Swamp rat ? Busse?

Trying to find info about this knife, a dear friend of mine is a avid knife collector and has given me some very nice knives over the years, he handed me this one on his deathbed and said I needed a real knife...he said it was a busse knife , it is very solid built and heavy duty... The only marking I can see is a very faint oval with swamp rat in it... I have to get the angle just right in the light to make out the oval or lettering so I was hoping maybe someone here knows more about it? Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

You need a picture hosting site, and the inline a link to the picture. I myself use smugmug, most people here use imgur.

And welcome !

Roland.

Good looking, well loved knife ! I'll let other people comment one what it is. Still quite new to this myself.

That handle shape is very appealing looking..... I know I am hoping they re-release it... maybe in a Mega version too....haha

The handle is very comfortable for me, has alot of grip and easy to work with, now I just need to get a better sheath for it😕
There are plenty of sheath makers who can make a great one. Are you wanting kydex or leather? I believe there is a forum here for specifically that. BEAUTIFUL BUSSE!

There are plenty of sheath makers who can make a great one. Are you wanting kydex or leather? I believe there is a forum here for specifically that. BEAUTIFUL BUSSE!
I currently have a leather sheath that fits pretty well, and is solid ...I think a nice kydex sheath that I could put on a belt or my pack would be awesome to get... I will have to dig a little deeper Into this group and see what's available...thanks! I love this knife! When my buddy gave it to me I told him I hope he didn't give it to me to look at, that I beat the crap out of my knives🤣 he told me he would be offended if it sat in a drawer and didn't get used 🙏🤣 challenge accepted!!🤣🤣🤣

You don't deserve a Busse if you won't beat on it! Though not to offend those collectors out there. Buy brown is one of the more well known kydex makers that does alot of busse, but there are many more.

You don't deserve a Busse if you won't beat on it! Though not to offend those collectors out there. Buy brown is one of the more well known kydex makers that does alot of busse, but there are many more.
I always looked at my knives as tools to use ... Growing up I was always buying random pocket knives from the hardware store or local sporting goods shop ..
$20-50 knives and kept breaking them and replacing them ... My buddy started gifting me Benchmade knives and I looked at the price and thought holy shit ! Why would I spend $250 on a pocket knife... Well it took me about 7yrs to wear out the first one and that's just cause I've sharpened it too many times... I will never buy a cheap knife again 🤣 I will most definitely look for that sheath maker...thank you for your guidance here 🙏

I always looked at my knives as tools to use ... Growing up I was always buying random pocket knives from the hardware store or local sporting goods shop ..
$20-50 knives and kept breaking them and replacing them ... My buddy started gifting me Benchmade knives and I looked at the price and thought holy shit ! Why would I spend $250 on a pocket knife... Well it took me about 7yrs to wear out the first one and that's just cause I've sharpened it too many times... I will never buy a cheap knife again 🤣 I will most definitely look for that sheath maker...thank you for your guidance here 🙏
The knife world is indeed a rabbit hole and the cost just goes up from there, but you start to appreciate and realize the difference in quality and craftsmanship. David Brown David Brown is the man you need to speak with on the kydex. He saw the thread so I'm sure he can help out.
Check this thread.

The knife world is indeed a rabbit hole and the cost just goes up from there, but you start to appreciate and realize the difference in quality and craftsmanship. David Brown David Brown is the man you need to speak with on the kydex. He saw the thread so I'm sure he can help out.
Check this thread.
Thank you my friend.

Bagdazian, please e-mail me if I can help you.

Here are some more current examples :)

https://www.instagram.com/buybrownind/

and this one

zyXqS8a.jpg

Check this thread.
I am getting sucked into this knife stuff just like I've been with guns all these years... Getting ready to order a new busse brand new...the hell razor 2 just looked so dm good I had to have one🤷🏼‍♂️

Back