Swamp rat ? Busse?

The knife world is indeed a rabbit hole and the cost just goes up from there, but you start to appreciate and realize the difference in quality and craftsmanship. @David Brown is the man you need to speak with on the kydex. He saw the thread so I'm sure he can help out.
Check this thread.
Gotta say I am very impressed with ZT customer service... I bent a clip on my 0770cf and they got me a new one delivered no questions asked in a weeks time... That's pretty awesome 😎

TThOs
Thank you my friend.

Bagdazian, please e-mail me if I can help you.

Here are some more current examples :)

https://www.instagram.com/buybrownind/

and this one

zyXqS8a.jpg
I was checking out your website, they all look amazing... I am getting ready to order a busse hell razor 2 also and thought maybe i could order both sheaths at the same time... How does this work, do I need to send knives in or do you have them available for the molding of kydex?

TThOs

I was checking out your website, they all look amazing... I am getting ready to order a busse hell razor 2 also and thought maybe i could order both sheaths at the same time... How does this work, do I need to send knives in or do you have them available for the molding of kydex?
Take a look at David Brown's signature. My guess is that the only time you have to send a Busse in is when it's a one of a kind...

I always looked at my knives as tools to use ... Growing up I was always buying random pocket knives from the hardware store or local sporting goods shop ..
$20-50 knives and kept breaking them and replacing them ... My buddy started gifting me Benchmade knives and I looked at the price and thought holy shit ! Why would I spend $250 on a pocket knife... Well it took me about 7yrs to wear out the first one and that's just cause I've sharpened it too many times... I will never buy a cheap knife again 🤣 I will most definitely look for that sheath maker...thank you for your guidance here 🙏
I recommend making your own.... Especially if you want kydex.
It's really too easy.
I've bought some nice ones in the past...... But never again.

Anyone can make them.
Seriously.

Well I suppose I am one of them folks who loves it and am definitely Impressed with it's performance... Of all the knives I've owned this one is the one I'd carry through an apocalypse 🤠 I'm trying to order the hell razor 2 now but the website won't take my money 😕
I finally got the website to take my money.
..now the hard part is to wait 🤠 I'm very excited to buy this knife, it's the first real nice knife I've ever bought myself, I can already picture it in my hands...gonna beat the snot out of it and love it for a lifetime🤣🤣🤣

Well I suppose I am one of them folks who loves it and am definitely Impressed with it's performance... Of all the knives I've owned this one is the one I'd carry through an apocalypse 🤠 I'm trying to order the hell razor 2 now but the website won't take my money 😕

I finally got the website to take my money.
..now the hard part is to wait 🤠 I'm very excited to buy this knife, it's the first real nice knife I've ever bought myself, I can already picture it in my hands...gonna beat the snot out of it and love it for a lifetime🤣🤣🤣

Congrats, I love that thing. I ordered mine on Apr 6, and it arrived Apr 23. :) Well, my first one that is :) Depending which sheath you'll get, it might take longer. So I suggest to order now as well.

BTW, in the background below, is a Harry Savage sheath if you like leather, I can recommend him. Quick TAT, great work and affordable for what it is.

i-xsx2w59-X3.jpg

Congrats, I love that thing. I ordered mine on Apr 6, and it arrived Apr 23. :) Well, my first one that is :) Depending which sheath you'll get, it might take longer. So I suggest to order now as well.

BTW, in the background below, is a Harry Savage sheath if you like leather, I can recommend him. Quick TAT, great work and affordable for what it is.

i-xsx2w59-X3.jpg
Awwwwwe lawdy that's a beautiful picture right there... I do like leather sheaths, seems kydex is easier to get ahold of these days...have you noticed any pros or cons of leather or kydex ?

Awwwwwe lawdy that's a beautiful picture right there... I do like leather sheaths, seems kydex is easier to get ahold of these days...have you noticed any pros or cons of leather or kydex ?
Currently I'm torn between my zt 0350ts and 0770cf for edc... Also have a Benchmade 495 that's a contender, but I really am impressed with ZT knives and their customer service... Who made the flipper you have in the picture? That looks amazing!

Thanks ! Con of Kydex (for me) is that it's very rigid, say when I sit in the car, etc., and might scratch the blade a little. Plus is that it will not impact corrosion, so it can be used for long term storage.

I am getting sucked into this knife stuff just like I've been with guns all these years... Getting ready to order a new busse brand new...the hell razor 2 just looked so dm good I

Currently I'm torn between my zt 0350ts and 0770cf for edc... Also have a Benchmade 495 that's a contender, but I really am impressed with ZT knives and their customer service... Who made the flipper you have in the picture? That looks amazing!
The flipper is a Hinderer maximus

I'm not a fan of assisted knives in general. IMO, the ZT308 is a better design than the 0350 series. I'm a snob, so the ZT0777 is always the definite version of the 077x series.

I'm not a fan of assisted knives in general. IMO, the ZT308 is a better design than the 0350 series. I'm a snob, so the ZT0777 is always the definite version of the 077x series.
I've been happy with them all... But I have an old hk Benchmade 14460 blitz attack that is not assisted and has been a wonderful edc...I am sending it back for a new blade after about 8yr of constant abuse and sharpening, but it's been great... But dealing with Benchmade vs ZT is night and day for customer service and repairs🤷🏼‍♂️

SorryBout your friend. He had great taste In Knives. The choppy is a awesome knife. I have one myself. Enjoy it!!

uiliCQq.jpg
Thank you Sir 🙏 he did have very good taste in knives... I love this knife , it really does just feel good in my hand for a large knife and swings very nice.

Thanks ! Con of Kydex (for me) is that it's very rigid, say when I sit in the car, etc., and might scratch the blade a little. Plus is that it will not impact corrosion, so it can be used for long term storage.
That makes sense... I typically store Mt knives in my gun safe, is there some kind of oil y'all recommend for keeping the blades from rust? I haven't had much of an issue but I can see a little surface discoloration on the edge of my esse6 and some patina on my chopweiler. Think it's worth polishing them up and protecting somehow?

I recommend making your own.... Especially if you want kydex.
It's really too easy.
I've bought some nice ones in the past...... But never again.

Anyone can make them.
Seriously.

I have to agree in part, anybody can make them indeed. That said, in my experience that does not mean you will get great functioning results. I would go so far as to say out of all the different makes of kydex I've used, including home-brewed and such, there may only be a few people making kydex that I'd really recommend to others for serious uses. If you're happy with 'good enough' sort of fit and function, then go ahead and try your hand at rolling your own.

Back