Swayback... instant classic!

Does look great but I could add another $50 and order a Progeny from his site!

Well, I got my Swayback in on Monday and have been carrying and using it for the last 3 days. I don't think I could really be more impressed (well, except for the pocket clip issue, as everyone has already talked about ad nauseum).

Perfect centering, fit & finish, excellent factory edge, crazy thin behind the edge, super smooth drop shut action. Everything a Slysz Spyderco should be. It compares very favorably to the Bowie, which is something we've been waiting to see for some time out of Spyderco.

The Swayback handle does feel a little bit different in hand, due to the shape, but it is very comfortable. I added an MXG Gear clip to mine (the one made for the Benchmade Anthem) it fits and matches it perfectly, I definitely recommend it.

vwgOxO1.jpg

vUxFAae.jpg

I’ve been living in a hole for the past couple of months and just found out about this. Glad they made it happen but not that happy it cost me $270+ on a whim.

looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the bowie and chef which I used to own.

Had the Swayback for a week now and am really impressed with the quality! The new clip solves the problem and is much more comfortable in hand without the hotspot the factory one gave. I’m actually glad Spyderco decided not to produce it with the standard wire clip found on many Taichung folders. Although I love that clip, this way there are many more options available. Loving the blade shape and how fine the tip is, the finest of all my Spyderco’s and CTS-XHP takes a scary sharp edge and seems to hold it well, it’s definitely a slicer!

CA876615-A9E1-40AD-BB1B-364747502284.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got the knife in and it’s lovely. Beautifully made and feels good to me.

Think I may like it better than it’s cousins and may end up keeping it.

I immediately took off the clip and put it in a slip I made this weekend. Glad I got the measurements right.

FC889AB5-56DC-4881-8FFC-8C0FD91F6A16.jpeg 2BAF7140-CA6A-4976-9A82-3A54DDB4CAE0.jpeg

Back