Swing guard

I'd like to get a new swing guard and am debating between the current Case XX Cheetah or maybe the GEC Babylon Hill (UN-X-LD) version. I'd prefer the 1095 from GEC to the SS from Case, but the GEC is significantly more $. Any thoughts on how they compare in other regards? Either version that I am considering would have jigged bone scales and they are close to the same size, I think. I also don't like the etching on the Case blade, but I could buff it off. This would be for a using knife and I don't have a swing guard, but have always liked the pattern. Thanks for your input.

Q

I always have been attracted to the pattern but the only ones I had ever handled seemed more like a novelty item as the guard was loose fitting (sometimes to where it rattled) and never really seemed to win me over. Then came the Northfield. Whole different ballgame and one I decided to participate in. Very good build quality with zero play on lock-up and guard is tight whether opened or closed.

I don't have a Case version, but am totally thrilled with my Babylon Hill by GEC :)

All I can say is that GEC "nailed this one outa the park"...the guard on mine is tight in both the closed and open positions, and size wise the guard makes sense both visually and in hand on this pattern. It's a total winner in my eye :thumbup:

If I were to start a collection of trad knives swing guards would probably be my starting point, and the BHS would be my first purchase. :)

Swing guards make cheap looking knives... Sorry, look like the knives @ the corner gas station. :barf:

I love Swing Guards---I have several SOLID vintage 1970's CASE Swing Guards and love em. I really want to try the GEC---they look terrific :thumbup:

Paul

Here you go Jon :thumbup:

p11301082.jpg

p11301072.jpg

p4280036i.jpg

p4280037m.jpg

p4280038.jpg

All from the 70's, the two red bone are Saber grind and the Stag is hollow grind. The guards are solid open and closed.

These make a great back pocket carry :thumbup:

Paul

Thanks Duane! As many others do, I to really love the vintage CASE knives---a golden era :thumbup:

Paul

Those look great Paul,but stop posting them because i will end up buying one or many. Oh ok keep posting them

Back