Svord Peasant Liner Lock

That is really cool. I like it.
Svord did quite a few variations on the peasant a few years back which are not on their website now. One was 12c27 steel in the blades. There were also different blade shapes.
I was busy at the time and put off getting the stainless version. I kick myself for that now.
I'm assuming that is from that time.
I have the feeling that it might be NOS as well...

I have a couple of Svord friction folders. I like them fine the way they are. The addition of a liner lock strikes me as a step backward.

Last edited:
I have a couple of Svord friction folders. I like them fine the way they are. The addition of a liner lock strikes me as a step backward.

They'd fit in the pocket better. But I'd have to handle one to pass judgement.

I like Svord Peasants quite a lot. I carried one every day for years at work in a clipped pocket pouch, very often in the back pocket. I was standing much of the day (machinist) and they were quite unobtrusive like that. They are excellent work knives.

I've been retired since July and I don't carry my Svord as much. Been looking around on the internet for a better, prettier pocket pouch and that might be the answer.
I wouldn't mind seeing if the liner lock iteration was good.

I hate to get a nice pouch which costs more than the knife itself, and I wish Svord made a peasant in between the mini and the micro in size.

Agreed. The exposed tang and the folding action is exactly what I wanted it for. Super cool to have received the liner lock variant but it seems unnecessary; to that end, I still would like KnifeCenter to provide me with the original. Friction folders are what brought me to this forum, don't see my allegiances changing any time soon.

Agreed. The exposed tang and the folding action is exactly what I wanted it for. Super cool to have received the liner lock variant but it seems unnecessary; to that end, I still would like KnifeCenter to provide me with the original. Friction folders are what brought me to this forum, don't see my allegiances changing any time soon.
Have you contacted the KnifeCenter? Any corrective action?

I would like to try one of the Svord Peasants with the opaque polycarb handles. Availability seems to be spotty though:

EaM7tRu.jpg

It's really neat that you got a unique or unusual piece, but yeah, I agree, I'd rather just have the original for carry and use. I hope knifeCenter is cool about it. Please let us know how that turns out.

I will go out on a limb here and say that this polycarb handle looks actually pretty cool. I don't know if Svörd has taken the extra step to shim correctly their scales to parallel (they didn't and they really should....). The pointy pommel still is a pain, though, but hey if I'm the only one hurt....

I will go out on a limb here and say that this polycarb handle looks actually pretty cool. I don't know if Svörd has taken the extra step to shim correctly their scales to parallel (they didn't and they really should....). The pointy pommel still is a pain, though, but hey if I'm the only one hurt....
If everything was designed and tooled correctly, shimming should not be necessary.

It seems you missed out on the first Peasants... With no shims at the pommel end, the whole action was amazingly silly. Some people lauded the "auto-locking in closed position" effect. Fiddlesticks ! It was just poor engineering. While the L6 steel on my Peasant was an absolute delight, the conception of the knife was very (very) poor. Sorry, Bryan Baker, I admire your "no frills" approach of knives but the "not parallel" Peasant was a joke.

It seems you missed out on the first Peasants... With no shims at the pommel end, the whole action was amazingly silly. Some people lauded the "auto-locking in closed position" effect. Fiddlesticks ! It was just poor engineering. While the L6 steel on my Peasant was an absolute delight, the conception of the knife was very (very) poor. Sorry, Bryan Baker, I admire your "no frills" approach of knives but the "not parallel" Peasant was a joke.
Shims?

Not sure what you mean. Do I have only "first peasants"?

Shims at the pommel end to compensate the thickness of the blade at the pivot end... Mine (and others) had none. Not sure I can find pictures. The thing looked quite miserable.

Shims at the pommel end to compensate the thickness of the blade at the pivot end... Mine (and others) had none. Not sure I can find pictures. The thing looked quite miserable.

Hmmmm. Mine had nothing like that. I bought a few at the time to mod.

There was a "fix" online to put an o-ring on the screw at the pommel end to stop the blade from hitting it and to stop the scales from compressing when the knife was squeezed in the hand while open. Also made them more parallel, although thats's not an issue to me.

Interesting that they apparently supplied them with some kind of shim eventually.
Thanks.

None of mine have shims at the pommel end, and none of the scales are parallel when I have the knife adjusted the way I like. I consider it a feature, not a bug. It has never occurred to me to wonder how the knife might work if it were shimmed out. Maybe I will give it a try.

None of mine have shims at the pommel end, and none of the scales are parallel when I have the knife adjusted the way I like. I consider it a feature, not a bug. It has never occurred to me to wonder how the knife might work if it were shimmed out. Maybe I will give it a try.

The one from me has an o-ring.

Back