For me the gso 6 is the best blade I own
I also like other high quality blades from other companies
Here are my four favorite from other brands:
1- 9'+ big chopper FFBM from Busse
2- 6-9 fehrman knives first strike
3- 4-6 fiddleback production duke
4- 4- becker bk24

What about you guys ?

Some blades that used to get a lot of use, but now that the sk4.7 is here will no longer get any.

Dogwood Hawkins 4.5" blade 1/8" cpm 154
Dogwood echo 5, 4" blade 3/32" 01
Just received Adventure Sworn Guide knife, pretty sweet so far.

Becker knives
Busse knives
Buck knives
Zero Tolerance knives
and now waiting on my 2 GSO 6s.

Carothers field knife and light chopper
Ben Tendick BDU in 80CRV2
Bark Rivwr
Hinderer flippers
Chris Reeve Sebenza
ZT flippers
Dozier
Blind Horse/Battle Horse

Last edited:
As far as fixed? It's hard for me to buy stuff other than Survive and Busse (INFI). There's a Russian company Ros Arms - they make a "Baby" knife that is pretty sweet (one of my top favorites). I really like my Medford Emperor too - what a stupid fat chunk of stubby awesomeness! Hard to see hows it's practical (imho) but you feel more manly holding it (at least i do :) )

Folders? I EDC:
Hinderer XM18
CRK Small 21 UG
Brous Reloader
Kershaw CF/S30V Skyline (currently in my pocket)
Boker CF/VG10 Kwaiken
Buck/Strider 882

I also have a Strider SNG which I really like, but I don't carry/use it

edit: I forgot my Spyderco blue CF domino & dice! Great blades!

Last edited:
For me, I'm hoping to transition to Survive! for my hunting knives, but being fairly new to the company, haven't had a chance to use my 5.1 or 4.1 yet. The 3.5 on pre-order should work particularly well in that role.

I still have my full set of "pretty" Bark River hunting knives. I have a classic drop point hunter, fox river, and kalahari, all in really cool pinecone handles.
Once Bark River started to make more models in Elmax or similar stainless steels, I was on board. The kalahari is the only one in non-stainless (A2).
I keep them around for when I go hunting with clients and want to impress someone with looks.

Otherwise, my third string are my trusty Fallknivens: F1 & H1. (I'd still like to try the PHK)

Folders are mainly spyderco with an occasional GEC or opinel to mix things up.

Last edited:
Just ordered my first friction folder by Daniel Fairly - very excited for that one. I really like his design aesthetic on his folders. Also we are going to do a collaboration on knives with my handles in the next few weeks. I'm a big fan of his stuff.

Lots of great selection there guys
I still think that it's hard to beat survive knives for the quality and price

This thread is useless without pics.

P1040658.JPG

P1040666.JPG

P1040668.JPG

P1040945.JPG

P1040589.JPG

P1040106.JPG

P1040102.JPG

P1040929.JPG

P1040930.JPG

P1040317.JPG

P1030742.JPG

P1010419.JPG

P1020703.JPG

P1050165.JPG

P1020691.JPG

P1050160.JPG

P1020438.JPG

P1020173.JPG

P1050109.JPG

P1050115.JPG

P1050098.JPG

P1050107.JPG

Although I must admit, some of these are less used than others and need to go on the market, some are already gone...

Last edited:
I find the lack of pictures unsettling. :D

Aside from the 3.5 which is unquestionably my favorite small fixed blade, here are a few others.

I carry different folders from Benchmade,ZT and Spyderco with some slippies such as OT,Case and some Bokers.
I have a handful of Bark Rivers for hunting but my 5" fixed bladed Case is my fav.

k

h

Last edited:

Here are some of my most used blades. The skyline is an extra, the one I use is in the truck. Sorry for the lighting.

Rodger, such a great idea. I've wanted a thread like this for a looooong time! I think I could learn a lot and I'm really interested to see what other S! enthusiasts value in design and function in other brands.

And YES pics are life. We thrive on pics.

The bk9 was my first real knife. The GSO 5 is my grail. The M8 is so unique and so beastly and so different from anything Guy would design.

Benchmade Folders... Love the new Hunt line..
Bark River.. Fixed
AKG9T7.jpg

Here is a partial photo I took of some of my others.. .

h8l81.jpg

and since we are sharing photos.. here is a treat for ya.. a prototype I worked on..
m7ii.jpg

Cold One, your modded bk9! Nice! And you have a bundok, how do you like it?

Hunter, there isn't the best history between SURVIVE! and Ambush. Did you know it's a little bit of a sensitive subject?

I find the lack of pictures unsettling. :D

Aside from the 3.5 which is unquestionably my favorite small fixed blade, here are a few others.

I sure like the looks of that small Laconico blade. I always did drool when I would google 'kephart' and see one of Ray's on bladeforums. Nice bunch of steel there man.

Back