Swiss Army Knife Help!

And so it is...
show_image.php

https://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Monarch

Just wanted to bump this to the top to see if Monofletch will chime in and report what Vic was able to do to fix the broken scale on his Wenger.

I would think if one was handy it might be possible to slim down a pair of the wood Evo scales to make some good replacements.

I would think if one was handy it might be possible to slim down a pair of the wood Evo scales to make some good replacements.
He sent it in to Victorinox several weeks ago for repair. That's why I was asking what Vic was able/willing to do to repair it.

He sent it in to Victorinox several weeks ago for repair. That's why I was asking what Vic was able/willing to do to repair it.
Yes. Would be interesting to know. I remember reading in another forum that someone sent in a Wenger for repairs, and they shipped him back an "equivalent" new Vic one..

Victorinox really guarantees for life knives (including Wenger) and restores them completely (blades, tools, inserts ) for free. I have already experienced this several times

In a knife discussion on another forum, a friend reminded me that Victorinox/Swiss Army Knives has a lifetime warranty on their knives. I had mentioned that my oldest SAK (a Climber), Old Red, had traveled with me most everywhere for plus 3-1/2 decades. It needed some attention, just like everything does. The friend gave me the contact info and "how2" send my SAK in for refurbishing.

Victorinox did take a little while to turn it around: sent in on Aug. 5th, received back on Sept. 3rd. But I wasn't in any hurry. Here is what I requested:

~~Replace the well-worn handles, which had also lost one of the early SAK emblems. The red handles were much faded and just showed plain old handling wear & tear. (Learned that the emblem is no longer available, and I'd have to find one on my own).
~~Sharpen all blades and scizzors.
~~Original scizzor spring was broken, and requested a new one be installed.

I also contacted Victorinox by phone re. my repair request. I told the rep that Old Red carried strong sentimental value to it. The rep told me to highlight that in my order to ensure the knife would be returned to me. It came back perfect, in "new" condition. They did everything I asked, and Old Red is definitely spruced up, sharper and younger looking.

Bottom line cost was $5 handling fee to Victorinox, plus my shipping cost to SAK. They paid for return shipping. Way to go Victorinox.:thumbsup:

Bozhidar

Back