1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Uncle Timbo, Sep 7, 2014.

1. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I like where your head is at. :thumbsup:

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  2. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I think it's been nearly a year since my last new Bussekin (DS8,) but the drought is about to end as a Chopweiler will be headed my way soon!

Very excited to finally get my hands on one and see what they're all about. :D

Hard Knocks likes this.
  3. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I saw that, nice snag. I think one of those is in my future, just to compare to my ratweiler. They're such a great size and the handles are pretty sweet.

Congrats and the acquisition!

4. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Thanks mate, definitely the Rat I've lusted after the longest. Will post up some pics after it lands.

bikerector likes this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I would have had that one had you not !!!! I love DP blades over all others and a Choppy is the one that has eluded me thus far !

6. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice! Nothing I have from any maker feels better in-hand than the Chopweiler :thumbsup:

7. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Ha, better luck next time, I wasn't egg-zactly quick on the draw there. :)

Have actually watched a few come and go lately, but this one looked like a perfect user. :thumbsup:

8. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Yeah, that rep is a big part of why I had to have one. Currently the BME2 wears that crown for me, but we'll see.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  9. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I left the ratweiler at home today as I had all intentions of taking the axe and saw to a couple dead trees and converting them into logs. But, the ice wasn't as bad I thought on the log bridges so I decided to take an adlib adventure instead. I had the 1311 thinking I would need to clear around the trees to get around with the axe and saw so I had everything I needed to make some trails.

I didn't get the camera out for the first activity that would've really been the only piece the ratweiler would've gotten use on, sharpening up a branch to make a stabilizer to grab onto next to the log bridge. But I think there are a few nice winter pics.

First small downed tree that got some busse kin treatment. There was another a little bigger that I got the axe and saw out for as it was tied up into some other tree tops but I missed that photo op. That 1311 in black on black is pretty stealthy in the pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a view of some of the stuff I was working through.
    [​IMG]

When I almost got myself into too much adventuring. Thank goodness for waterproof hiking boots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It made a nice photo op of Michigan winter though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The heavy workers of the day. That marbles trail machete sheath is a really nice fit for the 1311 if you're looking for a breathable sheath on the cheap. Pockets is are a plus. I'll have to see about modding the 311 sheath into one of them.
    [​IMG]

Uncle Timbo, inkynate and Hard Knocks like this.
  10. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Nice! Sounds like the 1311 is working for ya. I'm still rocking the Marbles sheath for my 1311 as well.

Uncle Timbo and bikerector like this.
  11. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    GREAT PICS BE! I love the way you take us along with you. I'll bet your Ratweiler was pouting while you were gone. Don't be surprised if she bites you next time out. :)

12. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    If my next picture set involves stitches, I will be blaming you for putting such a thing into it's head. I'll be sure to baton such thoughts out of it's mind before getting too far from the house. I did get a couple logs for the return trip of the last outing.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  13. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Hey....I ain't the one who ignored her and left her home. She's got a mind of her own. She wasn't none too happy when I traded her off to you. o_O

bikerector likes this.
  14. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    But you know something, you've prolly given her a better home than I could of. You give her lots of outdoor time and all the wood she can eat.

15. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I try to. I see the beaver that was eating up the trees around my trail has stopped so we must have scared them off. I don't know if they chew trees, let them die, and then finish the job but it he waits too long the weiler will get a nice dinner one evening.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  16. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Don't beaver tails make nice sheaths? :D

17. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I've considered setting a few traps around, but I have a few too many projects on my plate for now. In about a month... we shall revisit this idea.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  18. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Oh man, oh man, oh man!!! :D

[​IMG]

Sort of crappy pic but I wanted to put something up. Pretty excited over here. Handle doesn't disappoint, feels amazing to hold. Plan to put it to use later today whenever I get through this bogus work stuff lol. :thumbsup:

Uncle Timbo and bikerector like this.
  19. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Very nice! I see you like that 7-8" size range as well. It seems like it can do a lot of work in a little, relative, package.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  20. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Ya brother! I've been waiting to see your thoughts on it, glad you like it so far :thumbsup:

Uncle Timbo and inkynate like this.