T.M.Hunt Ringpops.

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
Well I've gone and done another thing I'd never say I'd do. I never really wanted to be known for making things with the deliberate purpose of violence, nor do i have any desire to "cash in" on the whole tactical or "look at me I'm a baddass" type of thing but lets face it. Its a dangerous world out there and its only going to get worse I'm affraid. Why not make a self defense tool that can be hand made of high quality and craftsmanship. Well, here it is. The T.M.Hunt "Ringpop" as we have affectionately come to call it. Now available in lightweight aircraft aluminum or high carbon heat treated tool steel with assorted handle colors and options. Also available but not shown kydex belt carry rigs for these.

Keep in mind, these are no nonsense tools and I can refuse the right to sell these to anyone. Check with your states laws on the possession of these because I assume no responsibility once they are in your possession.

Last edited:
They are awesome. The aluminum is so light it goes absolutely unnoticed. The tool steel version is just too badass for words. Don't carry it in your pocket on these hot summer days, though. It will rust from sweat. Do go with a kydex carry option.

Bad ass:

20160707_121947_zpsihi0lxbj.jpg

Thought there wold be more responses than this. These are freaking awesome.

These are nice but unfortunately 98% of the population can't legally carry them. Knuckles, and knucks, are illegal to carry in most places, and illegal to even own in quite a few. If the design were tweaked to function as a bottle opener or other legal device, and they were marketed as such, these would gain a lot more interest. Hell, I'd buy a few for sure.

These are nice but unfortunately 98% of the population can't legally carry them. Knuckles, and knucks, are illegal to carry in most places, and illegal to even own in quite a few. If the design were tweaked to function as a bottle opener or other legal device, and they were marketed as such, these would gain a lot more interest. Hell, I'd buy a few for sure.

Well, you are correct to a extent. Thats why the disclaimer is in the thread about purchasing, as far as me selling, since these are not manufactured and are handmade i am legal to sell as long as i dont go over a certain quantity that would consider it manufactured. As far as putting a bottle opener in it and labelling it as such, while you may be correct, makes it a novelty which is not my intent with this at this time. Besides that, If it had a bottle opener on it there is no law enforcement officer in the world dumb enough to think you are carring it as such.....

These are no nonsense purpose driven handcrafted DEFENSE tools, if you want a bottle opener, buy a bottle opener.

Well, you are correct to a extent. Thats why the disclaimer is in the thread about purchasing, as far as me selling, since these are not manufactured and are handmade i am legal to sell as long as i dont go over a certain quantity that would consider it manufactured. As far as putting a bottle opener in it and labelling it as such, while you may be correct, makes it a novelty which is not my intent with this at this time. Besides that, If it had a bottle opener on it there is no law enforcement officer in the world dumb enough to think you are carring it as such.....

These are no nonsense purpose driven handcrafted DEFENSE tools, if you want a bottle opener, buy a bottle opener.

Agreed, most law enforcement would see right through it. It was just a random thought. Just out of curiosity, what number would be considered manufacturing? I'm pretty ignorant to the business side of these things.

I could demonstrate it as a bottle opener as is. Pretty much anything can be a bottle opener, just hang out with Andy a while at Blade and he will prove it :D

Back