1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Uncle Timbo, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    That cleaned up that old Plumb pretty good!

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  2. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Here's one for @JACKMANDU

Doesn't seem to get a ton of recognition, but my RMD LE has basically been relegated to back-up status since the JMD landed. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I etched the logo a while back and half the letters have turned black. :confused:

No worries, just adds more character. :D

Hard Knocks and Uncle Timbo like this.
  3. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Yeah that tanker wears nice!

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  4. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    How bout CHATMANDU

Uncle Timbo and inkynate like this.
  5. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Ha, works for me.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  6. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Things are starting to warm up in my neck of the woods. I'm getting the Chopping bug. The Chopping itch.
    Either that or I have a rash? :eek:

inkynate likes this.
  7. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice weather here today as well. Are you getting healed up Tim?

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  8. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Hey Dave! Yea, as well as can be expected at this stage of the game. My Doctor FINALLY released me from structured therapy. That means I'm on my own with the exercises at home.
    Could my Infiweiler be considered as a physical therapy tool? :)

9. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Yes, absolutely! :)

10. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Heck yes it is. Have you seen the crossfit with tires and hammers? Same concept, expect one-handed. I suppose you would need to switch arms for "muscle balance" between right and left.

I will admit, I like to find some pretty dead, half-rotted logs out and about on some of my adventures and just beat the snot out of them as my "strength training." I'm not as sure if it's as good for the muscles but it sure is fun. You can throw some wicked big chips. It's a heck of a core workout. My back seems to tire nearly as much as my arm if I get out with the axe so I can really throw the body into it.

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I wish I was in as good a shape as when I was cutting and splitting all of our winter wood supply. A guy doesn't need much gym time doing that and your hands get rock hard.

inkynate, Uncle Timbo and bikerector like this.
  12. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I may have showed this ealier in this thread, but this was setting up a log pile from a downed tree on a local mountain bike trail. I was in better shape last year at that time but wholly smokes it was a good workout. It was fun too, but I was glad to be done when I finished. I rode back out of the trail a bit slower than I rolled in.

I took horrible pictures, I think my forearms were probably shaky as all heck from the work prior to trying to get the images. And, my phone camera isn't good with lighting so I tend to take a lot of the same picture now and select the best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then the random beating of a dead log I found as a test subject for a new busse vs some of my tried and true SYKCO and swamp rats. Arm got a good workout this day as well.
    [​IMG]

And if nothing else, put yourself into the ruse that you need to cut firewood manually... and get a small misery whip. It's less fun but sometimes, you just gotta get those logs cut.
    [​IMG]

inkynate and Hard Knocks like this.
  13. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    Ha! That’s cool, cleared a path right thru that log. I’ve been longing for an Infiwieler. I started looking at the for sale section of the forum. I went back pretty far. I only found a Ratweiler LE in satin sr101. Turns out it was sold and hadn’t been updated. Then I found a SOS and bought that. Lol. Got me a nice smaller knife. Cool edc. So now back on the Infi Ratweiler hunt. You guys know if those came in satin or comp finish?

14. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Not that I wouldn't love an infiweiler, but the recent nano fusion forsaken steel heart is pretty close and easier to find. It might hold you by for a while at least and as they're still being delivered they're circulating the exchange regularly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close enough, this is the steel heart in my ratweiler sheath. It is the thin cut ratweiler.
    [​IMG]

JACKMANDU and inkynate like this.
  15. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I believe those were only offered coated. Pretty sure I would have went satin or comp if it had been available and I know the one I have is coated.

16. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Congrats on the SOS, great little blade.

JACKMANDU likes this.
  17. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    @JACKMANDU

Infi Ratweiler just hit the exchange

18. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    My timing is amazing. Just my luck. Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got a wedding to pay for, so one blade a month will be pushing it. If I start buying 2 a week, the wedding will be off. Lol. Ratweiler search can resume next month. But what if there is a new offering???? Ohhhh the stress of planning a wedding with a Busse addiction!

19. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I hope that infiweiler sells before I get too convinced it would look nice as a stripper. Luckily, I don't like that color combo. Unfortunately, I have a large bottle of citristrip to fix that. Need to get my NFSH from the pants store...

20. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Lol. No worries. Congrats on the upcoming big event!

JACKMANDU likes this.