Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

They've really been marking them up. One was nearly $100 over the original sale price. Not saying it's not worth it, but it's a bit tough to swallow when you know they're flipping them.

Having said that, still waiting for my ding :cool:
That'll be a sweet ding for sure.

That'll be a sweet ding for sure.

Ding :)

Will have to get a new family photo when I get it. I may have one or two new ones I didn't even tell you about :D. Let's just say, I couldn't have just one ratweiler anymore ;). Okay, maybe that is the only one you don't know about.

BE - if I know you as well as I think I do, that Infimandu won't stay new very long.
I can't wait for your family reunion pic. :)

BE - if I know you as well as I think I do, that Infimandu won't stay new very long.
I can't wait for your family reunion pic. :)

It will not. Maybe I'll get a celebratory rotisserie chicken to baton it through when it's set to arrive :D.

In truth, it will probably come out to the garage to test on some wood carving first since I'm actively working out a handle shape for big mitts for my knife design prototypes. I'm liking how this is going so far... I didn't intend for it but it seems like it keep getting closer to a chopweiler handle. A bit of a Hudson bay handle shape with some contouring. The crew at Busse knew what they were doing when making the weiler knife handles, whatever series they call that.

Yup, I had an original Ratweiler and like a fool, I traded it off. Back then, I didn't know how scarce they'd become. So then I went thru a dry period, a long dry period until I got that 2nd gen 3/16's. I swore I'd never let that one go, until my baby came out in INFI. ;):thumbsup:

Hey you dirty Rats, now there's 3 Infimandu's for sale down in Fixed Blades. The price is $80 bucks cheaper that last time. Mighty tempting.

Suppose I should get that family portrait I promised on here. Weather hasn't been great but I really should get something outside soon. Might even have snow in the background with the current forecasts.

You're not going to believe this Uncle T, but I've had the infiflatmandu since Monday and haven't done any more than wash it with dish soap (seemed really slick for some reason).

OSD1LUml.jpg

bd7vWXnl.jpg

VERY nice family photo you got there. You've come a long way my friend. I'm sure all of us anxiously await your review of the Infimandu.

VERY nice family photo you got there. You've come a long way my friend. I'm sure all of us anxiously await your review of the Infimandu.

I used it this morning to shave a stick while taking the dog out, so it's technically used. It's sharp, end review :D.

More seriously, it's an RMD with a thinner edge. Compared to the only other RMD I've had, it acts better as a knife because the other had a thick bevel on it and I wasn't good with resetting those back then. This will be an even better jack of all trades in the knife department where chopping and batoning are not requirements. Really, I have the saftey mutt for that. Res-C is great for batoning and the flatter spine is nicer to what when I get frustrated by hidden knots.

I really need to strip this thing... I hate how coating hides the grind lines and craftsmanship. But, I do like the color combo. May just sand the crinkle coat a bit to see how it looks with less texturing. Lets be honest though, it's probably going to end up naked like the safety mutt did. It's almost flaborgasting how long the coating has stayed on the infiweiler and forsaken steel heart.

Yea I noticed that. Are you going to give them an etch first?

I don't really know how to do it, and honestly don't care much to learn to do it right now. I don't care so much for labeling, but usually there has been almost a ghosted lettering left, which is kind of nice. Easy enough to see up close but not cold steel in your face.

If anything, I would sand it all off and try for a nice poliahed finished. I think the only thing I like more than a well used blade with patina, is a blade so shiny I could use it as a mirror.

Still not safe. Old Swamp Rat Bowie w/orange slabs still available. You can look at it, if you give your wife your CC first. :)

Ah, saw that one already, I believe it's a repost. Too thick for me at that size (1/4" steel). I'm good with the infi flatmandu :).

I think his price is better now. I think it was around $100 more when last I looked, but I'm pretty sure I was trying to negotiate a trade with him. Might be thinking of another one, but pretty sure it was that one.

Back