a time.

-Guy

So you potentially have 16 different knife models to be offered in 3v and (or) 20cv steel :cool:
I still hope you will offer a 5.1 in S7 steel this year :friendly_wink:

Guy,

Thanks for the update. As an experienced user of your knives, I will say that the quality you put in reflects your business philosophy to keep quality the goal, not quantity. Many business owners get the rose colored glasses too early in business and fund their operations via loans that come haunting them when business wanes a bit; I am not sure how you fund your operations, but it sounds like you like to keep it within the means of the business.

I am sure there will come a time when you will need to increase the price of your knives in order to fund more staff, machines, etc... but that is what comes with quality and a loyal following. Such knives, if ever needed, keep good value even in the secondary market long after production.

In conclusion (and I speak for myself), I understand the patience we need to have to keep getting what has been produced in terms of quality and dedication to the craft.

Pat

Hey,

I might be able to help with some of the rumors, I've heard a few myself. lol

On the SK models, we have only done an experimental run so far, based on the GSO-4.1. They went well and we do plan on offering more SK models in the future. I have some big changes coming not too far down the road, so I'm not really willing to go into further detail yet. I do in fact have a GSO-12 and an M-12(machete) in the works but it will be a bit yet before I'll be able to get to those. The big blades are really expensive to produce.

There is a folder design that I hope to be able to bring to market sometime this year, as well as several other models. I've actually got 13 unique knife models in total that are all finalized and another 3 on the drawing board, that should be completed soon. Some are revisions of current models and others are completely new. I'm beyond excited about them and believe they represent some of my very best design work to date. We do have quite a bit of CPM-3V and CPM-20CV steel waiting to be cut into fixed blades and we do already have the blade steel for the folder. I will drop this teaser, the first production run of the folders will be offered in both CPM-20CV and CPM-S90V.

How fast we can get things done really just comes down to money. We're a really small company, so unless we are approached by a kind hearted millionaire investor who wants to help fast track our growth without wanting to hijack my company I've just got to be patient and grow a little bit at a time.

-Guy

So you potentially have 16 different knife models to be offered in 3v and (or) 20cv steel :cool:
I still hope you will offer a 5.1 in S7 steel this year :friendly_wink:

How does S7 compare to 3V (analysis of toughness, edge retention and corrosion resistance)?

How does S7 compare to 3V (analysis of toughness, edge retention and corrosion resistance)?

supposed to be tougher (S7 is one of the toughest steels), not as good wear resistance/edge retention. Not sure about corrosion resistance?

3V resists corrosion very well - it's no 20CV but it's much better than normal carbon steels and lesser alloys like S7 that start to rust/patina in the open air. That's why S!K coats the S7 blades, users can keep the edge clear through regular maintenance (i.e. using the knife ;) ). S7 is ~50% tougher than 3V but lacks the carbide content for good edge-retention in abrasive cutting, maybe 40% of what 3V is capable, closer to A2 or 420HC.

Yes 3V is an overall better steel, but I've quite a lot of knives in 3V.
Just want to have at least one beater in S7 :)

GSO 12 and Machete. I'M IN!!!!

Back