Photos Swamp Rat Kephart Knife??? KephRAT???

Would you purchase a Kephart style Swamp Rat knife?

• Yes!!

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Father & Son Traditional Sharpening

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Since we have been talking about the prospects of new Swamp Rats in 2020, it just dawned on me what a perfect opportunity it would be for Swamp Rat to make a Kephart style knife! It then occurred to me that if you rearrange the last three letters of Kephart, you end up with KephRAT!!!

I found some excellent pictures of what appears to be a very Rare original Horace Kephart designed knife produced by Colclesser Brothers here at this article, which is now owned by Ethan Becker... http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/the-original-kephart-knife-examined/

To my thinking, this is just an excellent all around knife pattern.... especially the 5" version (pictured) though it appears there was 4" version also. I can picture a Vex handle working great with this type of blade, the Vex reissue from several years ago actually reminds me a bit of the Kephart thought not that close overall.

As was mentioned in the article linked above, there is nothing on this knife that you don't need! The grind on it is also worth mentioning as it is a very unique convex grind where the thickest part of the blade is at the mid height of the blade and gets thinner towards the spine again!

I would LOVE to see something along these lines, what say you RATS? P.S. Swamp Comp would be right at home on this one, love me some bare SR-101 with a bit of rust/patina flavored spiciness... ;) ;) :) :)

colclesser-Kephart-hero-1-600x386.jpeg

colclesser-Kephart-presentation-pose-703x513.jpeg

colclesser-Kephart-in-hand-600x451.jpeg

colclesser-Kephart-hero-2-600x401.jpeg

colclesser-kephart-with-actual-600x291.jpg

Back