SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

To quote "Mick 'Crocodile' Dundee"....... as best as I can recall from the movie ...........

"This IS a Knife " ! ! ! ! ......
:eek:

Looks good Dan...................... :thumbup:

Dan,

They are looking great! When approximatly do you expect to have these done. I would like to take mine on my hunting trip in early October :)

I've been doing some thinking on these....what do you expect when they take soooooo long to grind? :D :foot:

Rather than finished them all at the same time...I am going to do 15 of these at a time.

In other words...grind the first 15 and send them off to heat-treat. Then start the next 15 and send them off to heat-treat. Then start the next 15.....

by that time, the first 15 will be back from heat-treat...and I plan on just gluing those bad-boys up and shipping them out.

This benefits the folks higher up on the list, naturally....and they probably won't complain. :D

The folks lower on the list would have to wait the full amount of time anyway...(if I had ground all ~80, sent all off to HT, glued-up all at once, and so on). So...hopefully there won't be too much grumbling there either. :p

Well....what do you guys think of this idea?

I'd like to start the first 15 today/tomorrow and have them ready to send for heat-treat on Monday.

Let's hear a few opinions...

Dan

Well, from the 2nd to last guy on the list, I think it SUCKS.

J/K. :D

That's cool, let's those guys get theirs. I am jealous however, and please don't make us johnny-come-latelys wait tooooo long.

Oh, and let me know about that custom I emailed you about. :thumbup:

Well, since I am # 1 & 2 on the list ..... you get no complaint from me....... :thumbup: :D

Seriously though........... whatever works for you suits me Dan.......;)

I am just glad to see they are progressing......... :thumbup:

P/S ........ Mine are PIF by the way....... :)

Last edited:
I think its a great idea, we will all get one soon just some sooner than others and if it better for you than I say "YES " ...

Dan,

That sounds great! What is another 3 thrown into the first batch... :)

Thanks for the update!

Joel #18

I ground out the first of these today..should be able to get the first 15 in the mail on Monday.

:thumbup:

oops...misunderstanding there, bro...

the first 15 in the mail - to the heat-treat guy....

:foot:

sorry to mislead!!!

Dan

No problem.... out to heat treat is good....... :thumbup: :D
Especially P B....... :thumbup:

Dan,

I sent my deposit via Paypal on April 22nd of $77.00. I just sent you another $133.00 as payment for the balance of this order. It was also sent using Paypal. Please update your order tracker when you get some time. I am like a kid on Christmas eve, just waiting to hold the Survivor in my hands and take it into the woods for a workout.

Paul

P.S also included $100.00 for payment on the 2 KKK Bushcrafters that should be shipping soon.

Here ya go...

:D

Survivor0814-01.jpg

Another view showing both crates.

Survivor0814-02.jpg

In the above 2 crates the blades are roughly ground about halfway up. That might be fine enough for heat-treat...but grinding long flat blades like these after heat-treat...hardened to 57-58 HRc is not my idea of a good time! :( :eek: :foot:

So, I'm taking them up a little farther...like these:

Survivor0814-03.jpg

These are ready for heat-treat....just need to make some time to get the first 15 out the door. I gotta gear up to do these...they're not quick-n-easy like the Bushcraft and Nessmuk....:foot:

But...progress is progress, right?!?

:D

Dan

Back