Svord Golok

In co-operation with ausjulius and Brian Baker we have now the first svord custom made golok.
It has a total lenght of 43 cm/16,92 inch, a blade lenght of 28 cm/11,02 inch, the handle is 15 cm/5,9 cm long, the thickness of the blade is 3,13 cm/1,23 and the thickness of the handle is 18 mm/7,08inch and the weight is 400gr.
Here the Pictures, l will look for a review soon.

Golok_sheat_2.jpg

what do you think ?

Svord is for the moment a bit pricey for me , what I can get in AUs anyway , but I have heard nothing but good things about them .

I think it looks good , really good , I am seriously interested to know how it performs .

I always wanted to wrangle a svor peasant knife..but can't seem to find one I'll be starting the knifemaking game soon so I might try to make my own...Do like that golok though

It has a total lenght of 43 cm/16,92 inch, a blade lenght of 28 cm/11,02 inch, the handle is 15 cm/5,9 cm long, the thickness of the blade is 3,13 cm/1,23 and the thickness of the handle is 18 mm/7,08inch and the weight is 400gr.

Are you telling me the blade is over an inch thick and the handle over seven inches thick?

I have no idea what 400 gr equates to in American measurements.

That looks like a nice, useful implement. I'd gladly have one. It would make a great trapline tool. I really appreciate my old ex-army golok, but this one looks much better.

I've often looked at the Svord knives here in the shops. I'd generally say that they are amongst the highest-quality knives I've seen for sale. A lot of guys here in New Zealand hunt pigs with dogs and knives, and I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of them carried a Svord for the job. I noticed that my keen pig-hunting neighbor had a Svord sticking knife on his belt.

I, too, like the idea of the Svord peasant knife. I'm just bothered by the thought that the protruding thumb lever would make a hole in my pocket (like many of the other pocket knives I've carried). So I could carry it in a sheath on my belt.... but then, I may as well have a small fixed blade knife in a sheath. But having said that, I feel mightily inclined to purchase one. Simple and rugged.... and all I would need for a vast majority of my knife work.

Definitely good knives.

Are you telling me the blade is over an inch thick and the handle over seven inches thick?

I have no idea what 400 gr equates to in American measurements.

Oh, excuse me please.., there was a mistake ;) Of course is the thicknesss of the blade 0,123 inch and of the handle 0,708 inch and 14,10 oz is also correct.

The Golok will not come in a mass production. Svord is a very little company, but with some very interesting Knives.

Jenni

I like the looks of it.

Is the edge of the blade straight? The grind line looks a bit... well.. not straight, is that the intention?

Great looking sheath/scabbard too. I really like the snap they used on the retention strap much better than a traditional button snap.

hi, yes its straight, it´s might be the photographie .
also the open end of the sheath this is because we know most of the user will be cutting pine trees with it :S , these trees are full of sap and this sap can actualy glue your knife into its sheath! :O also other tree saps can cause rust. this open end is still safe and makes cleaning the sheath so much easier.

:D, yeah same !

..the golok is on the way to be tested in Canada, i guess i will get a interesting review....

When the soft back draw is done. Try to keep the forward motion from the handle out to the tip a bit slower and make that nice and even across the spine. The one done on that knife is wavy and not concistently flowing across the spine.
The little things really do count.

Got a video of it cutting paper yet? I like to see how knives cut:D.

Other than that is it looks like a nice looking golok:thumbup:

Bryan

Looks okay but I can get a Condor Golok for about $180 cheaper, seems a bit pricey for what Goloks are !

I'm really tempted by the Condor Pack Golok, smaller blade than their standard model but looks a damn handy little tool !

60025.jpg

Back