Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Perfect, thank you much for the input. My hope is that the steel heart is pretty much a busse grade ratweiler with the potential for a more comfy handle. And, dare I day, a little better looking. Should a be a nice pair.

As well as you like the Ratweiler you might consider a Rat Mastiff. Exact same handle. Also, don't overlook the NMSFNO from Busse. I believe it's an 8" blade. Great knife.

GSeTloQ.jpg

Holy smokes somebody grab that satin Crash Axe that just hit the EX. Just bought a Regulator, must....resist....

Dave - that thang is Bad to the Bone. I sicced bikerector bikerector on it.

That one popped up afterwards. There's a crash rat and rattle hawk listed. I kind of wish busse would go a little less combat edition a hawk. I try not to do spikes for fear of hurting myself. The really long edge though... nice.

There may or may not be a busse of a bushwacker variety I'm looking into in the same area of the forum. It's an interesting night in that area of the exchange. A very well priced RMD slipped through too.

That one popped up afterwards. There's a crash rat and rattle hawk listed. I kind of wish busse would go a little less combat edition a hawk. I try not to do spikes for fear of hurting myself. The really long edge though... nice.

There may or may not be a busse of a bushwacker variety I'm looking into in the same area of the forum. It's an interesting night in that area of the exchange. A very well priced RMD slipped through too.
Yep - are you referring to that RMD LE?

Yep - are you referring to that RMD LE?

It was in the same thread that the crash rat was in. Barely a Benjamin. There's also a battle rat in there.

The exchange is flooded with deals right now.

It was in the same thread that the crash rat was in. Barely a Benjamin. There's also a battle rat in there.

The exchange is flooded with deals right now.
Buy low/sell for a slight profit. I think some guys might be trying to generate some Christmas funding to buy presents.

I tend to agree. I ordered a loggerhead shrike from RMJ last run that is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: On the other hand, I've had a kill devil and a rattlehawk but not a crash rat. I don't ever recall having seen one in satin either. If it had a sheath I wouldn't be able to resist.

Buy low/sell for a slight profit. I think some guys might be trying to generate some Christmas funding to buy presents.

I'm not familiar enough with what these things usually go for to try and turn a little profit on them. I have thought that would be interesting but my "discretionary investing" usually goes elsewhere lately.

I wonder if, The Boss could make this outta Infi?

Bolt a scrofa onto a pole?

I've not owned a brush axe but I've wanted to try one. My hardware stores don't have then and shipping is a killer. I beat the heck of a manual weed chopper thing instead. I used it to help clear up some of my trails this year for the "wide path" sections and around the lumber camp.

21uJTZzKj7L.jpg

BE - I've used your weed whip and the hand cicle. MANY a time. (we had a small hillside on one part of our property growing up) we also had a sythe.
They'll make a man out of you for sure.

BE - I've used your weed whip and the hand cicle. MANY a time. (we had a small hillside on one part of our property growing up) we also had a sythe.
They'll make a man out of you for sure.

I've never used a scythe but we thought the weed whip was a blast as a kid. A little destruction mixed in with physical exertion, little boy paradise... never really grew out of that phase.

I've never used a scythe but we thought the weed whip was a blast as a kid. A little destruction mixed in with physical exertion, little boy paradise... never really grew out of that phase.
Yea, there was a time in my life when I hated those tools, now I love them. There's nothing like a well-sharpened tool doing it's thing. It could be an axe, pruners, loppers, machete, or a big ol CHOPPER.

Finally got some time for some hiking this weekend after some illness detours and then working through work nonsense. It seems like I have another wood hungry rodent chewing on my turf.

9BWWSj9l.jpg

wq5lz2kl.jpg

X4ceoHRl.jpg

I'm really curious where this guy is dragging these off to. Not sure how far beavers drag sticks around but I didn't see anything downstream during the hike. Maybe when things freeze over again I'll do some more investigating downstream and into the wetter parts of the area that are hard to traverse during the warmer months. It's been an odd fall and winter so far, snow on Halloween and rain on Christmas and New Year. Can't say I hate the warmer weather given the bug I had the past 2 weeks.

Back