Swayback... instant classic!

Just some autumn vibes...

swayback_mush_web.jpg

Did you stonewash the clip? It looks awesome.
It's a bead blasted clip 'borrowed' from my Salt 2 folder. I had to drill holes a fair bigger to fit Swayback but it looks fine imho. It's way flatter than regular clip, which I like. And as far as I remember SALT clips are actually made of titanium, which is cool too (but practically doesn't matter of course).

And here a coffee with Swayback, Sunday late afternoon:

sway_coffee_web.jpg

Sigh...mine does the same.
Could someone else take a close up detail photo like this, looking directly into the lockbar:

tv11CWJl.jpg

Mine, slow roll opening catches and the lock does not engage.
48RPf6Bl.jpg

When it is flicked it locks up perfectly. It's only when I slow roll open it, it sticks.

So looking into the side, I can see only the top corner is in contact and doesn't match the geometry of the lock face on the tang.

I got another Swayback this week. I regretted selling the first one, so sought out another one. What a great knife.

Question - any of you guys have a very slight recurve to the blade? Mine has about 1/32" recurve in the middle. Maybe less. My first one was perfectly straight. Anyone else?

Edit to add the photo. Sorry it's blurry - backlight to show the curve also made is hazy.

k9kyGh2l.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure the curve isn't in your counter?

I'll check mine later today vs. a thick steel straight edge.

Are you sure the curve isn't in your counter?

I'll check mine later today vs. a thick steel straight edge.

Good grief. It's the knife. LoL.

I just picked a spot on the counter to take a picture of what I first noticed with my eye.

I checked mine . It shows a very slight recurve.
I got another Swayback this week. I regretted selling the first one, so sought out another one. What a great knife.

Question - any of you guys have a very slight recurve to the blade? Mine has about 1/32" recurve in the middle. Maybe less. My first one was perfectly straight. Anyone else?

Edit to add the photo. Sorry it's blurry - backlight to show the curve also made is hazy.

k9kyGh2l.jpg

k9kyGh2l.jpg

Thanks for this: I have two and never even gave a second thought to checking for a recurve. On the agenda for tomorrow.

I will check mine when I have a chance as well.

FWIW, I have a Bradley Bowie with a small recurve near the ricaso...oversharpened a bit at the factory, I guess.

Last edited:
I just went check my second swayback stored in the safe. It's straight. Then I came back to look at my first one closely. It's almost straight, but the the first half inch from the tip is off from the remaining of the blade with a very small angle. If you check in the way that TRfromMT TRfromMT did, you will see the overal blade has some recurve.

Back