SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

Since I am #4 on the list I have to assume that mine should be pretty close to being ready??? The thread doesn't reflect my deposit ( still ) but the order tracker does. Since I would like to include the cost of the sheath in the final payment, any updates as to options and costs? Any anticipated shipping date to us ( not the heat treater ) ??

Thanks,

Greg

Hey Dan! Just an update - I'm # 32 on the list and have paid $140 via Paypal so far with the remainder to transfer as soon as I hear my group is finishing.

Andy

I just need to let you all know that I'm jealous of everybody on that list. These blades are going to ROCK.

If anybody wants to back out, I'll buy out your spot. Seriously.

Last edited:
dan, are these going to be finished before Christmas?

The first 15 are getting handles cut out today.

I had to delay these because I was out of corby bolts and the supplier was not able to restock me until this week.

But the good news is that they are now in the rotation!

Dan

you better post some pics or you're in big trouble, mr. koster.

LOL...

I thought about it...but ran out of time this morning before heading to class.

Dan

Here's an update pic:

SurvivorUpdate1029-01.gif

The handles are cut out, the holes drilled, the fronts and backs are ground to shape, tapered and finished.

I still need to finish the flats on the knives and take the grinds all the way to the top. But I'm waiting for belts to show up....from the same place as the corby pins....*groan*.

the funny marks and coloring on the blades are from the heat-treat process.

I am going to sandblast the flats, but leave them with the as-ground markings on them. I really like it....and it has no bearing on function....yet retains a bit of uniqueness.

Dan

check it out....got one of them glued-up...with 2 corby bolts I managed to scrounge up...

:thumbup:

SurvivorUpdate1029-03.jpg

I'm taking the grinds all the way to the top on these...and I'm not sure if I want to do a swedge or not...I don't know if it will make the tip too thin. These already have just about the perfect amount of taper....and this coming from a guy that loves swedges and the "striker tip"...

Progress at last!!!

Dan

p.s. hopefully the corby bolts shipment shows up tomorrow!!!

I'm taking the grinds all the way to the top on these...and I'm not sure if I want to do a swedge or not...I don't know if it will make the tip too thin. These already have just about the perfect amount of taper....and this coming from a guy that loves swedges and the "striker tip"...

Whatever you decide Dan, is good enough for me ................. :thumbup:

PS/ Make sure you see my email on ADDRESS CHANGE ....... ;)

Back