synthetic sarki strikes again!

Dan, look for a box with about 25 khukuris in it headed your way for copies of these sheaths!

Holy Toledo!!! :eek:

I think I just crapped my pants...Norm, send 'er away whenever you're ready. Sheaths don't take as long as knives do and are easily "worked in" during down times (like waiting for heat-treat, etc.)

Dan,

I just got a couple of the small tek locks. They came with little rubber washers and countersunk screws. Can you help me figure out how these things are supposed to be used.:confused:

on your knife? or just general use?

I really need to write up a general kydex sheath/teklok page...

I mean specifically the parts supplied with the smaller tek lok. There is an aluminum washer/nut. This one's use is obvious because it fits nicely into the holes in the tek lok. But theres also a rubber washer and a flathead/countersinkable screw rather than a panhead screw. Whats the story with that?

I've seen both....but the round head is more common. Probably depends on the supplier.

The rubber washer goes between the teklok and the sheath. The screw head always goes on the outside of the sheath.

The hardware I use for the small vs. regular is the same. the only difference I have is that for the IWB loks I use a slightly longer screw.

fantastic stuff :) wow.

i could be inspired to make my own sheaths like this. need a shopping list and a place to buy solid kydex - perhaps even bond a layer of polycarbonate sheathing OVER the kydex as i hear kydex CAN be brittle, but polycarbonate isn't... one can be heat set (the kydex), the other protects against bashing.

andy's sheaths are also sweet :) i have the perfect brown suede but that requires a wood handle, for something i have in mind :)

bladite

I have one of Dans kydex sheaths and really like it. It is lighter than the wood one, so better for backpacking or if you have not much space and want to haul it.

I also have one of Terry Sisco's Quickdraws which is beautiful

HOWEVER, for me hiking in the woods and trail clearing, nothing beats the standard sheath.

That is because I'm walking along taking the khuk out on occasion and whacking brush.

The khuk will never fall out of the kydex, that 's good for security but the fact that it DOES hold so tightly and that it sets closer to the body than the standard sheath with frog makes me have to do more work to get the khuk out and back in the sheath. I can draw a khuk faster and put it back faster out of the standard sheath than they kydex or the quickdraw.

Not knocking Dan's design. I love mine. I'm just trying to hilight the difft aspects of the standard versus quick draw/kydex design.

you hit the nail on the head, HD.

:thumbup:

Different sheaths for different reasons...nice to be able to have 3 sheaths for 1 kukri...! :D :p ;)

Very nice, Dan. I'm afraid I would end up hung on something with karda and chakma on the front like that. But I like the sheath.
Terry

Great sheaths Dan. These work just as he says, I have had one of these for my YCS from a few years back. It's the one on his web site. Maybe the first one? I need to send some different ones of mine for fitting :D

Sorry, got distracted by the sheath pics and didn't notice this was an old thread. But worth it :thumbup:

Shoot me an email, Bro. I'll get you hooked up. ;) :thumbup:

Back