Swelling?

My Small Micarta Insingo 21 is very hard to open and close.
This knife has been sitting in a wet box for well over a month. Hurricane Laura then Delta, took my shop exposing all my stuff to the weather (some of it may be in Texas).
I don't see any, but do you think the PB washers could corrode? Then leaving them "thicker" to cause such a stiff action? I hesitate to polish them.
I turned back the pivot screws a bit to make it open normally.
What do you think?

I bet the washers are tarnished. If you have a strop loaded with some diamond paste, emulsion, or Flitz, try stropping them to remove the tarnish. It won't take much.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, send it to CRK for a spa treatment.

Open it up and see... a Pencil eraser used sparingly could do it as well.Just DO NOT BEND THEM!

This knife has been sitting in a wet box for well over a month. Hurricane Laura then Delta, took my shop exposing all my stuff to the weather (some of it may be in Texas).
I don't see any, but do you think the PB washers could corrode? Then leaving them "thicker" to cause such a stiff action? I hesitate to polish them.
What do you think?

The same thing happened to my small 21 insingo after using KPL(knife pivot lube) with out disasembly.

Took it down and just wiped everything down with som ballistol and put som CRK grease in there.

This did not help a lot, so I suspect the washer have reacted to the KPL, possibly as a result of mixing up with the CRK grease that was already in there.

I'll try som light stropping next take down.

Well, I took it apart twice, wiped, re grease to no change. I thought it would wear in.
I will strop the washers.

Bronze, copper and brass will develop a coating that will create resistance. So, yeah, stropping should improve the action.
For some reason I thought you were around the Baton Rouge area.

I have no advice to add, but sorry to hear about the loss of your shop. I hope there is a silver lining for you.

Bronze, copper and brass will develop a coating that will create resistance. So, yeah, stropping should improve the action.
For some reason I thought you were around the Baton Rouge area.
Lake Charles, right in the eye.

I have no advice to add, but sorry to hear about the loss of your shop. I hope there is a silver lining for you.
Thanks Cody. Yes, there well may be a silver lining, we may move the Portland, OR with our Son, Wife, and my one and only Granddaughter. :)

Lake Charles, right in the eye.

Thanks Cody. Yes, there well may be a silver lining, we may move the Portland, OR with our Son, Wife, and my one and only Granddaughter. :)

Well hell, all this time I thought you were on the other side of the state. I’m just over the I-10 bridge in Sulphur. Laura definitely left a mess that’s going to take a while to clean up.

What do you think?

Hi Just my Two cents here. you should check the pivot also. at least this happen to me recently. For me The issue was the pivot..

Back