SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

Hey Dan,
I just sent the remaining $135 to you via paypal. I have already paid the $75 deposit. Paypal transaction ID #8FU036536B052883U, made on March 11 2008. Neither order tracker or this thread has me as having paid the deposit....... Could you confirm that I am PIF? Thanks, #58.

Ok - will update the list - thanks!

In the meantime - check out this cool B&W pic. :D

Survivors0511-01.jpg

Well, my goodness, I believe I see #50 right before my eyes:D:thumbup:

Dan, will you have a Survivor at Blade for us to fondle?

(maybe keep it under the table and give those of us still waiting the secret password to ask for it? :D)

I thought I would check and see how the next 15 are doing. Since I am PIF and in the next group. I AM STOKED!!;)

I to am interested in a update... I PIF at the begining when request for deposits and does not show on list but does on Order tracker.
Thanks
TTD

Hello Dan,

I ordered a knife with Kevin Thompson in Feb of 2008 or maybe Jan of 2008, The knive were to be used by our team in afghanistan, well anyway, I still have not recieved my knife or any information, now I know you have taken money from my checking account, Also what kind of handle and sheath do we get, what are our options on the sheath...

Tom

Hey Dan,
Any idea of when the next 15 are going to be shipped?? I know that you had Blade to prepare for, but now that it's over is the Survivor project going to have priority???

Yes, it's hard to believe it has been 16 months since we started this little project. I vote for some priority here.:D

JH

Doesn't look like this project has any priority boys, Dan is doing the same short run projects and sprint runs that has pushed this from a 6 month to a 16 month engagement. Please chime in here Dan, any idea of when these are going to be finished?? I see that you already posted that the W&SS knives are top list right now......... What does the next 10 priority slots look like?? Not trying to stir the pot here, we all know you work very hard. Just trying to figure how long I have left to wait......

Dan posted in a thread yesterday that he will be off line until Monday.

I had a chance to talk with him at Blade about the Survivor project. One of the sources of delay is the grinding process. He had originally planned ( and priced) this mid-tech project with an outside shop to do the blade grinding by machine. That fell through, so he has had to hand grind them each himself.

It's all a great juggling act I do, guys. I have these nearly completed...just broke my tooling for cleaning up the inner part of the ring, and I really don't like doing that after heat-treat....prefer to do it beforehand. I'll go to the hardware store to see about getting a replacement today. Thanks for the reminder!

Dan

It's all a great juggling act I do, guys. I have these nearly completed...just broke my tooling for cleaning up the inner part of the ring, and I really don't like doing that after heat-treat....prefer to do it beforehand. I'll go to the hardware store to see about getting a replacement today. Thanks for the reminder!

Dan

Ok - I went to Fastenal and got what I needed. Half are done...the other half will be done tomorrow and in the mail for heat-treat.

If you are in the next batch of 15....figure on about 3-4 weeks for delivery...plan accordingly.

Amazingly...I'm still waiting on 2 to pay up from the last batch....! :eek:

Dan

If somebody is sick of waiting and wants out, let me know, I will gladly take your spot and refund your deposit.... :D:thumbup:

What ever happened to the sheath plan for this? I sent a email to Dan at JRE back in February, he replied that I would be on a list, but have heard nothing since.

Is there a sheath avaliable? :confused:

JRE is working on a sheath, guys....send emails to them. ;)

The next 15 are now in Heat-Treat....wahoo!

And I'm going to finish grinding the rest this week (fingers crossed!)

Dan

Ground out half of the remaining Survivors....they are ready for heat-treat. Just need to do the rest and then they are OUTTA HERE! :thumbup:

:eek:

Dan

Hey Dan,

What number are we on with the survivor blades? Also could you get me an address to sent the last of my payment on my blade. I think I'm in the 60's for my blade, thanks.

Scott

Back