Swabbie mods

Just received my Swabbie from UPS

Wow, Mine has a serious warp(bend, curve) in the blade

I'm going to call Ka bar

Any of you other swabbie owners have a big warp to your blade?

The warp (bend) is pretty much in the middle of the belly and the tip. Kinda warped in two directions like a potato chip

Last edited:
Thinking of picking one up and moding it as you did... how does it chop? How bout clearing like say vines and general more machete use?

I just received my replacement Swabbie, ups,
Looks like they sent me back the exact same warped blade. Real noticeable bent at the tip(about 1") and edge is just slightly cupped to one side

Oh well, the tip is getting ground off anyway. Ill take about 1 1/4" off the tip, its very thin anyways. I'll work with it

Just wondered If any other Swabbie owners noticed a curve/ bend tip and forward edge?
Maybe they are all like this...

I just received my replacement Swabbie, ups,
Looks like they sent me back the exact same warped blade. Real noticeable bent at the tip(about 1") and edge is just slightly cupped to one side

Oh well, the tip is getting ground off anyway. Ill take about 1 1/4" off the tip, its very thin anyways. I'll work with it

Just wondered If any other Swabbie owners noticed a curve/ bend tip and forward edge?
Maybe they are all like this...
I just came across this thread and it's a little late but when I got a problem with a Kabar I always email pics of the defect before sending the blade in, that way I don't waste shipping if they feel it's within tolerance. But yours sounds like a shipping/receiving switcharoo mistake, mine was not bent at all and the grinds were usual +-<5 dips. I know couple months late, but

Here's mine
IMG_1178_2.jpg

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.

I've had some time to use my modded swabbie and I'm going to make a few more updates.

It really needs the bump in the handle smoothed down a bunch. I can put my hand in front of it for fine tasks but it's not comfortable to chop with. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

I might buy another swabbie to mod differently.

I sprayed the blade and grip with WD40. Made it look new in photos.

I was asked how it chops, pretty good overall. It breezes through green limbs up to about 3/4". The FFG likes to slice and will deflect if your not paying attention. I'd love this blade with a high saber grind like the parangatang or the BK9.

However for $46 it was a fun project.

Last edited:
Back