Swamp Rat "Camp Tramp"

I'm new here, and just learned about Swamp Rat while surfing around this great site. I am really digging the Camp Tramp. Man you cant beat that service with a stick. My next knife will probably be the Camp Tramp. Unless someone can talk me out of it.

I have ordered two knives in the last week. BlabeForums is costly.:D

Later,
Chris

Welcome to BladeForums. It's a great place.

I have a Swamp Rat Battle Rat and think its teriffic. The Camp Tramp is on my "wish list". (You're right about this place being costly.)

If you do a search here, you'll find lots of great feedback on Swamp Rat products that will help in your decision.

The camp Tramp rules, i like it more than my Busse Battle Mistess E (now moved on to a new home). The handles are excellent, it is a great knife and at a fantasic price.

I also have a Howling Rat, that i think i would like better than the tramp as soon as i get a custom sheath for it, it came with a nice leather sheath (tramp has a nylon over kydex) but it is more for storage since it is hard to draw and replace the knife.

Yup. Got a Camp Tramp in a trade and it is a great knife.

The entire Swamp Rat line looks like winners.

I have the Howling Rat and the Bog Dog on my wish list.

ooooooooooooooooooh Swamp Rat... The knives who stoped my quest after the perfect survival knife... I own a Tan Battle Rat and some Bandicoot...Damn this knives are great! Believe me I own many many good brands of knives, my Swamp Rats are just the best I own!
If you want an advice, take a look at the Tan Camp Tramp. I know, many say :"It have to be black..." but their Tan coating is VERY tough and actualy way cool when you see it in real life.
I love their products because they're the toughest knives for their prices,Swamp Rat test their products like no other do and THEY stand behind their products. I don't know many other who give you a garanty who say "if you break it you got a new no questions asked". :rolleyes:
speaking of tests,look at this and make up your mind:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=217950

and
http://www.physics.mun.ca/~sstamp/knives/camp_tramp.html

If you find better for the price please let me know!!!
:D

Originally posted by oliverplomion
Swamp Rat... The knives who stoped my quest after the perfect survival knife...

a) just wait till you get the real Busse addiction
b) isn't it funny, how we always buy another "perfect" knife? One should be enough...

Hi Klaus!
heheheheheheh you're right...Busses are greats...but on the other side, I paid 158 $ for my Battle Rat...it's made at the Busse Fabric from a very well tested and proven steel, so why to spend 400$ in a Busse who can the same?:D
I don't think at as common normal user I will ever feel the difference :rolleyes:

agreed...

i don't think in normal use you'd feel that much difference between a busse and a swamp rat...and even if you do...that difference has cost you like $150...

Swamp rats are undeniably the best value survival knife you can get....

Swamp rats are great and the price is right. Now just let me get my hands on fusion satin Jack. :cool:

Thanks guys!!! This does confirm my next purchace. As soon as I get past X-Mas I'll place my order.

Anybody,if there is more to add please feel free.:)

-Chris

Back