Sword Picture Thread: This you can trust

Yes, Machete is a good chose, but what about defending against an adversary? Need more piercing capability or may need to be thicker as a Katana for more cutting power. Looking for something new in design maybe, more versatile and functional. Oh also more weather resistant than a Katana with is wood parts and Saya.

IMAG0260.jpg

My ridiculous microbuster, being inspected by one of my ferrets.

Yes, Machete is a good chose, but what about defending against an adversary? Need more piercing capability or may need to be thicker as a Katana for more cutting power. Looking for something new in design maybe, more versatile and functional. Oh also more weather resistant than a Katana with is wood parts and Saya.

Machetes have been used to great effect as weapons by numerous peoples. The Cubans even used them as cavalry swords. The machete is a vicious weapon.

You might want to look up Zombie Tools. Their swords are mostly modern interpretations of historical blades, and overbuild for modern post-apocalyptic battle.

They're basically suped-up weaponized machetes in a way. I've owned one of their Hellion falcatas for a while. It's sharp, it's quick, and very rugged.

I have a Sin Bad scimitar due to arrive any day now.

Lorien, that Keffler, and the last blade you posted, Oh holy Hannah...lol I mean they are all nice but Daaaamn. Who did the last one in your post ? Also, did you wrap the Keffler, or is that an inset wrap from Dan ?

Looking for a usable battle ready sword as a survival tool
I've found that my swords are more for admiring. When it comes to practicality a machete type object is one of the most versatile edged weapons you can carry in a survival type situation.

True, but a machete can get better and better as one adds sword accoutrements and elements.

Haha! Nice protectors of the sword.:p

Dang, all these pictures are causing me to want another sword.:D:thumbup:

I finally bit the bullet and bought myself an Albion Munich some time ago. I couldn't get a good angle on the photo since it's so long.
munich%20amp%20trainer_zps0clfhvlz.jpg

We studied the Liechtenauer system in the fencing club I belonged to, and this type of sword is geared perfectly for it. The sword on the right is the aluminum blunt trainer I made for practice and drill work at the club.

The Busse family of companies has made several sword-like objects. They are very tough, capable choppers.

Here is my user sword, it's one of my older ones, forged out of beta ti alloy, and is quite small at 24" oal with a 17" blade. It's also thin, Just barely over 1/8" thickness near the guard, and distally-tapered. It was originally convex and balanced in front of the guard, but Dan Keffeler got to it and gave it a really thin flat grind (while hilted! :eek:), as a demonstration of grinding technique and edge geometry, which also dramatically increased its cutting ability. The removal of blade material put the balance point behind the handguard, and brought the weight down to 15.6 oz. This sword has no trouble cleanly cutting saplings up to 2.5" in diameter, as well as shipping tubes, bottles, etc.

PhEChJc.jpg

xeQNV2I.jpg

79r1I9G.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, Ben, it looks like an interstellar space ship! Nice design. :thumbup:

Lycosa: Yep, it's my keeper, been running it ragged for quite some time.

Respect that sword, Sammy. Thanks.
Hey Ben- You finally got good.
Outstanding!
rolf

Back