Swiza - a new take on the SAK

I'm really not interested in them, there's something about the classic equal end cigar pattern frame that just works for a mfk or sak. All they did different was try to make them " look cool " which I don't think they did, sometimes a classic just has a timeless elegance that is always cool and doesn't need to look modern to sell.
While the quality could be good , you can currently get more functions in a Victorinox for the same price .

I'm really not interested in them, there's something about the classic equal end cigar pattern frame that just works for a mfk or sak. All they did different was try to make them " look cool " which I don't think they did, sometimes a classic just has a timeless elegance that is always cool and doesn't need to look modern to sell.
While the quality could be good , you can currently get more functions in a Victorinox for the same price .
There is more to the SWIZA than trying "to make them 'look cool'". The lock for one. They are really good knives. Seriously, you should handle one and try one before knocking it. My son is an Archaeological Field Tech and traded his Victorinox Electrician for my SWIZA D04. That SWIZA is the only knife he carries in the field and for good reason.

As nice as they appear and using 440C steel for the blade, I understand the other tools use a pretty soft steel. Both screwdrivers are easily deformed at the edges from the reviews I'm reading. Also the ergo shape of the handle is kind of wasted from the tools sticking out so far. Swiza is a relatively successful company though, maybe in the future they'll fix the problems. Until then I'm not even going to get one out of curiosity.
No different than Victorinox whose ancillary tools are not as hardened as the knife blades. My son and I have yet to deform any tools on our SWIZA D04s, but we aren't what anyone would consider knife abusers. We use the tools as intended.

I was favorable impressed enough with the SWIZA that I gave away the Victorinox Electrician my son traded for my SWIZA D04 and ordered another SWIZA D04.

Last edited:
I didn´t want to open a new thread... so some thread necro - at least at some point.

The Swiza chime up from time to time. How are you users of them think about? How do they perform in day to day use?

AFAIK - they are designed by former Wenger designers. Wenger was a great and well reputated cutlery and it´s a pitty they don´t exist any more. I have no doubt that they know what they are doing in designing a new(er) tool.

I didn´t want to open a new thread... so some thread necro - at least at some point.

The Swiza chime up from time to time. How are you users of them think about? How do they perform in day to day use?

AFAIK - they are designed by former Wenger designers. Wenger was a great and well reputated cutlery and it´s a pitty they don´t exist any more. I have no doubt that they know what they are doing in designing a new(er) tool.
I did get the chance to try one belonging to a friend recently. The cork screw works better than I've used on others, probably because the grip is a lot more comfortable (cushioned, grippy, reversed curve handle all help) when using the cork screw, but the cap lifter is not so good (only grabs the projections, not the indentations of a bottle cap) as that on the Victorinox. Nice to have a locking main blade that is discreet. The awl was more of a mini chisel/scraper than a hole maker, but that could be a benefit (as long as a deep hole is not needed). I am considering getting one for myself.

Thanks for the replie, Bartleby. I think I gonna get one of these soon... as I´m interessted in these Swiza at some point.

Thanks for the kind welcome back - Jack!

Thanks for the replie, Bartleby. I think I gonna get one of these soon... as I´m interessted in these Swiza at some point.

Thanks for the kind welcome back - Jack!
Just placed an order with a gift card I received at work, should be in just after the holidays.

I've given others and bought myself the D04 over the last couple of years. Even had to buy myself another one when my son decided he wanted mine for field work in Israel. After unsuccessfully looking for replacement tweezers I contacted SWIZA SA explaining my dilemma. SWIZA asked for my address. Earlier this week and package arrived in the mail for Europe with five tweezers. That's great service there.

Thanks for the replie, leghog. Much appreciated.

It´s good to hear that they are caring for their costumers and give a good service. Next to a well useable tool - seems to be on my rather short list for 2018.

J'ai un peu de Swiza que je trouve de très bonne qualité, Ils ont un look original. Ils sont globalement plus chers (plus chers) que Victorinox. Les manchons de train (forme ronde) et les lames facilitent le découpage (division) en un assiette.
39033358491_b0a520fd69_c.jpg

I am a huge SAK fan, but will give these a try as well. I like the contemporary look, and I am a traditional kind of guy.

Personally, I don't think buying the Swiza is an either or proposition. I have no intention of replacing my SAKs, but it will be interesting to augment them with something a little different.

Swiza is good quality,and I will get couple more.victorinox is excellent ,and I edc it,will be buying more too.victorinox spartan on my keychain is simply my most useful knife ever,have used it exclusively for past few months and it performed flawlessly,but I love all knives and thus buy more.swiza is same quality as victorinox,also very good edc.would recommend both.

Swiza is more recent than Vic, and do not possess all the models yet which we find at Victorinox. However the manufacturing is very well-kept .Dommage but he misses ring for door keys

My Swiza is here, I am going to carry it for a bit before I comment. Out of the box it seems very solid and well made, but I need to wait until it has seen enough use to not be new to form an opinion.

Maybe I’m just stuck in the past, well, no maybe about it I guess - lol, but I just do not care for their styling myself.

But, I’m glad they appear to be of decent quality and provide another entry into the Swiss Army Knife field. Nice to see a company trying to carve out a niche into Vics dominance.

Yes very decent quality for the Swiza but very expensive compared to Victorinox

Back