Suzanne, email ? about blade covers

Suzanne, did you happen to get my email or phone message about your blade covers for your tomahawks? Just in case, I'll pose the question again here:

I was wondering about puchasing your Rainier Scout blade cover for my tomahawk as it is the smallest blade cover you offer (RS has a 3" blade). However, my tomahawk is not one of yours. I had it custom made by Mark Williams. Its blade is 2.5" wide. I was wondering, from the attached picture do you think that the RS blade cover would fit ok considering the shape of my blade?

ryandesign.jpg

Thanks v-man. I designed it as an heirloom that I can pass on to my children (probably oldest son) when my wife and I start having them. My family doesn't have any traditions like that, so I thought I'd start one.

But anyway, is Suzanne not hanging around here? Like I said, I tried to call her and sent an email, but got no response. I'm just trying to figure out of that small blade cover will fit mine adequately. Does anybody have a Rainier Scout w/ cover that might be able to offer an opinion?

FSCJedi,

Sorry for the delay in answering your email so I'll answer the question here.

What I'd probably do is have you trace the blade and we'll make a custom blade cover. If I stained it antique brown it would really match your hawk which, by the way, is a beautiful piece.

Again, to everyone, sorry for delays in answreing. My daughter was fishing with her friend and slipped stepping over a log. She fell back on it in a sitting position (normally a good thing so that you don't hit the ground) but landed on a spike of a broken branch. Needless to say, it hurt but the bad part was that even after the ER visit and x-rays and a CAT scan they couldn't tell that there was a piece of the branch still in the wound on the back of her thigh. She got a clostridium bacteria infection and had I not gotten her back to the hospital on Thursday (3 weeks ago) she would've died by Saturday because the infection was in the wound and her bloodstream. A week in the hospital and then a week recuperating and she's up and running. They couldn't close the wound because of the infection so I've spent the past couple weeks packing it daily. Fortunately it's almost healed completely and she has finished all her anitbiotics and gotten a clean bill of health. It hasn't deterred her from still wanting to go fishing but she'll wear her shoes and not take them off to walk through the muddy banks of the lake.

So sorry for all the non-response. I've just been slammed this summer. Anyone who needs me, post here, email or call. We're back on track.

Suzanne, I'll try to get tracing out to you this week. I'm glad you think you can match the color. I honestly hadn't even thought about that! Thanks for the compliment! I may have designed it, but Mark deserves the credit for making it a reality. You should know, though, that I'm looking at yours and anxiously awaiting this pipe hawk we are all hearing about!

that's a beautiful hawk!!! care to pm or email me the details and price. I've been looking at that style of hawk for a while, but either can't afford what I like, or don't like what I can afford... :)

Redsnake1997 said:
that's a beautiful hawk!!! care to pm or email me the details and price. I've been looking at that style of hawk for a while, but either can't afford what I like, or don't like what I can afford... :)
Do a forum member search for Mark Williams. He's the smith that made mine and has a link to his homepage in his info. I designed the whole hawk from start to finish, and while Mark and I changed a few things about the design due to difficulties and astetics, he made it just as I requested. The price, on the other hand, is our little secret. He did tell me, though, that if he'd had made it himself (w/o me designing it), it'd be in the upwards price range of Lonnie Hansen's tomahawks, just to give you an idea. He said he had quite a few custom orders after he took it, and just it, to a blade show. So many, in fact, that he said he probably wouldn't be taking custom orders for a while. However, you can still ask. He did just move, though, so he's probably still getting his shop back up and running.

Suzanne. I put the head tracing in the mail today. You should have it middle of next week, I figure. Thanks again!

P.S. I forgot to mention this in my letter, but can I get the flap and snap on the opposite side of the blade cover (opposite of what the picture on your site shows)? I generally keep my hawk tucked in to my belt on the left side and draw with my right, so I think it'd be easier to remove the cover with my left hand if the snap was on the left side of the face.

Suzanne, did you get my letter with the head tracing yet? I haven't heard anything from you, so I thought I'd ask. If you've gotten it, then I'd like to go ahead and place an order for it.

I did get the tracing and it won't be difficult at all. It'll run $25 and includes shipping. Should we do it in the antique brown?

I did get the tracing and it won't be difficult at all. It'll run $25 and includes shipping. Should we do it in the antique brown?
Great! I'm happy to hear that. If that's the brown you were talking about that would best match the leather on my haft, then yes. How should I pay you? Over the phone?

Also, do you think it could be done and shipped before Oct. 6th? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready to switch companies and I would have it sent to my home so I can pick it up while I'm home during the 6th through the 9th.

Suzanne, just me checking in again about the blade cover you said could be made. Any chance of getting it before Christmas?

Hey there, sorry about getting back to you so slowly. We've been in blade cover hell. :D

Your cover should go out on Monday or Tuesday. One question, I believe we discussed the color of antique brown to kind of match the leather on the handle - is that correct? And actually, I'm checking because I think I have the Cordova brown that will match that photo even better but want to verify that the colors above are pretty true? It'll defintely be beautiful.

Hey there, sorry about getting back to you so slowly. We've been in blade cover hell. :D

Your cover should go out on Monday or Tuesday. One question, I believe we discussed the color of antique brown to kind of match the leather on the handle - is that correct? And actually, I'm checking because I think I have the Cordova brown that will match that photo even better but want to verify that the colors above are pretty true? It'll defintely be beautiful.
Yes, we talked about antique at first, but the picture is as if you are looking at it in person. The colors match practically 100%. If you think you have a brown dye that will match better, then by all means use that one! :)

How can I pay you for it, Suzanne? Send you my card info by email (separate emails, of course)? What info do you need?

I can't wait to get it, but I'll have to wait until I get my hawk back from Mark before I can see how well the sheath will fit! I just sent it out to him today for some minor fixes (wobbly head and whatnot). Hopefully I'll get it back while I'm home over Christmas. Right now my hawk just has a makeshift cardboard cover. haha

Go ahead and send 2 emails, 1st one with 1st 8 digits of CC # and 2nd with last 8 + expiration info. and include the CVV code on back (3-digits after last four). I'll email you back with the total including shipping.

Emails sent! Thanks Suzanne! Glad you all are gettin' back on track after evreything that's been going on!

Suzanne, I meant to ask you in my emails to either email me back or post on here when you get ready to mail out my cover so I can verify which address I gave you. Thanks! Can't wait to get it!

Just checking in, Suzanne. Haven't gotten an email yet. Everything on schedule?

Back