SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

the extra was SPF very quickly...sorry guys, madborderman07 was quick on the draw. If for some reason he doesn't pick it up, it goes to texastonydobbs.

I apologize for not posting that earlier.

Thanks!

Dan

no problem...
Dan just wanted to say The Survivor is an awesome hunk of steel..Wow ! my only regret was not ordering a pair ! I'll post pictures of my Survivor once I receive my custom Sheath ....
Thanks again Dan for another Great Knife

I do really enjoy making these....and it's a heckuvalotta knife for the money!!

GREAT NEWS - I spoke with another blade grinder (who is very reliable and has a 2 week turnaround) who is interested in doing the grinding on the Survivor knife. It'll be pricey (for me :() but I think the quality will definitely be there.

Soooo.....

I am definitely considering another run...maybe later this year, or early next year. I'm going to keep it to maybe just 20 knives...and I hope to not have to raise the price much. Hopefully there will be more options on the handle. Steel will be the same (A2). And I do believe (hope) it will get done a lot quicker this time!

Dan

Dan,
I got my Survivor yesterday. It was worth the wait!!
Thanks man. Now once I get my sheath from JRE, I will do a full review.
Although I did chop som standing dead ash. HARD as hell. The Survivor bit in nicely.:thumbup:

Just wanted to say thanks Dan. I really appreciate you sending my Survivor brand spanking new WITH A BENT TIP. As always you never cease to amaze me........

I'll start the claim with FedEx. Hold on to it for now - I will replace it and we'll shelf this one as a blem.

I certainly did not send it with a bent tip....so I'm not sure what you mean.

I've sent 60 of these out and no one else got a bent tip.

Did anybody else's package get "beat up" by FedEx?

I decided to go with them this time rather than USPS so that I could have tracking numbers.

But if the packages end up getting used as footballs...then I'm definitely not doing that again.

Sorry for your loss, 007 Agent ZZero. I will get it straightened out.

Dan

I got 3 Survivors that are not paid for and I haven't received any information/emails/calls/etc.

I'll wait another week and then offer these to the next guys on the list.

Dan

Just wanted to say thanks Dan. I really appreciate you sending my Survivor brand spanking new WITH A BENT TIP. As always you never cease to amaze me........

This may get me an infraction... but this type of behavior makes you seem like a total jerk. Give Dan a break, he is a busy guy before you put knife-making in the mix. We are getting very high quality knives from a guy who is doing this as a hobby (no offense meant) for really reasonable prices. So, step back and think before you air your dirty laundry in public.

Just my .02
Alex

Last edited:
Thanks for the support, Alex - but this matter has (hopefully) been resolved now.

Dan

Hey, Dan my address is about to change. Give me a heads up when your ready to ship and I'll give you the correct address.

I still have 4 Survivors that have not been paid for yet...:(

The next batch will be going out to heat-treat next week.

Dan

I have an extra Survivor in GCM and one in BCM.

I have held these for months and months with no reply or payment. So, off they go.

I am offering them first to the guys on the list here, and then I'll put them up for sale to the General Public.

Thanks!

Dan

I have an extra Survivor in GCM and one in BCM.

I have held these for months and months with no reply or payment. So, off they go.

I am offering them first to the guys on the list here, and then I'll put them up for sale to the General Public.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan, I think I am next on the Survivor list for a GCM, #66, and Im PIF. I'd be happy to take that GCM now! :thumbup:

It's yours, Mike. Email me with address, and since you are PIF, it'll be on its way.

Thanks!

Since nobody is signed up for BCM, this one goes up for grabs to the GP.

Dan

Back