Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

So I can guess you've never heard of the Vex? or the quite a few other Bussekin that have no choil?

More ripped from the web (will remove on request):

hogmuk05.jpg

cabs_lg.jpg

NWBabySARGreen5.jpg

SR101 is fine. The absolute perfect Bussekin knife would be the RMD without a choil. But all the Bussekin companies are positively incapable of producing choiless knives.
.....come in mate, grab a stump, sit down, enjoy the company and learn a little about the whole range of Busse and Co blades that are out there... :)

Cheers.

Andy

.....come in mate, grab a stump, sit down, enjoy the company and learn a little about the whole range of Busse and Co blades that are out there... :)

Cheers.

Andy

^ This...

But what Andy failed to mention was to lock up your wallet and credit cards. Otherwise you might end up with 2,565 ASHs like him :D

Sar 5, the most under rated of the Sar series! Ugly but so nice at the same time.

Another choiless from the start is the Busse and Scrap Yard Muk's

The Anorexic BOSS street had a choil free option as well, oh! Tank Buster had that option, as well as the BOSS Jacks!

With the ASHBM having a choil free option you really have all the bases covered, if you look hard enough you'll find a choil free Game Warden and Active Duty from the apprentice line. Those were sweet.

Heh....you guys made me look like a peckerwood jackass! :D Ok, I take it back. However, I do stand behind my assertion that the RMD would be the absolute perfect knife if it was choiless! Man I wish they would make that happen. That handle is the most comfortable grip I've ever felt in a knife like that.

Look at the SAR 5, honestly its a very similar profile and a very comfy handle, and a good price point as well.

Best yet, no choil. :) and no talon hole guard to bump into while sharpening, that I do like the most.

Why you no like choils? What choils ever do to you?

:thumbup: That was funny!!

I love a good well thought out rounded choil with good room for a finger and comfortable.

But choils are really hit or miss with me. I have ran into lots of them that just are not comfortable or dig into the finger when choking up on the knife.

The RMD and Chopweiler both have excellent choils.

I remember that! It was good meeting you on your way through the gorge during your trek.

The original Howler sure does make a great impression. Having owned and sold several, I will never be without one again. So much function for so little cost (money, weight, etc). Good luck in your search for one!

That get-together at River-8's place was full of Bussekin goodness!

I like the RatManDeux LE. A good size, well balance, all-round utility/light survival/tactical blade, with a beautiful convex edge. Just need a good kydex sheath. One gripe, wish it had come with some coating like DLC... SR101 is great but stained/rust a bit too easily... always had a fear of rust developing in the exposed tang beneath the micarta scales...

I can't speak for under the slabs, but try a forced patina? Vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, steak sauce? I put one on with mustard, then lightly sanded with a scotch brite pad and another mustard coating on her.

I like the RatManDeux LE. A good size, well balance, all-round utility/light survival/tactical blade, with a beautiful convex edge. Just need a good kydex sheath. One gripe, wish it had come with some coating like DLC... SR101 is great but stained/rust a bit too easily... always had a fear of rust developing in the exposed tang beneath the micarta scales...

That is the reason I almost always go with coated blades then remove the coating from the blade portion as I see fit.

Back