Survivor vehicles - Let's see your ride!!!

Do the statistics change if I'm Asian? :)

In 2006 (found those stats), 35 "Asians" were among the 4,837 motorcyclists killed in MVA, <1%, compared to 118 "Asian" pedestrians killed in MVA, comprising 2.5% of all such pedestrian deaths.
"Asians" accounted for ~4.8% of the US population at the time, so those stats seem to indicate the people of Asian decent (not sure all whom that includes, maybe Indian and Pakistani and Pacific Islanders among the Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc.etc. *shrug*) comprise a smaller portion of motorcycle deaths than their population percentage might suggest... either not enough Asian motorcyclists out there, or y'all are decent enough riders ;) And are decent enough pedestrians. I'm not sure what it says about the condition of your organs on impact though :p

In 2006 (found those stats), 35 "Asians" were among the 4,837 motorcyclists killed in MVA, <1%, compared to 118 "Asian" pedestrians killed in MVA, comprising 2.5% of all such pedestrian deaths.
"Asians" accounted for ~4.8% of the US population at the time, so those stats seem to indicate the people of Asian decent (not sure all whom that includes, maybe Indian and Pakistani and Pacific Islanders among the Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc.etc. *shrug*) comprise a smaller portion of motorcycle deaths than their population percentage might suggest... either not enough Asian motorcyclists out there, or y'all are decent enough riders ;) And are decent enough pedestrians. I'm not sure what it says about the condition of your organs on impact though :p

LOL! Thanks for the stats! I'll share them with my family to see if I can get approval :)

Spend most of my time in my old Land Cruiser

Once in a while i take the RC51 out. But it really does not get the time it deserves.

And my current toy:

Oh my great googamunga. :eek:

8d47b5a518d275a525395ef14815481c.jpg

Tried posting pics but Flickr didn't work at all and Imgur images were huge and crops of one side of the image. Got it!
NUIV7lDl.jpg
[/IMG]
KAswfLXl.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Spend most of my time in my old Land Cruiser

Nice cruiser! Is yours diesel or gas? My cousin had a 4.2TD back in the day.
It has quite a few similarities to my nissan patrol.
Can't beat the old solid front axle for articulation :thumbup:

Am i the only one staring at the scenery of our mountain-folk here, rather than their rides? Man, I do miss those mountains... just breath-taking.

Nothing fancy , but I like them .

2003-2006_Honda_Element_--_08-28-2011_zps14locy6n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My favorite ;-)

P1070151_zpsjp2yu7pz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My Road King . Sold last summer .

95RoadKing013_zpssr8xidb3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is my favorite old toy:

And my current toy:

Can you elaborate on the different experiences of owning a lifted modded old truck vs a RZR? I'm considering a build on either a 3rd gen 4runner or 2nd gen pickup but think to myself it might make more sense to have a newer truck and a RZR. I can't do this right now, but something I'd like to try and work up to in the somewhat near future.

Can you elaborate on the different experiences of owning a lifted modded old truck vs a RZR? I'm considering a build on either a 3rd gen 4runner or 2nd gen pickup but think to myself it might make more sense to have a newer truck and a RZR. I can't do this right now, but something I'd like to try and work up to in the somewhat near future.

I think it makes sense for everyone to own a RZR. :D I was riding around with my buddy on some trails in Michigan on his older Polaris (I think it was a Ranger, very utility, reminded me of the first gen Gators we had in the army) when a family blew past us in their 4-seater RZR. I cussed them out for tearing up the trail but to be honest it was mostly jealousy, that thing looked amazing. It's pretty much my ultimate man-toy.

It is quite different in many ways but very simalar in other ways. I have had dirt bikes, ATVs, jet skis, lifted trucks, but I think the RZR has been the most worry free fun toy out of all of them. Between a built truck and a RZR it really depends on what type of off roading is in your area and what you want to be able to do. I grew up in MO and if I was still back there I would probably still have an ATV and not the RZR because there aren't as many places to take it riding. Out here in CO there are tons of trails that are RZR and truck friendly. The fun part of wheeling in a truck (at least here in CO) is that you can start a trail on one side of a mountain and go over / through the mountains and come out the other side and then just hit the road to the next destination. Where in the RZR you have to turnaround and go back to your truck and trailer. However you can most likely go up and back in the RZR in the time that it takes the truck to just go over. The RZRs just ride so smoth it makes for a much more enjoyable ride for passengers. My wife use to get bord riding in the truck she like the RZR much more and I started taking my daughter out on the RZR with me when she was 2.5 years old and she loves it!
The other nice thing about the RZR (for us older guys) is that at the end of the day I get to put it on the trailer and get cleaned up to have a nice drive back home in my nice riding clean everyday truck vs driving the dirty lifted truck down the highway. Cool points go to the lifted truck option for being able to load it up and get to some really cool camping spots that I would never take my current truck into. So i think it really depends on what you are looking to do with the truck vs RZR.
At this point in my life I have two little kids and often don't have time to be gone all weekend but my daughter and I can load the RZR up and go for a ride and be back in time for dinner so it makes more sense for me right now but before I had kids I had a blast loading my lifted truck up and going wheeling and camping for the weekend!

Right now I'm down to only one vehicle, but I can't complain considering I'm getting close to 25mpg out of it.
It has to be the ugliest car Mercedes ever made though!
cd30c6e9ba7a1517109796c6748860c3.jpg

I really miss these two though. I love Chevy's and I feel the need to add another to the mix.
4e93e8bec1c5aeb0e1adf24d47f6d6c5.jpg

Am i the only one staring at the scenery of our mountain-folk here, rather than their rides? Man, I do miss those mountains... just breath-taking.

I love Colorado. I spent the weekend working in Westcliffe. Driving back home I saw this view towards Westcliffe in my rear view mirror and had to stop for a photo...

108A5029-1200.jpg

This was the view from our balcony this morning. Pikes Peak at sunrise...

108A5037-1200.jpg

I love Colorado. I spent the weekend working in Westcliffe. Driving back home I saw this view towards Westcliffe in my rear view mirror and had to stop for a photo...

108A5029-1200.jpg

This was the view from our balcony this morning. Pikes Peak at sunrise...

108A5037-1200.jpg

Awesome photos!
Yeah, I have been in CO for 11 years now and I still have to just stop and admirer the mountains from time to time!

108A5029-1200.jpg

Some years back while I was still living in Montana, we drove over to the east side of the state for an antelope hunt. The picture you took above reminds me of the view we had on our way back as we were approaching the Divide. Just beautiful Lars.

Back