T.M. Hunt going viral!

Friday night I was getting ready to hit the sack, cruising some websites, and holy cow, there's T.M. Custom Knives on Howes Knife Shop! I thought 'Surely those can't be T.M. Hunt knives' and of course I was wrong. I snatched up a Magua with black G10 handles and red G10 bolsters in a heartbeat. After a couple sales of my leftover stuff went through, I just sent an email to http://tmhuntcustomknives.com/contactus.html asking for a matching Yuma to go with it. I thought a Yuma with opposing colors (red G10 handles, black G10 bolsters) would look good with it but left it up to the T.M. Hunt crew. Might just stick with the same pattern.

Jim Howe was very nice to talk to on email about the order and seemed pretty excited to have the knives to post up. From a post on a different forum I gather they'll be offered through another vendor soon also. I'm stupidly stoked about the arrival of the Magua and think it's fantastic that the T.M. Hunt knives are getting some wider distribution. I worried for a minute that I was doing the crew a disservice by ordering through a 3rd party site then figured the distribution and $$ support would outweigh that.

Congratulations on reaching further exposure and I cannot wait to get my hands on my first T.M. Hunt!

nice score -- and just as a warning, the Magua is your TM Hunt gateway drug.

You are going to love it. I actually just finished cutting some meat for dinner with mine. (Todd, promise I'll take pics at some point but I always seem to have raw meat on my hands when it's out)

Ordered it Friday night, got it in Monday afternoon, gotta love that! OFM- I think you gave me just that little nudge I needed.

As far as the Magua... well I already emailed about getting a matching Yuma made for it if that says how much I like it. Hopefully I'll be giving Todd a call Friday evening to iron out the details.

I'll get some pics as soon as I do something with it besides carrying it around everywhere with me and petting it.

This is the first I've gotten. Emailed Todd a huge wall of text Sunday, gonna give him a call my next day off and iron out my first order through him.

This thing drew up some fantastically (for me) thin shavings like it was nothing. I've never gotten into trying to get pretty feathers but this was nice.

IZh88PJ.jpg

Two things I've got to work out are 1- whether I go with a Yuma or tradewater and 2- whether I ask for the matching G10 or reverse it and go with red G10 scales and black G10 bolsters. Worrying about item #2 kinda makes me feel like I'm losing points off my man card but eh.

I was thinking my next would be an M-18 but I think my buying spree is about to draw to a close so I can save up for a new grinder for myself. Time will tell :)

This is the first I've gotten. Emailed Todd a huge wall of text Sunday, gonna give him a call my next day off and iron out my first order through him.

This thing drew up some fantastically (for me) thin shavings like it was nothing. I've never gotten into trying to get pretty feathers but this was nice.

IZh88PJ.jpg

Two things I've got to work out are 1- whether I go with a Yuma or tradewater and 2- whether I ask for the matching G10 or reverse it and go with red G10 scales and black G10 bolsters. Worrying about item #2 kinda makes me feel like I'm losing points off my man card but eh.

I was thinking my next would be an M-18 but I think my buying spree is about to draw to a close so I can save up for a new grinder for myself. Time will tell :)

Dan,

Congrats on a great Todd Hunter blade! We are waiting for Todd to make us some Tradewaters, Yuma's and M-18's and we will then post up on our sub forums along with a Newsletter going out to our customer base. Todd is one of the nicest makers I have ever dealt with. Not only is he a great custom maker, he so wants to please everyone he makes a knife for and that alone is sometimes missing when dealing with some custom makers. We will continue to work with Todd and look forward to not only what we have on order but new designs I'm sure in the future.

Take care and Thank you for your order
Jim

Grog, I'm pleased that you like your new purchase. If I may add, don't ever think that your cheating me by buying my product from a 3rd party as you call it. If I have knives stocked with dealers I encourage you to buy them. Because if they dont sell, they dont buy more from me. :p its a win win for everyone, no wait for you, moving product for Jim and making a little $$. More exposure and future sells for me. All part of my plan to rule the world! :D

Jim, (HKS) I'm working hard to get those other pieces to you. I will be excited to get your feedback on them. Thanks again for the opportunity and your support.

Dan,

Congrats on a great Todd Hunter blade! We are waiting for Todd to make us some Tradewaters, Yuma's and M-18's and we will then post up on our sub forums along with a Newsletter going out to our customer base. Todd is one of the nicest makers I have ever dealt with. Not only is he a great custom maker, he so wants to please everyone he makes a knife for and that alone is sometimes missing when dealing with some custom makers. We will continue to work with Todd and look forward to not only what we have on order but new designs I'm sure in the future.

Take care and Thank you for your order
Jim

Jim - you don't know the half of it, but you're learning!
Todd is flat out good folks. (and he has a scary amount of talent)
best of luck with your shop and I hope the relationship is long and fruitful for the both of you.

Back