Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Sounds good BE. Just think, you get to live your childhood again. Do me one favor, when you take Jack fishing for the first time, but him a simple, two-piece cane pole. It's the simplest means of fishing there is and it's a lot of fun.
Maybe you could whittle him a knife outta wood this winter?

I like where your head is at. :thumbsup:

I think it's been nearly a year since my last new Bussekin (DS8,) but the drought is about to end as a Chopweiler will be headed my way soon!

Very excited to finally get my hands on one and see what they're all about. :D

I think it's been nearly a year since my last new Bussekin (DS8,) but the drought is about to end as a Chopweiler will be headed my way soon!

I saw that, nice snag. I think one of those is in my future, just to compare to my ratweiler. They're such a great size and the handles are pretty sweet.

Congrats and the acquisition!

I saw that, nice snag. I think one of those is in my future, just to compare to my ratweiler. They're such a great size and the handles are pretty sweet.

Congrats and the acquisition!

Thanks mate, definitely the Rat I've lusted after the longest. Will post up some pics after it lands.

I would have had that one had you not !!!! I love DP blades over all others and a Choppy is the one that has eluded me thus far !

Nice! Nothing I have from any maker feels better in-hand than the Chopweiler :thumbsup:

I would have had that one had you not !!!! I love DP blades over all others and a Choppy is the one that has eluded me thus far !

Ha, better luck next time, I wasn't egg-zactly quick on the draw there. :)

Have actually watched a few come and go lately, but this one looked like a perfect user. :thumbsup:

I left the ratweiler at home today as I had all intentions of taking the axe and saw to a couple dead trees and converting them into logs. But, the ice wasn't as bad I thought on the log bridges so I decided to take an adlib adventure instead. I had the 1311 thinking I would need to clear around the trees to get around with the axe and saw so I had everything I needed to make some trails.

I didn't get the camera out for the first activity that would've really been the only piece the ratweiler would've gotten use on, sharpening up a branch to make a stabilizer to grab onto next to the log bridge. But I think there are a few nice winter pics.

First small downed tree that got some busse kin treatment. There was another a little bigger that I got the axe and saw out for as it was tied up into some other tree tops but I missed that photo op. That 1311 in black on black is pretty stealthy in the pictures.
aItFlPnl.jpg

MIvBGSIl.jpg

Just a view of some of the stuff I was working through.
nOULZODl.jpg

When I almost got myself into too much adventuring. Thank goodness for waterproof hiking boots
eRaD0HZl.jpg

37hP1q1l.jpg

It made a nice photo op of Michigan winter though
zGDruEIl.jpg

6jLOPQhl.jpg

The heavy workers of the day. That marbles trail machete sheath is a really nice fit for the 1311 if you're looking for a breathable sheath on the cheap. Pockets is are a plus. I'll have to see about modding the 311 sheath into one of them.
pnzXCWNl.jpg

GREAT PICS BE! I love the way you take us along with you. I'll bet your Ratweiler was pouting while you were gone. Don't be surprised if she bites you next time out. :)

GREAT PICS BE! I love the way you take us along with you. I'll bet your Ratweiler was pouting while you were gone. Don't be surprised if she bites you next time out. :)

If my next picture set involves stitches, I will be blaming you for putting such a thing into it's head. I'll be sure to baton such thoughts out of it's mind before getting too far from the house. I did get a couple logs for the return trip of the last outing.

If my next picture set involves stitches, I will be blaming you for putting such a thing into it's head. I'll be sure to baton such thoughts out of it's mind before getting too far from the house. I did get a couple logs for the return trip of the last outing.
Hey....I ain't the one who ignored her and left her home. She's got a mind of her own. She wasn't none too happy when I traded her off to you. o_O

Hey....I ain't the one who ignored her and left her home. She's got a mind of her own. She wasn't none too happy when I traded her off to you. o_O
But you know something, you've prolly given her a better home than I could of. You give her lots of outdoor time and all the wood she can eat.

But you know something, you've prolly given her a better home than I could of. You give her lots of outdoor time and all the wood she can eat.

I try to. I see the beaver that was eating up the trees around my trail has stopped so we must have scared them off. I don't know if they chew trees, let them die, and then finish the job but it he waits too long the weiler will get a nice dinner one evening.

Oh man, oh man, oh man!!! :D

zxus77.jpg

Sort of crappy pic but I wanted to put something up. Pretty excited over here. Handle doesn't disappoint, feels amazing to hold. Plan to put it to use later today whenever I get through this bogus work stuff lol. :thumbsup:

zxus77.jpg

Sort of crappy pic but I wanted to put something up. Pretty excited over here. Handle doesn't disappoint, feels amazing to hold. Plan to put it to use later today whenever I get through this bogus work stuff lol. :thumbsup:

Very nice! I see you like that 7-8" size range as well. It seems like it can do a lot of work in a little, relative, package.

zxus77.jpg

Ya brother! I've been waiting to see your thoughts on it, glad you like it so far :thumbsup:

Back