Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

I missed out because of temporarily anorexic bank account when the came out, but I’ll track one down eventually.

The original ergo handles are a bit too wide for my hands, but I managed to get my hands on ZT BMe that has been modded by the shop and I really like how nimble it is.
It got promoted to my on the job brush/brunch trimmer and cardboard destroyer.

The Ergo gen2 handles fit my hand a lot better. They’re not as wide, but thicker and really quite comfortable.

Last edited:
As many of you remember, I think this thread originally started out life as an INFIWEILER Death type Chant.
Lo and behold...wishes came true!!!

Well, I'm a thinking the world or the Swamp needs a Busse/Swamp Rat type Kephart. Whoa doggies!

As many of you remember, I think this thread originally started out life as an INFIWEILER Death type Chant.

Well, I'm a thinking the world or the Swamp needs a Busse/Swamp Rat type Kephart. Whoa doggies!

I second that motion. For all intents and purposes, take the RMD size and handle and slap a chopweiler blade shape on it. Maybe the tip come down a little but it looks pretty midline in the photos I see (I don't have one yet).

Honestly, after having the SW rucki and seeing the convex grind on that, I would almost hope to get a convexed Kephart in there, maybe even the double convex of the original. But, let the swamp people design it and I'm likely to get one either way. I'm really not sure if I would want this one in infi or SR-101, I dig both for different reasons.

Yes, it does get love on a regular basis. The 1311 is the ultimate kindling processor.

The 1311 is one of best knives that came through the scrapyard, IMO. It's not excessively thick and I think it's just a great knife and design for getting work done. I'm not dogging on the rest of them, I just think the 1311 is something special. I wouldn't trade my ratweiler for one, but it's a pretty close 2nd.

I was kind of thinking through the knives that get used the most, and I'm in even more support of this.

Big, portable machete: 1311
All-around big knife for shelter building and chopping: infiweiler
"bushcraft" and game processing: Swamphart

Maybe give or take a B&T knife or a folder (trapper or moose patterns for me... or a SAK).

Last edited:
I was kind of thinking through the knives that get used the most, and I'm in even more support of this.

Big, portable macehte: 1311
All-around big knife for shelter building and chopping: infiweiler
"bushcraft" and game processing: Swamphart

Maybe give or take a B&T knife or a folder (trapper or moose patterns for me... or a SAK).
BE- I like the way you think. I'd be onboard for those!

Guess Bog Dog (both in D2 & SR101) and Dog Skinner (D2) are probably the closest to a Kephart blade.

Sorry, no pics, I haven't located mine yet after the move.

Thanks elof, isn't it in one of those boxes? :confused:

They're both in the steel box with (almost all the) 4 inch of blade and up knives... Not organised enough yet to dig the box out from under other boxes... and it's too heavy to carry it up the stairs to my office/cave...

Word in dog house is there's a new SYKCO set to be revealed next Wednesday. With all the releases this year, will we see another Swamp Rat too?

Pretty interested to see what they have coming out. The descriptions make it sound interesting but I haven't been able to get a spy shot yet.

I know Uncle T, this is what I get for not bringing the infiweiler along for a trail ride after a week of rain and wind. I'll have to rectify this tomorrow. I can't tackle the big one with it but the 2-3 small guys it took down with it are really the ones that suck, since the tree-tops are where I came in from and dragging a 35# fat bike through tree tops is unpleasant. This dead tree feel right down the center of a 3-way intersection, it's going to be an interesting cleanup since we can't just cut a spot down the trail or do a slight re-route. Someone may need to hike in a big saw and a prybar to get it moved.

LsCFqjQl.jpg

kbToM9Ql.jpg

That Infiweiler girl is hungry for that wood. She will tear it up like she was at a smorgasbord. Nom, nom, nom.
You shoulda turned fat bike around and got Fatweiler. :)

Did a little wild flower hunting in the swamp for Momma's day. Made sense to bring a new friend along to get dirty.

ge3q7Zol.jpg

BE, I'm sure Mom was happy but do you think you were over-tooled?
I do love that orange.

Back